COLACNT

Song of the Week

i was thinking that maybe we could pool all of her songs together into some randomized generator like this once a week, and then discuss that song in depth; i.e what it means to you, what you think it means to lana, what you like about it, what you loathe about it, how it makes you feel, maybe play it for some friends / family and see how they react to it, etc basically anything centered around that one song for that week 

i always thought that the lyric forum would be a good place to discuss song meanings, etc but there are so many separate threads its kind of overwhelming to devote all of the potential ideas / analyses / discussion topics to the 839843098 different songs. and tbh there are a lot of songs that i don't really listen to that much or think about that much but if we're kind focus our attention on it collectively, we might come to hear it / understand it in different ways. and some of her songs are so different, in terms of production / lyrical content / etc so i guess maybe different songs could bring forth different types of topics etc 

good idea? flop idea? i can just copy and paste the song list into the generator if it sounds ok 

:justride2:

ZRBNill.jpg

yayyy so happy everyone likes the idea 

SONG OF THE WEEK (#1)  !!! 

maybe we can delete this thread? 

I'm wondering if they should all be in one thread for a potentially huge project, pinned etc, or if they'd get more intention by making new threads every week...

I'm wondering if they should all be in one thread for a potentially huge project, pinned etc, or if they'd get more intention by making new threads every week...

new threads every week would clutter the forum way to much, it could be kept in this thread and promo'd in statuses to keep people interested

new threads every week would clutter the forum way to much, it could be kept in this thread and it could be promo'd in statuses

I mean, if it's just one thread a week, it shouldn't cause too much clutter, and it would definitely be less likely for the new SOTW to be overlooked. If we do it that way, we can also make it a mass-participant thing as well; like, every week, the frequent participants of the topic are noted and then one member from the participants is randomly selected to announce the new SOTW (but that would also mean that they'd have to make sure they are responsible enough to put up the SOTW on time so that each song gets a fair reign.)

Though I don't see why just one thread wouldn't suffice, as long as @ is willing to put in some time once a week to put each old SOTW in a collection under a spoiler to avoid confusion, and then, of course, the once-a-week reply announcing the new SOTW (BUT to make COLA's job easier, we could even do the new announcer thing in one thread as well if we wanted to, and then he would just have to put the new SOTW info on the first post.)

Honestly, I'm 100% for this either way, how this hasn't happened yet, I don't even know. Kudos to COLA for proposing a fantastic way for all of us to have a little more fun and further connect with each other under the glory of the Blessed Lana and her Del-Reydiantism. 11375862383_c19ec0b251_q.jpg :mariah:

How about creating a subforum in "Lana Thoughts"? There are approximately over +200 songs (not including songs yet to be announced and released, oh dear lord), and that alone is like 4 years of discussing one song every week. I think it's safe to say that it's gonna stick around for a while. On one hand it seems rather practical to keep it all within the same thread, but it feels like it's gonna end up becoming a nightmare if you wanna read something specific about a particular song. Don't forget to tag each thread title with the name in case it happens! Just a suggestion  :hae:

Basically as @@Stoop Kid said, either case is fine really. Make this happen!  :heart:

EQFO7rX.png

How about creating a subforum in "Lana Thoughts"? There are approximately over +200 songs (not including songs yet to be announced and released, oh dear lord), and that alone is like 4 years of discussing one song every week. I think it's safe to say that it's gonna stick around for a while. On one hand it seems rather practical to keep it all within the same thread, but it feels like it's gonna end up becoming a nightmare if you wanna read something specific about a particular song. Don't forget to tag each thread title with the name in case it happens! Just a suggestion  :hae:

Basically as @@Stoop Kid said, either case is fine really. Make this happen!  :heart:

changed my mind, this sounds like a good idea

that. :gclap:

lana-del-rey-high-by-the-beach_zpscfcsgx

i don't have a preference tbh we can keep it under one thread and change the title every sunday or we could have a separate sub forum i dunno maybe we should vote on it?! and i mean the "SOTW" doesn't even have to be random we can vote on that too? or think of some other way to select a song like have some ppl choose it during certain weeks, etc 

:bliss:

ZRBNill.jpg