Sign in to follow this  
Hellish

Which songs do you think were intended for the new album?

I really don't mean to sound rude, but what exactly is there to determine at all? So little, almost nothing, is know about the songs and their respective production information. We can't determine anything. 

I don't know what you're referring to as a "composition" here but sticking to its musicological definition I couldn't but disagree with that statement. 

....this was my reply to everyone assigning songs to a record based on what they "sound like."

and composition was the wrong word choice on my part, but think about this, ever think about the "ah-ah-ah-ah's" in Angels Forever would sound like if they were sped up?

@@keanefar Sigh back at you. I'm not saying you're wrong. You could very well be right. I'm just saying there's no definitive proof so it shouldn't be stated as fact. Reasonable people can have different opinions, but nobody knows, so nothing should be stated as fact. I feel like a broken record on this.

To avoid a distracting argument about what should be considered an "outtake", no, I don't think the upload dates or subjective judgments about the sound or lyrics of these tracks are enough evidence to definitively conclude that she recorded these with the intention of possibly using them on Paradise or that she didn't intend to use them on her next album (which she has implied Rick has also been involved with). Nor can we conclude the reverse.

Still sighing at you. Unless I say 'it's a fact that....', I'm not saying it as fact. Can you understand that? I agree, you very much do sound like a broken record, in the sense you flat out say I'm wrong (whether you realize or not); you literally go in for the kill upon the sight of the word 'outtake'. It's ridiculous.

I would love to sit here and write you a nice, long paragraph but I simply don't have the time. I'll make sure in the future to avoid using the term outtake; perhaps I'll simply leave it up to you to answer the question of 'what's an outtake'. Have a nice rest of your day, evil.

I would love to sit here and write you a nice, long paragraph but I simply don't have the time. I'll make sure in the future to avoid using the term outtake; perhaps I'll simply leave it up to you to answer the question of 'what's an outtake'. Have a nice rest of your day, evil.

You don't need avoid to the term as long as you use it correctly.  :teehee:

Still sighing at you. Unless I say 'it's a fact that....', I'm not saying it as fact. Can you understand that? I agree, you very much do sound like a broken record, in the sense you flat out say I'm wrong (whether you realize or not); you literally go in for the kill upon the sight of the word 'outtake'. It's ridiculous.

:facepalm: It's a fact that this is getting silly. It's a fact that I never flat out say you're wrong. It's a fact that I explicitly said otherwise several times. It's a fact that having to begin every statement one wished to be taken as true this way (or not being able to take a statement at face value without it beginning this way) would be ridiculous.

I'll make sure in the future to avoid using the term outtake; perhaps I'll simply leave it up to you to answer the question of 'what's an outtake'.

You don't need avoid the term as long as you use it correctly.  :teehee:

You don't even need to do that. Just be clear about what you mean by the term.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Not to drag this out even further, but would it help to point out we're not saying you said anything wrong, but rather what you said might be sufficiently ambiguous that someone could get the wrong idea? We're just asking you to take extra care to be clear and specific (maybe even beyond the call of duty?) when discussing "potential outtakes."

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

Not to drag this out even further, but would it help to point out we're not saying you said anything wrong, but rather what you said might be sufficiently ambiguous that someone could get the wrong idea? We're just asking you to take extra care to be clear and specific (maybe even beyond the call of duty?) when discussing "potential outtakes."

I don't k

I don't think there are clear enough similarities ~lyrically or sonically~ between the other tracks and Paradise, or clear enough such distinctions between the other tracks and BB & AFFA to make any conclusions about what they were intended for.

There aren't?

~Body electric and I dance like Morrison~? :creep:

My attempt to justify songs as Paradise outtakes, though I in fact don't know for sure: "JFK" appeared as a title some time before the tracklist was released, alongside "Because of You" and "Burning Desire". Only one of these songs made it to the album, but I think it's safe to say that it wasn't entirely an invented title based on the legitimate song titles it surfaced with (BD being released and BOY being registered). It seems like "Young & Beautiful", "Hollywood", and "Starry Eyed" were all uploaded alongside "JFK", perhaps creating some sort of natural grouping by Nowels himself. In addition, "Hollywood" carries some repetitive lyrics from The Paradise Edition and in "Starry Eyed" you can hear the beginnings of some Haynie samples, which do not indicate the departure from heavy production that she has claimed for her new album. I personally recognize loads similarities between these tracks and Born to Die/Paradise, whereas "Black Beauty" and "Angels Forever, Forever Angels" stand out as a touch more poetic and even more personal. However, they're all demos, so the soundscape is similar across the board.

