National Anthem

ALLIE X

Angrily pre-ordering the $20 CD out of guilt for listening to the leek.  I still hate the cover I was hoping it would grow on me but I just can’t.  Oh well.  AOTY

The album is released the same date as the vinyl so it's probably why she decided to keep the date. Also the leak is slightly mixed differently from the official release I think so I guess it's gonna be the case for the whole album :wat:

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

14 minutes ago, Anonymcomenter said:

for those who have listened to the album, how is it?? 

It’s cute. Cohesive. A little frumpy on the lyrical side of things but tounge in cheek and daring nonetheless. If you’ve heard Mistress Violet, you’ve heard the bulk of the record.

To me it falls a little flat compared to the shine exhibited by her previous records. For Me this one is just a bit too short and all over the place in theme.  

31 minutes ago, Anonymcomenter said:

Didn’t know the album leaked!! I feel so bad for her… 

GWNF is great, and I reaaaallly love the cover!! Now I’m excited 

for those who have listened to the album, how is it?? 

album is great! And its a proper follow up from the collxtion era (but thats just personal opinion I didnt vibe much with Cape God sorry but we have 2-3 gems in that album). She is on full Depeche Mode/Kraftwerk style with this album and she’s a genius for bringing this now to pop music. Idk if any of yall in here noticed but imo Black Eye represent only 50% of the album sonority and is the most different sound from the whole project + it really feels like the first single  bc it still has this “generic” pop/lyric style to reach GP maybe.

On 11/15/2023 at 4:19 AM, Hattie said:

Hot take, I really don't like CLXII all that much. The Unsolved singles + Casanova were the strongest tracks, I've never liked any other track on the album, especially Downtown, Paper Love, and Lifted.

I often mourn the CLXII we could have gotten. It's funny you mention Paper Love, Lifted and Downtown because I actually really like those :toofloppy: but on the other hand—I never enjoyed Need You, like, sorry but it's so fuckin boring, the producer even wanted to give it a more maximalist sound but Allie said no. Also, I really prefer Mike Wise's original productions for songs like Casanova and OHDH compared to the minimally-produced album versions. OHDH was especially ruined. Allie randomly deciding to pursue the 'minimalistic' sound for that album really set her back IMO. 

There's actually a cool early draft tracklist from like late 2015–early 2016ish, it has 15 tracks, but funnily enough, only 4 of them ended up on the final album. And a good chunk of them were actually older CLXI leftovers (2013–14) that ended up getting reworked similarly to TLIV. 

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

27 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

I often mourn the CLXII we could have gotten. It's funny you mention Paper Love, Lifted and Downtown because I actually really like those :toofloppy: but on the other hand—I never enjoyed Need You, like, sorry but it's so fuckin boring, the producer even wanted to give it a more maximalist sound but Allie said no. Also, I really prefer Mike Wise's original productions for songs like Casanova and OHDH compared to the minimally-produced album versions. OHDH was especially ruined. Allie randomly deciding to pursue the 'minimalistic' sound for that album really set her back IMO. 

There's actually a cool early draft tracklist from like late 2015–early 2016ish, it has 15 tracks, but funnily enough, only 4 of them ended up on the final album. And a good chunk of them were actually older CLXI leftovers (2013–14) that ended up getting reworked similarly to TLIV. 

Yes CLXII felt like only 3-4 songs really hit the mark and the rest were quite average or boring, CLXI was so much better. I don’t know why she changed the production and she also didn’t include songs that I felt were far superior. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Im actually really happy with the two singles so far… 

Also the song lenghts so far are great, so happy she’s not afraid to experiment and do something different in a world of songs of no more than 2 minutes 

plus the album cover is so weird and good, looks like something that belongs in a museum. She’s entering her ICHPIWL by Halsey 

1 hour ago, Coloringbooks said:

This is interesting, do we happen to know what this track list was?

3 hours ago, Coloringbooks said:

Please share omg draft tracklists give me that BUZZ :angie: Feel free to leave out any unknown titles or whatever but I’d reallllly love to see it!!