Sitar

LANALYSIS: Relating Songs To Known/Assumed Relationships

:illumilana: I could totally see her doing that lol

I'm not sure what I think about K just yet....I'm sure I could research into it and find out what really happened or who he really is but who knows if the whole thing just isn't made up  :headache:

You just never know with her! lol

i thought more about K and why I think BJ and SS are possibly about him. I've read this entire thread so I might have gotten details mixed up but I believe someone was like "they both can't be about K because one talks about Summer and one talks about meeting in December."

What if she met K in December, on holiday from Kent, but they didn't really get to spend much time together, so she has "summertime sadness" because they spent their summers together before she had to go back to school?

and the term "ride or die" is common language amongst inmates when one has a gf or wife who is willing to stick by their side while they are serving their sentence.

I'm babbling but whatever. I'm tired so i dunno if it makes sense lol

~INSTA1.gif

ok so ive been thinking long and hard and i remembered one of the reasons of why i think Shades of Cool is about Salvatore.

In Backfire lana sings "I thought I could change you like the others but i dont know how i dont know how its gonna backfire". and we all know the SOC chorus where she sings about not being able to change his weather and that hes unfixable so thats one reason

Another reason is that in the song Salvatore lana sings "like a boss, he sang jazz and blues" it might be a coincidence (considering that most of lanas songs include the words jazz and blues at least 20 times) but in SOC she sings about how he lives in shades of blues and jazz so that might be another reason.

I also had another piece of evidence but I forgot it so ill update yall when i have it

ok so ive been thinking long and hard and i remembered one of the reasons of why i think Shades of Cool is about Salvatore.

In Backfire lana sings "I thought I could change you like the others but i dont know how i dont know how its gonna backfire". and we all know the SOC chorus where she sings about not being able to change his weather and that hes unfixable so thats one reason

Another reason is that in the song Salvatore lana sings "like a boss, he sang jazz and blues" it might be a coincidence (considering that most of lanas songs include the words jazz and blues at least 20 times) but in SOC she sings about how he lives in shades of blues and jazz so that might be another reason.

I also had another piece of evidence but I forgot it so ill update yall when i have it

SoC really sounds like it's about Barrie though imo.

but I also think Salvatore might be a made up song about no one in particular.

has anyone done a lanalysis on the honeymoon tracks?

~INSTA1.gif

SoC really sounds like it's about Barrie though imo.

but I also think Salvatore might be a made up song about no one in particular.

has anyone done a lanalysis on the honeymoon tracks?

I think it refers to Francesco. There were so many pics of them eating soft ice cream in Italy.

Expanding on from this, there is also:

"Your hot, hot weather in the summer" in Shades of Cool

and "Beatboxing and rapping in the summer rain" and "The summer's white and I've been waiting for you" in Salvatore, so it doesn't sound too far off that there could be a connection.

I have a theory that the song 'In The Sun' is about Bob Leone:                   This is a work in progress 

So basically Bob was Lana's and Gaga's manager and bob basically ditched Lana for Gaga so in the lyrics 

"You told me that we could have it all,
Now you're posting pictures on your wall,

Of you and her together, what the hell?"       So Bob telling Lana shes gonna be big but him not doing anything to help her and paying more attention to Gaga.

"You took all my money and you went off on the run."       Bob leaves Lana for gaga (her paying him for doing nothing)

After that Lana starts hating on Gaga with "So Legit"        cause shes jealous? 

giphy.gif

I have a theory that the song 'In The Sun' is about Bob Leone:                   This is a work in progress 

So basically Bob was Lana's and Gaga's manager and bob basically ditched Lana for Gaga so in the lyrics 

"You told me that we could have it all,
Now you're posting pictures on your wall,

Of you and her together, what the hell?"       So Bob telling Lana shes gonna be big but him not doing anything to help her and paying more attention to Gaga.

