Baby V Alex

Troye Sivan

6 minutes ago, genghis khan said:

it's not really a "scientific fact." all evolutionary psychology is basically speculation and is regularly contested

yes but the evolution theory for example is a theory with such a high probability of being likely that’s it’s considered a fact, so yeah.

i study psychology and this is one of first subjects we learn about. it’s not something that we’re proud of, but we are (very most likely) biologically programmed to prefer healthy portraying people opposed to unhealthy (like obese) people 

Just now, KillForLove said:

You keep using the term "woke" like there's any kind of real definition to that term. Even the people who histrionically whine about it can't actually define it. So I ask that you don't put words in my mouth.

I was saying that I interpreted Charli's tweet as a commentary that a small sect of people disingenuously bring up social issues to justify their simple displeasure. Again, you know saying "It wouldn't be better with an overweight person" is inflammatory and agitating, inviting (overweight) people to challenge you. If thats truly what you believe, that's your opinion that you are entitled to, but people are always going to react negatively to you. I guess im saying there's more nuanced, articulate ways of wording that which wont cause so much backlash.

Ugh, a moderator just shut down the discussion so I can't properly comment without getting a warning point. Sorry, maybe we can discuss in the Random Conversation Thread but moving there would be a hassle. 

I need songs similar to Rush of his though. 

Just now, Chorli Xbox said:

yes but the evolution theory for example is a theory with such a high probability of being likely that’s it’s considered a fact, so yeah.

i study psychology and this is one of first subjects we learn about. it’s not something that we’re proud of, but we are (very most likely) biologically programmed to prefer healthy portraying people appears to unhealthy (like obese) people 

*the theory of evolution* is considered a fact. evolutionary psychology isn't. 

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

7 minutes ago, honey dew said:

What I say is not personal either it's a frustration with culture, and I just want to say this as someone who was an ideologue not even 4 years ago that your whole world will change when u realise that safe spaces do not exist and that's the problem w "wokeness" is that it turns you into just a different variety of bigot, a black and white thinker, and you're made to feel like you only have allies and mortal enemies... politicians want you to feel like this because they get more votes if the middle ground is eroded and populations are divided into warring sides 🤷‍♂️ 

i know there’s no hard feelings and i don’t mean safe space in that way, it just doesn’t feel like this is a thread that i’ll find more positive feelings toward than negative especially now the whole “woke” conversation has started 

Just now, genghis khan said:

*the theory of evolution* is considered a fact. evolutionary psychology isn't. 

the exact thing i’m mentioning “affection towards healthy portraying people” is factional, lots of research so pls look it up 

1 minute ago, Strangelove said:

I need songs similar to Rush of his though. 

I agree, I hope the album sounds like it. He doesn't have anything as intense but Bloom has My My My, Lucky Strike, and Plum which are fairly "big" pop songs about having sex with dudes.

9 hours ago, Strangelove said:

That is an interesting way of telling me you think Nikocado Avocado is hot. 

There's people out there attracted to people who are fifty years old, amputees etc. Why is nobody complaining about no old people or physically disabled people in the video? It's the lunacy of the fat acceptance movement. If old people were in it for inclusiveness people would've complain about the weird age gap. Also just because someone is thin doesn't mean they are a twink or have abs. There are plenty of thin women who fit into neither category. 

It's been maybe six posts and nobody has sent me a photo of a conventionally attractive fat people. Let the posts speak for themselves, haha. 

Im not interested in him at all I- I’m also on mobile & though I’ve been here like 8 years I never learned to upload photos 

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

Love the song, love the video, love Troye. He takes his sweet time with new releases, but the wait is always worth it. This song almost feels like the love child of My My My and Stud to me.

Regarding the video, I'm just gonna say that I appreciate the representation and visibility Troye is giving us slutty twinks. 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

for some reason it feels like a song that was released in 2004 but feels modern at the same time? can't explain it 

a summer bop nonetheless 

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

I was in the mood for new music yesterday & saw ppl in a group chat talking about it, so I decided to listen to Rush and I'm OBSESSED. Played it like 40 times yesterday:oprah4:. Love the song & the video. It was the first Troye song I ever heard & I have no clue why I never listened to his music before. Definetly going to check out his albums. Listened to Bloom (song) & I loved it as well:oprah:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Probably going to end up in my top 5 songs of the year. Truly feels so cool as a gay guy to have a gay guy making pop music of this caliber and the visuals with the choreo are like so cool it really like "inspired" me to like make sure i went out this weekend and danced and just like had fun. Its a shame it seems like he had trouble getting Capitol to release this given how major  it is. Idk I've never been a Troye die-hard fan but like I truly can't get over how well done the song/video are, it gives me hope for pop music in the modern tiktok age

just going through recent last.fm scrobbles, the t-shirt preview and what other ppl have found this is what i’ve been able to partially decipher as a potential tracklist:

Spoiler

01. Rush

02. What’s the Time Where You Are

03. One of Your Girls

04. In My Room

05. Still Got It (assuming this is the one previewed in this TikTok based on the caption)

06. Can’t Go Back, Baby

08. Silly