lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

Y'all will roll with your eyes since she is the most talked about artist since Friday, but Beyonce has just shown how to think out of a box when you release an album. Of course, if any other artist drops an album like her it will just be a copycat. 

But Universal and Lana's team should take notes how to make a campaign interesting.

Y'all will roll with your eyes since she is the most talked about artist since Friday, but Beyonce has just shown how to think out of a box when you release an album. Of course, if any other artist drops an album like her it will just be a copycat. 

But Universal and Lana's team should take notes how to make a campaign interesting.

Well Lana's never released focused on singles which is really interesting, she pushes the record whereas it's usually vice versa. 

I find Beyoncé's lacklustre approach to promotion and sales to be a lie, but fair do's to her because she's selling records. Lana seems to actually care about her work as a collective. Well not seems, she definitely does.

:thankyou:  :thankyou:  :thankyou:  :thankyou:

Everyone likes Beyonce, so she can do that.  Not as much many people (in North America at least) like LDR.  Also Beyonce has been around for what 15 years now?  Lana just can't do what Beyonce did.  Very few entertainers that aren't largely self-sufficient (i.e. not on a major, around a long time, label gives them a vanity label even) could do it.  Jay-Z tried to be unconventional with his last album by releasing through phones first and that didn't really work well.  So even as a big artist, unconventional moves like that are risky.  As much as I like LDR (and not Beyonce gasp), she's nowhere near Beyonce's level.  Plus with Lana making a mini-comeback in the US, I bet Interscope/Universal want to play it safe and calculated.

u6pq4c9.gif

And the fake track lists have started

http://cshew.tumblr.com/post/69931326153/this-leaked

Sad that people doing these fake things don't know how to be trust (especially on lanabord).

As you remember, or for those who didn't read my analysis about this community :

1) Tell a lanaboard member, or show him something, no matter

2) Then add a hot ass

3) Subsequently, the lanaboard member will trust you 

:eartha:

Please, just stop using this fucking face ! Let her repose a little...

Everyone likes Beyonce, so she can do that.  Not as much many people (in North America at least) like LDR.  Also Beyonce has been around for what 15 years now?  Lana just can't do what Beyonce did.  Very few entertainers that aren't largely self-sufficient (i.e. not on a major, around a long time, label gives them a vanity label even) could do it.  Jay-Z tried to be unconventional with his last album by releasing through phones first and that didn't really work well.  So even as a big artist, unconventional moves like that are risky.  As much as I like LDR (and not Beyonce gasp), she's nowhere near Beyonce's level.  Plus with Lana making a mini-comeback in the US, I bet Interscope/Universal want to play it safe and calculated.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I am not saying that she should just upload her new album on iTunes without previous promo since her biggest market is Europe and iTunes is not big in Mainland Europe. So it would definately hurt her sales. And of course, Lana is nowhere near Beyonce in terms of popularity. All I am saying is that with Beyonce we have seen that there are obviously different strategies to "promote" an album. Maybe the 3 or 4 months in advance announcements are a thing of the past. The label reveals a release date and you have to wait, wait AAAAND wait for the music. Most people don't want to wait anymore. They want it quick and they want it fast and when the album drops, they have already moved on. 

That should be a thread.

It should also be false buuuuut hey at least Paradise was more subtle than BTD. At least he wrote on God Jeans!