"You took all my money and you went off on the run."       Bob leaves Lana for gaga (her paying him for doing nothing)

After that Lana starts hating on Gaga with "So Legit"        cause shes jealous? 

makes sense to me!

~INSTA1.gif

From interviews, we know that whoever K. was, he lived with her in a trailer park, lived a double life, was most likely arrested, most likely died, was handsome and magnetic, and told her she was the "most exotic thing he'd ever seen." There are also many references to a "golden grill" - be it symbolic or true.

SOooo, with that in mind!

We know for sure there is

For K.

For K. pt. 2

From interviews, we know we can add

Born to Die

Video Games

Blue Jeans

as she stated those were all for the same person - most likely "the same God-damned person" she says she writes for. ;)

What else?!

My theories, based on the lyrics and repetitive words, would include (with keywords):

Dark Paradise (he's dead, and it seems K is dead or on death row, so this fits)

Queen of Disaster ("golden grill")

I Still Love Him (from the description, something tells me this is about K. and not JFK)

Backfire (the reference to Sid and Nancy seems to be a theme in K. songs; "in our trailer park for two")

Without You (like Dark Paradise, the death theme fits here - and she cries EVERY time she sings it live)

Million Dollar Man ("you said I was the most exotic flower" ... everything else makes sense, too)

Off To The Races (maybe a stretch ... the mention of gold coins makes me think of gambling, and Video Games has hints of gambling, as well)

From the lyrics of all these songs, my theory is that K. was white (I've seen theories he was black, which FITS, but then how is he like "James Dean for sure"?); that he was either a gambler, drug dealer, or in a gang; was arrested for robbery then again for "double homicide"; is either on death row, committed suicide in prison ("heading off for death row; didn't stick around, no")

Some other possibilities:

Young And Beautiful

The Man I Love

Do you think Summertime Sadness fits too?

its safe to say that Cruel World and The Blackest Day arent about the same person. One song is happy about the breakup, the other is sad about the break up. two totally different sides of lana

Do I mess up if say I think it could be about the same person actually?  :oop2: . I mean, in Cruel World she says: "I did what I had to do" and sang with a very emotional voice. When she says: "I'm so happy now that you're gone" could be more like she saying to herself that she is fine, she's better now that she ended the relationship because the guy was really bad for her. Now about The Blackest Day...Well, she sang: "I don't really wanna break up". So...  :hillary:

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

in "drive by", a song about K's crime and arrest, lana sings "is this what you wished? did you wanna die?" 

in "hawaiian tropic", lana sings "'every man gets his wish--' you told me this, now you're gone" 

just thought this was so sad and bittersweet-- K had a death wish and ended up finally getting it :rollin: 

(honestly i feel like K is the most enigmatic piece of lana's songwriting-- obviously this guy had a HUGE impact on her-- and yes, i believe he most definitely really existed. her songs about K seem to be more personal than much of her other material. poor lana and poor K)

o4qjp4j.png

in "drive by", a song about K's crime and arrest, lana sings "is this what you wished? did you wanna die?" 

in "hawaiian tropic", lana sings "'every man gets his wish--' you told me this, now you're gone" 

just thought this was so sad and bittersweet-- K had a death wish and ended up finally getting it :rollin:

(honestly i feel like K is the most enigmatic piece of lana's songwriting-- obviously this guy had a HUGE impact on her-- and yes, i believe he most definitely really existed. her songs about K seem to be more personal than much of her other material. poor lana and poor K)

I agree. I believe K existed and the songs I believe are about him just makes my heart break for Lana

~INSTA1.gif

In Super Movie Lana says Billy doesn't want to do anything more than die. Ive always thought that it's impossible for Lana to have been with some many guys, specially when she talks about the same themes and her lovers seems exactly the same, K is obviously also someone else

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

The Blackest Day and Your Girl are about the same situation

"Carry me home, got my blue nail polish on"

"Carry me to my bed, paint my toe nails blue"

I knew it that both had relation! :defeated:

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593