Sign in to follow this  
GodBlessMe

If you could change one of Lana's albums...

I'd add Trash Magic to LDR. That song is so important. And I'd also release two versions of LDR - one gapless and one normal.

I'd add the extended lyrics of the first demo of DMD to the final version. I prefer the production of the final, but the 'Hit me my darling tonight' lyrics are so dark and they would really improve the song.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I would add YCBTB to the BtD playlist, I would put it after VG and before DMD.

And I would have left DMD more like the demo was, same here with TIWMUG and (especially) Lolita andLucky Ones. The LO demo with the drums is soooo much better anf the Lolita one with the orchestra is just perfect, whilst the album version sounds so remix-y.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Born To Die

1. Blue Jeans

2. Off to the Races

3. Dark Paradise

4. Diet Mountain Dew

5. National Anthem

6. Radio

7. Summertime Sadness

8. Video Games

9. Lolita

10. Carmen

11. Born To Die

12. Without You

*DELUXE EDITION

13. This Is What Makes Us Girls

14. Lucky Ones

15. Million Dollar Man

Oh I forgot - I would add Hundred Dollar Bill to LDR AKA LG. I'm always surprised when I remember that its not on there - it definitely belongs in every way.

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

Guest Dot

Born to Die

Blue Jeans

Diet Mountain Dew

Carmen

Off to the Races

Million Dollar Man

National Anthem

Radio

Summertime Sadness

Dark Paradise

Video Games

Without You

Bonus Tracks:

Lolita

Serial Killer

Lucky Ones

Ride

American

JFK

Cola

Burning Desire

Hollywood

Body Electric

Gods and Monsters

Bel Air

Bonus Track:

Blue Velvet

Cruel World

Ultraviolence

Shades of Cool

West Coast

Brooklyn Baby

Pretty When You Cry

Money Power Glory

Fucked My Way Up to the Top

Old Money

Black Beauty

Flipside

Bonus Tracks:

Florida Kilos

Yayo - Rock Version

The Other Woman

Is This Happiness

Born to Die:

Video Games

Off to the races

Blue Jeans

Born to die

National anthem demo

Diet Mountain Dew demo

This is what makes us girls demo

Dark paradise demo

Carmen demo

Million Dollar Man demo

Radio

Summertime sadness

Without you

Mfhp.gif

SINGLES:

BORN TO DIE:

1. Video games

2. Born to die

3. Off to the races

4. Dark paradise

5. Radio

6. Summertime sadness

7. National anthem

PARADISE:

1. Ride

2. Cola

3. Gods & Monsters

4. Body Electric

5. Bei air

ULTRAVIOLENCE:

1. West Coast

2. Shades of cool

3. Brooklyn baby

4. Old Money

5. Fucked my way up to the top

6. Pretty when you cry

7. Cruel World

Mfhp.gif

Ok, I know some of you guys will hate me for this, but this is how I would change Ultraviolence:

Regular Version

01. Ultraviolence

02. Shades Of Cool

03. Brooklyn Baby

04. West Coast

05. Florida Kilos

06. Black Beauty

07. Pretty When You Cry

08. Money Power Glory

09. F*cked My Way Up To The Top

10. Is This Happiness

11. Old Money

12. The Other Woman

Deluxe Version Bonus Tracks

13. Sad Girl

14. Cruel World

15. Flipside

Itunes Digital Bonus Track / Preorder Physical Bonus Track

16. Guns And Roses

So now the reason why I'd change it like this:

The first thing you all will be upset about is that I removed Cruel World as an intro. I guess I have said it often enough, I am not the biggest fan of CW. And I think that, even though it's a nice intro, it is to long and repetitive. So I started with Ultraviolence, which makes a quite good intro aswell. I left the order of UV, SOC, BBY and WC untouched because I think they sound great in this order. then I picked Florida Kilis, 1. because it sounds great after West Coast and 2. because I wanted to extend the more "light" part of the record. I put Black Beauty atfer it because 1. this song should be on the regular version and 2. it is a better transition between the "light" and the "sad" part of the album than Sad Girl in my opinion. It also fits "story-wise": in SoC Lana sings about her lover being addicted to drugs, cheating on her and being "untouchable". Black Beauty will get on the "untouchable" part a bit more, while Pretty When You Cry explores the drug part. I left PWYC, MPG and FMWUTT in the original order, since I also think they sound great like this - I also like the transition between FMWUTTT and OM but still but ITH between them. 1. It also makes sense story-wise: Lana's relationship with her lover is at it'svery end, she despises him and her views on fame have cooled down. The sonical transition to OM sounds good and it also gives OM's longing for something to hold on, like "old good days", family and a former love affair,  who was and is not a drug addict with low income and *sshole-attitude. 2. I wanted to extend the"sad" part of the record aswell, since it seems so short with PWYC being a beautiful but "first take" song and FMWUTT being nice but demo-ish. I left The Other Woman as the closer track for the regular version, since I think it is a very good one because after all these sad songs at the end of UV, it seems like some kind of "warm" light, something like the lifebelt can grab andn it will pull you out of your misery. However, this feeling is out of place, since the song is still about being the woman who is left behind.

I chose Sad girl as the first Deluxe bonus track, because I think if you would listen to tghe bonus version, the catchy start of SG will get you "back into the mood" again, after listening to the regular version closer track. I think SG is a good track, but I think it would be ok on the deluxe version aswell and is not essential for UV as a "satndard version" record. The second bonus track is CW. I would not have thought that CW would make anything but a good intro/closer track, however on a deluxe version, it sounds quite nice between SG and Flipside. I wouldn't mind it's lenght and lack of lyrics if it was a deluxe track aswell. The last song on the Deluxe version is Flipside, because it's too good to be some kind of rare bonus track and it makes a wonderful closer aswell. i think picking SG, CW and Flipside as the bonus tracks is also a good choice mood-wise, unlike BB, GAR and FK, which kind off throw off the mood the regular version has built up in before.

I woudl pick Guns And Roses as the Itunes exclusive track, which would be obtainable on a physical version if you preordered UV because it is .. well, quite a good bonus track, but not essential for the record. It would sound good as "track 16." aswell. After you heard the "second closer" Flipside, there is still this one calm and ethereal bonus ballad which fades away as UV finally ends..

Oh yeah and i also was never a fan of Interscope putting the radio version of West Coast quite .. in the middle of the deluxe version of UV as track 12. I would put it as "track 17" (or 16 if you didn't buy the deluce version on Itunes/preordered it), because I think that even though the radio recording of WC is stunningly good, a radio version does not belong in the middle of a complete record if it is also included as an "album version"

Oh and please notice that my "regular version" offers the ability to release Black Beauty and Florida Kilos as singles :hooker:

I also tried out this song order as an Itunes playlist and it sounds very good to me.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

UV -

- I would take out Florida Kilos and instead of it replace it with Angels Forever, that's the song you should close the album with.

- Make The Other Woman a bit longer than the original.

- Replace Guns And Roses with Starry Eyed.

Paradise -

- Just make it from EP to LP, cause let's admit it: this EP is perfect.

BTD -

- Nothing should be changed there, everything fits perfectly.

giphy.gif

UV -

- I would take out Florida Kilos and instead of it replace it with Angels Forever, that's the song you should close the album with.

Flipside is the one and true album closer though   :hair:

Ultraviolence track list:

01 Cruel World

02 Ultraviolence

03 Shades of Cool

04 Brooklyn Baby

05 West Coast

06 Sad Girl

07 Pretty When You Cry

08 Money Power Glory

09 Old Money

10 Is This Happiness

11 The Other Woman

No bonus tracks!

I AM MY ONLY GOD

Remove Fucked My Way to the Top and Money Power Glory off Ultraviolence. These 2 songs kills the coherence of the album - both melodically and lyrically. Can be replaced with anything that doesn't break the coherence but I have no idea at the moment. (Is This Happiness? Filpside?). Oh and the album should ends at The Other Woman, no bonus tracks bullshit - you gotta admit Black Beauty and Florida Kilos sounds so different to be able to be on UV (they are good songs though).

For Paradise, I prefer the tracklist she got on her THE PARADISE EDITION video (might that have been the initial tracklist?) - it kinda flows better - 

Ride,

Cola (Pussy - yes I prefer Cola to be named Pussy),

American,

Gods and Monsters,

Body Electric,

Blue Velvet,

Bel Air,

Yayo

I would've preferred Blue Velvet to have been a Vinyl/Itunes exclusive rather than Burning Desire.IMHO Burning Desire as a track suits PD overall sound rather than Blue Velvet which sounds like the odd one out compared to the rest of the album.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

Out of curiosity, has anyone actually changed the order of official songs on iTunes? Sometimes i really want to...but...the blasphemy it is to change official material  :hdu:

I just can't do it, although I did insert the orchestral intro to BJ onto my iPod, between OTTR and BJ, and it works incredibly well there, coming out of the ending of Races.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

I would've changed Paradise to a full LP and this would be the tracklist:

Ride

Cola (Pussy)

JFK

Body Electric

Starry Eyed (an actual finished version... because I'd love for her to have written an actual second verse...)

Blue Velvet

Bel Air

Gods & Monsters

Burning Desire

Lucky Ones

Yayo

tumblr_mmtpxe9hDJ1qjdybto5_500.jpg

Yeeessssss!

I don't even mind the added production on DMD but it's so repetitive, it needs the demo extended lyrics...

I would add YCBTB to the BtD playlist, I would put it after VG and before DMD.

And I would have left DMD more like the demo was, same here with TIWMUG and (especially) Lolita andLucky Ones. The LO demo with the drums is soooo much better anf the Lolita one with the orchestra is just perfect, whilst the album version sounds so remix-y.

I'd add Trash Magic to LDR. That song is so important. And I'd also release two versions of LDR - one gapless and one normal.

I'd add the extended lyrics of the first demo of DMD to the final version. I prefer the production of the final, but the 'Hit me my darling tonight' lyrics are so dark and they would really improve the song.

....****~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~"I Believe in the Kindness of Strangers......"~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~****....