Baby V Alex

Troye Sivan

9 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

I feel like although Troye should be commended for expressing himself too- him and others like Sam lack actual sex appeal and so whereas someone like Britney was able to combine innocence and sexuality to high affect- Troye just looks awkward on mute 

Troye blew Sam (Smith I assume) not only of the water, but into an entirely different universe.

I love everything about this. :true: I might even just buy the album just for the cover art (his music is also reliably good though). :true:

Trying to make straight people happy has never done anything good for our community. It just makes us repress ourselves and puts us all in the closet a little more. It reduces representation of our community in everyday life. And they just try to erase us even more. 

Why are the straights the only ones allowed to have sexually charged music videos? It’s rare that we ever get that. Now we finally have it, and y’all are complaining? We constantly have straight sexuality shoved in our faces. The straights can deal with the reverse (even though they can totally avoid watching this altogether). Some of y’all need to go to therapy for internalized homophobia. I’m going to celebrate and enjoy this win for our community. Thank you, Troye!

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

ANYWAYS!  :xgiggle: 

most of the album was made with leland and oscar gorres, so it looks like we're getting in a dream: roman reloaded - the re-up! plus ag cook produced the closing track, which i'm intrigued by

4 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

i mean if you think i got something wrong you could just explain it to me and we can keep the discussion going babe!

yes i’ll try to explain my point of view

straight people don’t need/have representation because they’re the majority/norm of society. 

queer people do because of the obvious. so i’m not saying troye shouldn’t be allowed to make this mv but as someone that did look up to him when i was younger, this does feel disappointing that, yet again, our image is the typical sex and drugs obsessed non monogamous kinky image (thats why i mentioned pride). i’m not saying those things are bad by any means, but this clip just combines all the grindr things it can and it made me personally, uncomfortable 

again english is not my native language so i can’t explain it better than i am doing now 

17 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

I feel like although Troye should be commended for expressing himself too- him and others like Sam lack actual sex appeal and so whereas someone like Britney was able to combine innocence and sexuality to high affect- Troye just looks awkward on mute 

k but in no way was troye trying too hard or being overtly sexual. i think he looks natural and fluid, unlike sam for example who is extra and trying to be edgy. don’t know why you brought britney into this when girlie was sexualized as a teenager; that’s where the “innocence” comes in :biblio:

3 minutes ago, Chorli Xbox said:

straight people don’t need/have representation because they’re the majority/norm of society. 

queer people do because of the obvious. so i’m not saying troye shouldn’t be allowed to make this mv but as someone that did look up to him when i was younger, this does feel disappointing that, yet again, our image is the typical sex and drugs obsessed non monogamous kinky image (thats why i mentioned pride). i’m not saying those things are bad by any means, but this clip just combines all the grindr things it can and it made me personally, uncomfortable 

again english is not my native language so i can’t explain it better than i am doing now 

i don’t think it’s that deep because this music video probably won’t even reach the conservative audience and make a bad name for the lgbt community. sam went from a straight presenting ballad singer to where he is now which is why his recent stuff creates such a buzz. meanwhile, troye has always made explicitly gay music videos - i doubt he’s on conservative people’s radars. this song will mostly reach people already in his fanbase if not the general stan twitter community. 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

2 minutes ago, Chorli Xbox said:

yeah that's why i'm saying it's unfair cause every little thing queer people do is seen as a "representation" of us and i'm sick of it

i really get your point of view and i respect it i just think we shouldn't see it as a take on the whole community

3 minutes ago, cherrytropico said:

k but in no way was troye trying too hard or being overtly sexual. i think he looks natural and fluid, unlike sam for example who is extra and trying to be edgy. don’t know why you brought britney into this when girlie was sexualized as a teenager; that’s where the “innocence” comes in :biblio:

i don’t think it’s that deep because this music video probably won’t even reach the conservative audience and make a bad name for the lgbt community. sam went from a straight presenting ballad singer to where he is now which is why his recent stuff creates such a buzz. meanwhile, troye has always made explicitly gay music videos - i doubt he’s on conservative people’s radars. this song will mostly reach people already in his fanbase if not the general stan twitter community. 

Sam Smith is the definition of to do sex wrong. I don't disagree there. He can take notes from Troye. 

3 minutes ago, cherrytropico said:

its not only conservative people, its the general perception including young and closeted queer people. idk about other country’s but downloading grindr when you’re 16 and queer is pretty much “part of being queer” here and if you don’t, people alienate you which is sad imo

3 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

yeah that's why i'm saying it's unfair cause every little thing queer people do is seen as a "representation" of us and i'm sick of it

i really get your point of view and i respect it i just think we shouldn't see it as a take on the whole community

i also truly get your point! and i agree with that last part 

last thing i wanna say is that this exact video with straight people would’ve made me uncomfortable too, and i just feel weird bc he’s the same person that made blue neighbourhood 

Sam Smith you better take notes

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

6 minutes ago, Chorli Xbox said:

its not only conservative people, its the general perception including young and closeted queer people. idk about other country’s but downloading grindr when you’re 16 and queer is pretty much “part of being queer” here and if you don’t, people alienate you which is sad imo

it's unfortunately a part of growing up as a queer not because we're so sick obsessed over being sexual but for many ppl having dating apps is the only option of meeting queer ppl as they don't feel comfortable/safe enough or don't even have possibilities to meet them irl

like i agree it fucks up our brains and people become sex obsessed or end up having body issues bc of it but at the same time can't really blame them if it often is the only option for them to explore their sexuality, i just think these apps should be way better moderated and have actual age verification 

but once again it's not really queer culture's fault we often can't safely grow up without being exposed to that kind of apps

22 minutes ago, cherrytropico said:

you’re thinking too much to what I actually meant-she always had a youthful “angelic” anime look even during ITZ which is why she was doing ads in Japan. She was very sexy during this era in her 20s but compared to Christina did not have the same mature boss bitch vibe.

Troye  has the same vibe not a “mature look” yet his movements are just not fluid or sexy at all. The video comes across as forced to me but again if he’s made it he was happy to release it.