I don't think there are clear enough similarities ~lyrically or sonically~ between the other tracks and Paradise, or clear enough such distinctions between the other tracks and BB & AFFA to make any conclusions about what they were intended for.

There aren't?

~Body electric and I dance like Morrison~? :creep:

And to that I say ~Paradise is a game of do or die, I just ride, ride~

I think she's just a serial lyric repeater generally.

"JFK" appeared as a title some time before the tracklist was released, alongside "Because of You" and "Burning Desire".

But wasn't "JFK" a rumored title even earlier than that? Isn't that why people assumed it was an old song until it surfaced on Rick's site? That's my recollection anyway.

in "Starry Eyed" you can hear the beginnings of some Haynie samples, which do not indicate the departure from heavy production that she has claimed for her new album.

She has implied that she's still working with Haynie. Aside from the one repeated sample which we're assuming is his handiwork, I wouldn't consider the production on "Starry Eyed" to be very "heavy". For that matter, all of these tracks seem stripped down compared to BTD, but that may just be owing to their probable demo-ness. In any case, I'm not sure how much weight should be placed on Miss Hawaiian Glam Metal's descriptions of her own surf noir music.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

idk, I just would be happy and thankful if there would come a new album. I have a wishlist with songs but in the end Lizzie will choose.

"Black Beauty" was probably intended for the new album I think.

idk, I just would be happy and thankful if there would come a new album. I have a wishlist with songs but in the end Lizzie will choose.

"Black Beauty" was probably intended for the new album I think.

If it got proper treatment it could still sound new and even more amazing though.

There was this one fanmade edit which was absolutely heavenly and orgasmic, but ended at 1:30...:(

Before new music, I really think she should release AKA and include some covers like Chelsea Hotel and Summer Wine. Maybe just an Itunes version idk but it's really a waste of money and I still don't understand how Lana hasn't done this yet since she owns the rights. 

Before new music, I really think she should release AKA and include some covers like Chelsea Hotel and Summer Wine. Maybe just an Itunes version idk but it's really a waste of money and I still don't understand how Lana hasn't done this yet since she owns the rights. 

she already has lots of money and there's no point in re-releasing aka except it would be cool to have a physical release. and we already have the covers. i think everybody would prefer new material to songs from 2007/2008

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

she already has lots of money and there's no point in re-releasing aka except it would be cool to have a physical release. and we already have the covers. i think everybody would prefer new material to songs from 2007/2008

You got the point, it would be great to have a physical copy of aka :D

The weeknd released a compilation a while ago with all his 3 albums that were available for free on the internet and still the album picked #4 at billboard and sold pretty well. In any Lana unreleased video on YT ( even in Summer wine and Chelsea Hotel) there's a lot of comments asking "where i can buy it?" "I don't find on itunes" from casual listeners and etc, so it would make sense to official release her previous work that is already available. Besides that she could increase her setlist. 

She did say that her demo's were written for "later use, or for different artists".

So, obviously she will not put them on an album, but it would be so cool if she gave Noir, Last Girl On Earth, and Damn You professional treatment.

Also, since she wants to rework Mermaid Motel and Kill Kill, one of those songs would likely be on a new album.

Ooooh when did she say that?!  :flutter:

I always questioned the phenomenon with how in, what, two years, there are 200+(?) or so tracks that have been discovered...

I personally think that there may have been a few album concepts Lana had in mind before BTD and Paradise. Personally, I think that Hollywood's Dead, Damn You, TV in Black & White, Tired of Singing the Blues, True Love on the Side... I don't know, to keep from flooding the post, I'll just say that I think a lot of the songs we have heard could have been intended for the trifecta album (though I certainly feel AFFA and Starry Eyed are also included with Black Beauty.)

I could see Lana holding a lot of songs idle until she felt she found that album idea that connected the right tracks together with perfection. I wouldn't deny that some of them might be scraps, too. I'm just so surprised that a lot of them are pretty much great hits, many of them pretty much as perfect as they are, and they've never made it to an album. It's really weird to me how that's happening, where a lot of other artists I listen to, unreleased tracks are a minority in their collection.