lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

wtf is that supposed to mean?

I don't read Rob's tweets he clearly has nothing better to do than feed off his daughters fame (gross) and he's probably tripping off all the red bull he consumes!!!!!!!!

If I went to jail, at least I wouldn't have to sign autographs

As all hope is winding down, I just want to assist in pooping on everyone's parade.

I'm not sure if this was resolved, but not long ago, everyone was saying how Lana's Vevo account was active a few days ago. I figured out what was up with that missing 14th video: It was a Maleficent trailer.

If you go on YouTube, her Vevo has 13 videos. If you go on the Vevo app, she has 14, the 14th video being a trailer. The trailer isn't available on the website, only Vevo's website and app.

Ok, now we can proceed in closing the thread.

Wait... Billboard recently posted that UV is not coming out May 1, why are people freaking out about it? 

"Del Rey teased a May 1 release date for "Ultraviolence" earlier this month, but a rep for the singer tells Billboard that a release date has yet to be confirmed"

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop-shop/5915589/lana-del-rey-taps-black-keys-dan-auerbach-for-ultraviolence

OMG, I think it was obvious that UV wouldn't be out on May 1st. 
The only thing I suppose is that probably it would come out on fall. 

People are forgetting that it's not Lana who decides the release date. Tropico was a personal project for her, seemingly done independent of the label, that they promoted a little to boost sales for Paradise but that was it. The album is going to have a marketing strategy and campaign, singles being decided, promotion will be booked with TV appearances, and she may even still be recording some songs for it. If she said May 1st, then it's probably a tentative date and will probably come around around that time and in that quarter. Hopefully it won't be 4th quarter but it's going to come soon enough. Just be patient. 

Just to be clear, I'm in no hurry for ultraviolence. Which is good because it'll probably be a late summer release at the very least.

Just to be clear, in quoting you I wasn't trying to single you out or ascribe any particular views to you. I just thought your quote provided a good jumping off point for my thoughts on things being expressed lately in the fanbase generally.

2. She has never actually said "soon" about anything RE: ultraviolence

Sorry to get all pedantic on you, but she actually did say "soon" in the fan video where she said it was coming out May 1. But as I explained earlier in some length, I don't think it's fair to hold her to that. And even if it were fair to do that, considering it's Lana it's still silly to think that would happen. (Not that it couldn't, it's just silly to expect so.)

Also, regarding Rob's tweet about the date being "a moving target", that could really mean anything. It could mean it's being moved up before the start of the tour, it could mean it's being pushed back until afterwards, perhaps well afterwards. However, I really think "it's coming you little bitch"-- and "soon". LOL. I'm cynical with Lana and dates, but I think it is excessively cynical to think the album won't come out until late in the year. But I'm just not going to get upset if it doesn't.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

The only reason I'm even anticipating it soon is not Lana's slip-up or the tour promo she's doing, but our label dude saying a single was coming late March. It's not a total stretch.

who thinks shes gonna release more than 1 single before she releases the album 

Considering both past releases, probably a promo single at least.

Emilie said It's not a song of Lana ;)

it zounds just like hurr :(

rob grant on "Bloody Tears"

"silly name...doesn't even sound like her"

BDp2sY8CYAAUbsW.jpg

uhhh stop posting that

Why are we fighting over whether she said "soon" or not? Where the heck is Ultraviolence? I am Ultra Impatient. Can her tour get there already. I just need a beer in my hand and sway my hips to Lana in Philly.

Yesss. Having a tracklist will satisfy me up for at least one month tbh. Any firm confirmation would help tho

Then we can keep ourselves busy guessing who/what the songs are about and getting it completely wrong :flutter:

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

Then we can keep ourselves busy guessing who/what the songs are about and getting it completely wrong :flutter:

Exactly  :cuteface:  I usually try to guess by song title whether it will be a more uptempo one or more ballad-ish. I suck at that. But it's fun :lel:

People are forgetting that it's not Lana who decides the release date. Tropico was a personal project for her, seemingly done independent of the label, that they promoted a little to boost sales for Paradise but that was it. The album is going to have a marketing strategy and campaign, singles being decided, promotion will be booked with TV appearances, and she may even still be recording some songs for it. If she said May 1st, then it's probably a tentative date and will probably come around around that time and in that quarter. Hopefully it won't be 4th quarter but it's going to come soon enough. Just be patient. 

You know, I've wondered how the making of Tropico worked. I mean, I'm sure it cost quite a bit of money to make and then the premiere was free and I doubt the EP sold very well so how did she finance it?

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.