StationToStation

FKA twigs

To the people debating about what songs to use to get people into her, I've gotta say I showed "two weeks" to the same friend who didn't like lights on" and she liked it... Tbh it was the first FKA twigs song I really loved except water me, and I loved it in a different way. I didn't know she could do something so multilayered and catchy.

This is getting so insanely impossible with her dang near-perfect consistency, but here's my ranking as of 8/17 at 12:30pm lol

Water Me

Ultraviolet

Papi Pacify

Pendulum

Lights On

Hours

Give Up

FKA x inc.

Video Girl

Two Weeks

One Time

How's That

Closer

Breathe

Hide

Kicks

Weak Spot

Preface

Ache

Numbers

H0bDaqU.gif

This is getting so insanely impossible with her dang near-perfect consistency, but here's my ranking as of 8/17 at 12:30pm lol

Water Me

Ultraviolet

Papi Pacify

Pendulum

Lights On

Hours

Give Up

FKA x inc.

Video Girl

Two Weeks

One Time

How's That

Closer

Breathe

Hide

Kicks

Weak Spot

Preface

Ache

Numbers

I command that you listen to Closer on a loop until you come to appreciate its ethereal beauty and rank it at LEAST in your Top 10... I mean to put How's That above Closer (or anything at all tbh lol I mean How's That is kind of awful) is just disrespectful! Kicks deserves more love too.. and what is Give Up doing all the way up there???

:P At least Water Me is where it belongs. I don't think she'll ever best that song, for me anyway. There's just something so special about it. :flutter:

Anyone have those official lyrics they can post here??

14417469274.gif

I command that you listen to Closer on a loop until you come to appreciate its ethereal beauty and rank it at LEAST in your Top 10... I mean to put How's That above Closer (or anything at all tbh lol I mean How's That is kind of awful) is just disrespectful! Kicks deserves more love too.. and what is Give Up doing all the way up there???

:P At least Water Me is where it belongs. I don't think she'll ever best that song, for me anyway. There's just something so special about it. :flutter:

Anyone have those official lyrics they can post here??

Don't get me wrong, I really do love "Closer"! Of all 20 songs, "Closer" wins the award for making me the happiest/smiliest. The chorus is just so sweet and I love how lovely the production is there too :flutter: And I didn't use to like "How's That" too much, but from playing EP2 on repeat so much it's just stuck with me ya know?

H0bDaqU.gif

Don't get me wrong, I really do love "Closer"! Of all 20 songs, "Closer" wins the award for making me the happiest/smiliest. The chorus is just so sweet and I love how lovely the production is there too :flutter: And I didn't use to like "How's That" too much, but from playing EP2 on repeat so much it's just stuck with me ya know?

I feel ya. The other day while ranking this shit with Sitar I realized almost everything is so great, so I can't really knock someone for preferring one song over another. How's That and Give Up though.. idk why but those songs are just annoying to me. :toofunny: I actually fell in love with Hide recently, I'd never given it much attention before.

P.S. when are you gonna get into Queen of Hearts :hooker: I want your input in my thread over there. :defeated:

14417469274.gif

I feel ya. The other day while ranking this shit with Sitar I realized almost everything is so great, so I can't really knock someone for preferring one song over another. How's That and Give Up though.. idk why but those songs are just annoying to me. :toofunny: I actually fell in love with Hide recently, I'd never given it much attention before.

Yeah I can't diss really anyone's opinion really, every song is so immense and incredible!! "Give Up" was so immediate for me though, I can't understand how you don't LIVE for it ugh :defeated: I kinda looked over "Hide" for a long time but fell in love with it after that Young Turks ruins performance video we got.

P.S. when are you gonna get into Queen of Hearts :hooker: I want your input in my thread over there. :defeated:

I'll try and give ha another chance soon, promise ;) I've just been so busy recently lol

H0bDaqU.gif

Yeah I can't diss really anyone's opinion really, every song is so immense and incredible!! "Give Up" was so immediate for me though, I can't understand how you don't LIVE for it ugh :defeated: I kinda looked over "Hide" for a long time but fell in love with it after that Young Turks ruins performance video we got.

I'll try and give ha another chance soon, promise ;) I've just been so busy recently lol

The whole song just sounds so generic to me. I don't like how in the first verse she's like "if I can rectify the-" like rectify the what. Ugh lol. The chorus is also really.. empty? to me. Like there's nothing going on at all. & then when it tries to pick up at her saying "I know that sometimes you wish I'd go away" it doesn't go much farther. I guess I also don't like the way she delivers the lyrics. The melody or whatever just doesn't do it for me.

Kicks was close to the bottom of your list. Do you just not prefer it or am I going to feel the same strangeness towards you that you feel to me about Give Up? Because Kicks is AMAZING and idk how it's not more of a favorite from most of the people in the thread. :rip:

& yay. :party: I just reviewed Cocoon in her thread so if you're looking for somewhere to start that album, maybe my review can help. :hooker:

also this totally belongs in her thread but I made my own iteration of her album so if u can't get into the official one I have a good tracklist that works way better.

14417469274.gif

Lemme rank:

Weak Spot (til death! Her "Get Drunk"!)

Pendulum

Water Me

Kicks

Ultraviolet

Ache

Closer

Breathe

Hours

Two Weeks

Lights On

Hide

FKA x inc.

Preface

One Time

Video Girl

Papi Pacify

Give Up

Numbers

How's That (@@National Anthem HOW IS THIS ABOVE WEAK SPOT?!?!?!)

Overall I think EP1 is my favorite body of work from her.

This guy is pretty tough, but he PRAISED LP1! Gave it a strong 8 - light 9. Named the tracks that bring it down to be:

- Kicks

- Closer

- Hours

I agree with that except obviously "Numbers" instead of "Hours" :hooker:

He is clearly deaf.

14417469274.gif

This guy is pretty tough, but he PRAISED LP1! Gave it a strong 8 - light 9. Named the tracks that bring it down to be:

- Kicks

- Closer

- Hours

I agree with that except obviously "Numbers" instead of "Hours" :hooker:

he's fucking irrelevant, but glad to see he was right about this one

BzhmW.png