lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

ULTRAVIOLENCE is such an unexpected title, and i hope the album will be unexpected too. i know we all keep mentioning HDB, bc of that lyric, but im really hoping for 100% new material, not even black beauty or AFFA. I feel like those songs were too much like BTD/Paradise, which she's closed the door on. I want a completely new sound. idk if that'll happen, but i think its pretty likely. i think we can all agree lana is very versatile, so im hoping she will broaden her horizons even more with this album.

edit: i didnt even realize i basically posted the same thing last night hahaha whatever tropico got me not thinkin straight

tumblr_n44ko1s3Pk1rkudelo1_400.gif

I am still incredibly excited about all this. Way too much going on today. 

I am sure whatever she has planned, she has made it interesting enough. I wouldn't mind Black Beauty being on it. It is one of her finest written songs. It would be a shame if it isn't on there although the album title gives me a completly different vibe.

FOREVER HOPING FOR AN ENTIRE ALBUM OF GOGO DANCER-ESQUE SONGS + COUNTRY INSPIRED ALBUM :defeated:

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

I'm hoping for AFFA and JFK and Never Let Me Go. 

Okay, this isn't a pizza parlor. We're not making personal pizzas...

But If you wanted to know my order, and I'd like a large pie of Boarding School.

NO to interludes and NO to a 2 CD record.

That is way too much filler for my taste. Am I in the minority hoping Haynie will produce?

Well if the album is 14 songs they can have 7 songs on each disk (think Reflektor by Arcade Fire...)

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

ULTRAVIOLENCE is such an unexpected title, and i hope the album will be unexpected too.

I agree, what I like most about this title is that it is so unexpected. Sure, we don't know in what way the sound of the album will relate to the title, but it certainly doesn't sound "Paradise/AFFA-ish", which for me is very promising because I was really getting tired of that era... 

So while I won't jump to any conclusions about the sound just yet, this sure didn't leave me LESS excited.

For those of you who love AFFA like me....

Can I just say that I have a feeling the tonal qualities of AFFA will make a cut, but probably some different lyrics....

:sadcore2:

Stay inspired my friends.

Personally, with the intentions of a stripped-down album, I'd love to see Lana go in a very Indie-esque direction, like Father John Misty's "Hollywood Forever Cemetery Sings," or "Nancy from Now On," or Dear Euphoria, or even more surreal undertones like Daughter while maybe incorporating post-rock or even some subtle electric vibes (I do not want an EDM album from Lana for a long time tbh.)

I have a feeling that Lana's starting to identify with herself a little differently as an artist. I'm personally glad that the BTD/Paradise chapter is finally over. ULTRAVIOLENCE sounds like a whole new angle of Lana just from the name. I think that ULTRAVIOLENCE is going to really show the Lana that's a freebird with a newly discovered way of feeling and breathing, all the while undergoing an emotional conflict between confidence and uncertainty, joy and disconsolation, the parting with old love and the welcoming of a new love, the reconciling between memories and moving on.  I think this is going to give a scope on how Lana's been living in the "now" since VG and BTD.

ULTRAVIOLENCE is going to be
tumblr_mpw0mbU1Xv1s1popdo1_400.gif