06. Used

07. Nightbird

08. Hit Different

09. Shirt

10. I Hate U

11. Conceited

12. Low

13. Forgiveless

my hopes are pretty low (haven't been into any of the singles & from what i hear what i don't like about them– lack of gripping vocal melodies– carries out thru much of the album) but i am still interested to hear. really hard to follow up an album like CTRL and even if this album isn't my cup of tea i'm still here for her artistry. 

aOaIzH2.gif

Im looking forward to it but as soon as I heard that there were 23 tracks I lowered my expectations. Who needs to put that many songs on an album!??? There’s almost no way to pull that off without half of it being filler. 

4 minutes ago, domandapiano said:

Im looking forward to it but as soon as I heard that there were 23 tracks I lowered my expectations. Who needs to put that many songs on an album!??? There’s almost no way to pull that off without half of it being filler. 

It's kind of a hassle to listen to tbh...like i prefer to sit down and listen to new music while reading the lyrics alongside it to rlly absord it but it just becomes tiresome doing that for TWENTY THREE songs straight :rip:

Yeah, I kinda knew I would struggle getting through this album when she made I Hate U track 21. That song would have been a skip if it were Track 3, but you want me to sit through that song after I'm already *20* tracks deep? 

really bummed to say that i don’t enjoy this album much besides F2F, Kill Bill, Nobody Gets Me, Special, and the singles (besides I Hate U) :defeated: i loved Ctrl and Z because they sounded, and still sound, so different and fresh compared to her contemporaries. but i feel like anyone could’ve pulled off many of the tracks on SOS, it’s pretty cookie-cutter in my opinion. F2F SONG OF THE FUCKING YEAR THOUGH!! song of the fucking year, i was getting ready to turn the album off because i just wasn’t feeling it and then this track started. WHEW. and of course lizzo had a hand in writing it which is sick

i guess like another user pointed out, it kinda just feels more like a mixtape, like each song was made for fun in a few hours and then thrown together for the sake of releasing something rather than being carefully crafted and selected. except Good Days. she put her whole heart and soul into that one. i can’t believe you have to listen to the album for over an hour to get to that song

this is her last album?? :lange:

maybe shes lying! but in all seriousness its very apparent how nervous she feels and how much pressure shes under so i understand why she might say something like that.. i think shes fed up

Just now, jinsouldilf said:

this is her last album?? :lange:

maybe shes lying! but in all seriousness its very apparent how nervous she feels and how much pressure shes under so i understand why she might say something like that.. i think shes fed up

i can still see her releasing music but in the sporadic fashion she's been doing

and i can also see it as a potential opportunity for fans to create "their own content" if you get what i'm saying (leaks)

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Just now, lilac heaven said:

she’s threatened and vouched to quit music so many times, i think she means it right now but is gonna be lying in the long run. although i don’t think we’re getting another proper album again for another 5-10 years again :xgiggle: sza 3 coming 2031

i think she enjoys making music on her terms but isn't something she wants to do all the time - and she probably hates the industry with a burning passion

Just now, the ocean said:

i think she enjoys making music on her terms but isn't something she wants to do all the time - and she probably hates the industry with a burning passion

exactly, have you seen that recent interview she did? she seemed miserable, i felt bad for her. that’s why i think she means it when she says that she’s not releasing an album again right now, but it’s also clear she loves music and i can’t see dropping 1 song a year forever being artistically fulfilling so i think we’ll eventually end up getting another album but it’s just going to be a very very long time

Just now, lilac heaven said:

exactly, have you seen that recent interview she did? she seemed miserable, i felt bad for her. that’s why i think she means it when she says that she’s not releasing an album again right now, but it’s also clear she loves music and i can’t see dropping 1 song a year forever being artistically fulfilling so i think we’ll eventually end up getting another album but it’s just going to be a very very long time

the kate bush of r&b :true:

the people saying Special is Normal Girl sister like no that bitch aint even close 

1 hour ago, lilac heaven said:

she’s threatened and vouched to quit music so many times, i think she means it right now but is gonna be lying in the long run. although i don’t think we’re getting another proper album for another 5-10 years again :xgiggle: sza 3 coming 2031

she is really on her way to become fiona…

and also for giving me Margaret