lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

Didn't artpop leak well over a week before it's release?

Yeah it did. I got that the second the HQ leaked then bought it later. I can't wait for UV to leak.

Didn't artpop leak well over a week before it's release?

Yeah it did. I got that the second the HQ leaked then bought it later. I can't wait for UV to leak.

Yeah, I guess you're right..  :excited:

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

I'm gonna light some candles in a dark room and shut myself in for the duration of the listening experience, with headphones of course. This will be a religious experience..haha 

I am a shark,  beware of my bark

I'm basically removing all Lana from my life 48 hours before hearing UV. I'm going to start at midnight, lay down on my floor and play UV at full volume in my beats headphones in pitch black darkness. Yes it's weird but it just lets me experience the music with no other stimuli.

Guess I'm gonna do this as well. Darkness and isolation, the best combination for the perfect musical experience, I think

ZmJh1LG.jpg

I think this album, like the sound (so far) -- late 60s/early 70s (with nods to the 50s a la Phil Spector), was done very old school.  Like the recent Dan Auerbach interview said, she recorded it nearly in a week or two with a session band.  This was the norm for the era she seems to draw from the most -- Dylan, Cohen, Morrison, Joplin, etc.  That's how they all did it.  If you fucked up or weren't satisfied, well tough titties.  Fix it up in production if you can otherwise, take the best comp you can.  That kind of died out with ProTools/Cubase/Ableton/Logic that everyone uses now.  It'd be interesting to hear about the recording process more.  It seems Dan Auerbach would be into analog techniques, so she might record straight to reel.  Anyway, I think we have to take that into consideration.  This style lends to the vocals being lower in the mix too.  I think the label is releasing these mixes with the vocals boosted to make it a bit more radio friendly.  I think, even if this album flops commercially (and judging so far, it won't), she will get some more respect out of people who considered her not so legit before.

So far so good.  She's not blowing my mind that much with the lyrics (but she's keeping with the stuff I think we all like her for and not being too dumb so far) but the music is a definite risk.  I respect that and it's hell of a lot more interesting that what similar pop stars have decided to do.  Honestly, if she couldn't get a big name like Dan Auerbach to do this kind of music, I think the label would have shut her down.  The Black Keys are one of the few big rock acts right now in a largely R&B/hip hop-dominated pop scene.

u6pq4c9.gif

It's interesting to read how you are planning to listen to the album, from start to finish.

When a new album comes out which I had been anticipating, I am always super thirsty and I am like SHOW ME THE BEST SONNNG NOOOOW!!!!! So I come online and read which song everyone is freaking out about, what is the song that everyone is praising, and start with that. And then go with the next song which people praise, and so it goes....So....I depend on all of you to share your opinions when we get the album :teehee:

It's interesting to read how you are planning to listen to the album, from start to finish.

When a new album comes out which I had been anticipating, I am always super thirsty and I am like SHOW ME THE BEST SONNNG NOOOOW!!!!! So I come online and read which song everyone is freaking out about, what is the song that everyone is praising, and start with that. And then go with the next song which people praise, and so it goes....So....I depend on all of you to share your opinions when we get the album :teehee:

im just going to listen from the first song i think lol

im just going to listen from the first song i think lol

I listen to all albums from start to finish. :)

I do it like that too sometimes when I have that time, but when all the songs are new and I am exploring them I just have to hear the most exciting ones first

Like when Lily Allen's album came out last month and everyone was praising URL Badman I rushed to that song because I was just so curious about it

Wanna send it once you have it? :eli: I'm still buying the physical edition, but the japan edition will be out days before I can go to the store to buy it, and the japan version comes with 16/16 songs, whereas in the US the cheapest version I have to but comes with 14/16.

:P

I will! Just gotta be patient. 

devUz2O.png

I've deleted Black Beauty from my phone and iPod, I haven't listened to it since the tracklist was announced just so I can rediscover my love for it when the album comes out!

I'm definitely going to listen to the album from start to finish first, then play songs again in various orders like dipping in and out to the ones I want when I want to fully explore the album! :)

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

I always play from the first song, however....i skip the singles i've heard so i can hear the new stuff, but i play it in order. Once i play the album once all the way through, then i play it again not skipping singles.

I can't sit through 5 minutes of Shades of Cool when i've heard it 14 times knowing theres 10 songs after it i've never heard lol.

Except for Brooklyn Baby, which I am super-excited to hear, and which would be the only song I would listen to if UV leaked, I am going to listen to the CD from start to the end. However, since my copy doesn't include Is This happiness and Flipside, I will have to get them seperatly.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I'm probably gonna listen to it from start to finish. Since the physical copy doesn't have Is This Happiness, I'll most likely order it (if you can buy it separately) on iTunes, then download Flipside when it comes out.

Are you guys gonna listen to it when it leaks/gets released on the 13th in Europe or will you wait until your copy arrives/is available for download? I might just wait until I get the CD.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I'd either listen to it from start to finish or listen to the songs I have been most anticipating for first. Or if any songs leak before I get my hands on my just-pre-ordered (I'M SO HAPPYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!:shock: :scream: :excited: :crying: :ohmy: :scream: :excited:) CD, I will listen to them first and then when I get the CD, I will play it from start to finish like I did with Born To Die - the few songs I had discovered before I bought the CD, I would listen to again and again and then when I bought the CD I played it from start to finish when I was home alone...

tumblr_or3tpeCeWc1rtq3bfo1_400.gif