Baby V Alex

Ariana Grande

Cant be only one getting the Cold Hearted reference of the video 

first the Madonna sample and now Paula Abdul! Im getting tired, has everything been done already? :eek2: Also the choreo… can she have less stage presence?? 

well… at least she’s leaving the R&B behind… a win is a win! Even if the song is a bit generic you can’t go wrong with house music. She knows how to satisfy the gays and my guess is that she’s cooking a basic pop dance album to win the girls and queers back 

46 minutes ago, AtomicMess said:

It's stupid and fun, and honestly? If she releases an entire album that's basically "Yeah, I did it, and I've got a 4 octave range, and all you've got are bills, so what's fuckin' good?" I'd die.

I would have preferred this. We didn't get this. Thats my complaint lol.

3 minutes ago, slayyyngel said:

I would have preferred this. We didn't get this. Thats my complaint lol.

I'm half and half on whether we got it or not. It's just a single song, and I personally think it's in the ballpark. Maybe just not a home run. 

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

As I expected, it’s already grown on me a bit (though I still hate the lyrics but I never really listen to Ariana for lyrics so whatever), I just don’t understand why she is doing this weird breathy baby voice?? It doesn’t even go with the song? If she used her regular vocals I think the song would hit much harder.

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

I was excited for this and I enjoy quite a large bunch of Ari's music but this is just straight up garbage.

How many more 90s house tracks will we have to endure before the pop girls abandon this tired trend???

It sounds dated, the chorus sucks, the video is as bland as the song and we really didn't need another Vogue/Show Me Love sample song after Swish Swish, Chromatica album and Break My Soul (all of which were DREADFUL).

4 hours ago, details said:

i'm just gonna say i'm finding these tirades to be very misogynistic. babes that man WANTED to leave, HE was the one who left his family for another woman. sure, ariana is not innocent but she's not the biggest problem in this situation. some of you act like she had him at gunpoint and forced him to leave his family like 😭 no, he wanted to be with her in the first place 

4 hours ago, Embach said:

The whole "homewrecking" thing, it's imo very misogynist how everybody was blaming Ariana in the media while imo the most guilty one is Ethan (or whatever his name is), HE was the one who left his wife (and kids?), HE was the one who ruined it. That doesn't mean that Ariana's innocent but I do think that Ethan had a bigger role in this and the media is all quiet about him while blaming Ariana. Which is kinda hateful...

no, it isn't misogynistic, ethan is absolutely to blame as well, especially since he is the one who chose to walk out on his family, but ariana still made the decision to be with him as well knowing he was married and had a newborn baby, people are criticizing her more simply because she's way more famous and people are going to talk and have opinions when a very famous celebrity does something like that, criticizing women for their shitty choices isn't misogyny, she literally befriended the wife and held their baby, she's in the wrong 100% and we should have the right to point it out

also, people are definitely criticizing ethan as well and making fun of him, nobody's really giving him a pass

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

I love it it got stuck in my head instantly it's soo catchy. I'm assuming it'll play the same role in the album as songs like the daydream interlude and butterfly reprise by Mariah, the dance track between softer r&B/pop songs.

qfrWuBl.png

Realistically, what do you think would be more traumatic for a child - you father leaving your mom for another woman or your parents forcing themselves to be in an an unhappy marriage your whole childhood?

I’m nowhere near Ariana and Ethan’s side, just pointing out that there’s no win in this situation for the child, but I do think the 2nd option is probably more traumatic. 

9 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

Realistically, what do you think would be more traumatic for a child - you father leaving your mom for another woman or your parents forcing themselves to be in unhappy marriage your whole childhood?

I’m nowhere near Ariana and Ethan’s side, just pointing out that there’s no win in this situation for the child, but I do think the 2nd option is probably more traumatic. 

I don’t think those are only two options:bebe:

2 minutes ago, taco truck said:

I don’t think those are only two options:bebe:

So we’re thinking he’s cheated only because she’s a popstar, not because he’s a scumbag in general?

3 hours ago, AtomicMess said:

I hate making body comments but she really does need to eat a grape and have a vitamin water like

Girl not a grape and vitamin water :rip:

Good sis needs a cheeseburger and fries immediately, she’s looking emaciated in the video

If her new album sounds like that, she went downhill imo. It is so commercial that it is unlistenable. 

2 hours ago, taco truck said:

As I expected, it’s already grown on me a bit (though I still hate the lyrics but I never really listen to Ariana for lyrics so whatever), I just don’t understand why she is doing this weird breathy baby voice?? It doesn’t even go with the song? If she used her regular vocals I think the song would hit much harder.

thats exactly what i thought too when i first listened to the song, but since i dont really listen to ari, i thought thats how she always sang and that im just not used to her voice (+ i didnt see anyone else mention this so i guessed this was a me issue) :toofunny:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

unpopular opinion but i loved this! i'm a dancer and you best believe i got up and danced to this, even learned parts of the chorus's choreography :dance2: it's such a fun but also chill song; reminds me of no tears left to cry except with less belting. only thing i didn't like was her alien baby voice in the bridge. 

i think people's reception could stem from it not being a typical bop unlike 7 rings, thank u next, positions, etc. those songs were made to be smash hits, while i don't see this one having the same success since it's not really "punchy". i think vogue definitely has more pizazz to it and it would've been better is ari whispered less. that being said i'm sure her next single will be more of an agreeable bop, her and max martin know to create those but ariana might've wanted to go for a different vibe with this song; just very 'i don't give a fuck about critics, peace and love xx'.

also ariana will always have ballads and vocally powerful songs on her albums so this song isn't a representation of the entire album necessarily.

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

57 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

So we’re thinking he’s cheated only because she’s a popstar, not because he’s a scumbag in general?

no... i was saying they could've broken up without him having an affair:eek: