Baby V Alex

Ariana Grande

Sweetener never clicked for me and TUN was a great album but I definitely haven’t loved either of them as much as I do positions.

it definitely took a couple days to grow on me, but it’s my favorite AG album. 
I would’ve left obvious, west side, and six thirty off the album and made it a more powerful 11 track record. 

I went to the gym today and re-listened to the record and could only come up with four songs I genuinely like. The rest are meh IMHO or they just sounded identical to the others. My list (in no particular order):

-Just Like Magic 

-Nasty

-POV

-Motive w/ Doja Cat

Motive was one of the songs that was a grower for me. The other three I had already saved in my library. I feel like I could grow to like 34+35 and Positions, but after listening to them again today I didn’t feel the need to go back and hit replay. 

⬆️ A humble opinion since this record is much more upbeat than I’ve been streaming lately. I think my winter blues are kicking in early :smokeney:

While Positions has some good tracks, the instrumentation feels so uninspired and lacks any character. 

I want to really like Off the Table but the track goes nowhere for me. It’s super slow and Abel’s voice on this makes me want to fall asleep. It’s sluggish and I hate it. :sadcore4:

Favorites: Safety Net, POV, Just Like Magic

Worst: Motive, Off the Table

Lana Del Rey Ultraviolence GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Gotta say I'm kinda disappointed with the album.

It's not that I don't like it, it's just that she set the bar so high with TUN this just doesn't feel like a worthy successor.

I LOVE motive, my hair, and safety net but most songs sound really similar to each other which kills the album's potential imo.

With all this said, I've been listening to positions a lot and just finished drawing this, so I thought I'd share :smile4:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHqeaS0Hb5F/

7 minutes ago, cellophane said:

The video for 34+35 is here...

...it's a choice for sure. Has some cute looks. Also Ari serving Rina-bot teas from the XS video. The Metropolis reference was nice too.

was that a toxic mv reference at 2:20 :oic2:

The video is cute but it’s not a serve. As much as I hated Sweetner, the visuals for that era was stunning. 

This era ain’t it for me. :smokeney:

Lana Del Rey Ultraviolence GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY