C0neyIslandKing

Lana Del Rey performs "Ultraviolence" (Song) in Vancouver

God I love it. Seriously, that is the first of the new songs I love genuinely. :godlaugh:  Lana, thank you so much. I nearly cried hearing Ultraviolence.

You killed all my doubts about his era. This is fantastic. I love you Lana. I love you.

Fuccccck, I woke up to this because I went to bed early and I'm so excited, the song sounds amazing and the best part is that it's live and nO ONE IS SINGING ALONG because no one knows the words yet THANK FUCK, not that much screaming either, dear lord bless whoever recorded that live version.

Also that promo video looks amazing as well, so short but so perfect.

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

Cola, BB, WC, And SOC are all about Barrie. I'm sure there are more songs about him too on Ultra.

Also, I don't think Ultraviolence is an old song--I think it's relatively newer (definitely post-BTD), so she has to have a reason for putting it on the album. Not only that, but making it the title track! I think it's about being haunted and surrounded by the former love of her life (Jimmy, who is on tour with her). How that must feel? It must be strange seeing those old strong emotions going no where, and so as to respect the former relationship, she doesn't want to just let them did. But at the same time, she is in a stable relationship with Barrie. How must this contradiction of emotions between two people feel? Ultraviolent.

It's ultraviolent to be touring around with the person she used to love, especially while she's in another relationship.

It's Ultraviolent to love someone with depression (Barrie).

It's Ultraviolent to be misunderstood, mistaken, and lied about (in terms of her career launching off from a bad SNL performance and a preconceived notion of who she is that most people mistakenly have for her).

It's Ultraviolent wanting to live a wild, crazy and free lifestyle while being in the public eye (aka sacrificing some of who she is in offer to fulfill others' expectations).

It's Ultraviolent to fear failure after putting so much work and effort into something--fearing that it won't be appreciated like she wants it to be.

I think that all together, THAT is what Ultraviolence is.

BOW. love this interpretation. makes me love the song even more.

let me be who i'm meant to be

Ultraviolence it's definetely my favorite song released so far. 

But I have to be honest that at this point 'm not really that interested in her lyrics anymore- they're usually great, don't get me wrong. But she has more than 250 songs available on the internet, so it seems that everything I heard so far is similar lyrically of what she has done before.  I really hope she surprises me with the new record. 

West Coast was totally different sonically from anything she's released, but I kinda like how Ultraviolence and Shades of Cool both take good ol fashioned Lana strings and then mix them with some rock oriented psychedelic shit. Now I understand how she could possible compare it to MDM and Blue Jeans.

@@LadyReyRey

this is the highest quality i found! and download the audio from here http://www.vidtomp3.com/

Sorry but...

I'M DYING!!  :lange: I'M CRYING!! :cryney: I WET MYSELF OMFG WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?! LOVE THIS SO MUCH I. JUST. CAN'T. :crying2: :omg: AND THE SPANISH? :crying5: LANA JUST KILL ME NOW. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS! :beyonce:

...just had to.