Baby V Alex

Troye Sivan

8 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

The video is hot & fun, it’s Really not that deep. Troye doesn’t have to be a picture perfect representation of an entire community just cause he’s gay lmao, why should he have that responsibility? Do y’all put that same type of responsibility on any other artist that’s singing about sex and partying?  

This whole thing might read as QFTC but same goes for the whole “it’s only skinny people in the video” argument- I get where people are coming from and see their point but if you’re gonna start calling out Troye for this then where’s that same energy for literally any other mainstream artist out there. And that’s not me getting into “whataboutism”, I just think it’s weird people specifically choose this Troye video to call that out, cause I never see the same about the dancers in other pop stars’ videos lol. I guess all this mostly comes from gay people wanting to be represented and being upset that one of the few people that can represent them in media doesn’t, but again it’s not his responsibility to represent your experience.

qfrWuBl.png

3 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

This whole thing might read as QFTC but same goes for the whole “it’s only skinny people in the video” argument- I get where people are coming from and see their point but if you’re gonna start calling out Troye for this then where’s that same energy for literally any other mainstream artist out there. And that’s not me getting into “whataboutism”, I just think it’s weird people specifically choose this Troye video to call that out, cause I never see the same about the dancers in other pop stars’ videos lol. I guess all this mostly comes from gay people wanting to be represented and being upset that one of the few people that can represent them in media doesn’t, but again it’s not his responsibility to represent your experience.

wait are people actually pointing that out? I've just watched the video again and see nothing's wrong with it. I saw different kinds of people, skin colors, etc. tho

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

3 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

People are literally never happy. It feels like you can’t do anything good without a shitload of criticism because it doesn’t do every single thing everyone wants. If I was a gay artist rn, I’d 100% just say fuck it and do what I want because you’ll never please everyone. Better to at least please yourself. 

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

4 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

wait are people actually pointing that out? I've just watched the video again and see nothing's wrong with it. I saw different kinds of people, skin colors, etc.

mostly that almost everyone is skinny, fit and with abs

(i don’t have an opinion on this tho)

well, all things aside, i want another psychedelic-outerspace-primal-galactic hypno-electropop serve like this masterpiece. This is literally the best thing Troye ever created.

Imagine this with some wild hot sexy visual :lange:

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

5 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

you mean the one in the intro? she's not really big 

Not sure- but like quarter way through- she wouldn’t be classified as obese but definitely “seems” plus size. I think he diversified in the video alright.

ummmm the vibe of this thread is NOT it.  what is exactly the difference from this video to any straight rapper music video or raggaeton artist? there’s tons of music videos of straight men at parties surrounded by half naked girls. but now all of a sudden troye is offensive and a bad representation for the community…… who cares? he’s giving us a fun faggot bop for us to have fun in the summertime

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

Just now, SoftwareUpgrade said:

Thought it was a different guy, camera panned to the right past others, then stopped at him sitting, right?

he looks  just like troye

24 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

ummmm the vibe of this thread is NOT it.  what is exactly the difference from this video to any straight rapper music video or raggaeton artist? there’s tons of music videos of straight men at parties surrounded by half naked girls. but now all of a sudden troye is offensive and a bad representation for the community…… who cares? he’s giving us a fun faggot bop for us to have fun in the summertime

well i didnt think it's a bad representation or "offensive" - what i said that it irks me that it "slightly" promotes these kinds of sex-crazed lifestyles as a "must-have" for any queer people - which is not okay either i's queer or straight. And yes, tho I never support "rappers" or reggaeton artists who sexualize woman as sex objects for their visuals, I do believe that for ages, no one's making any noise when it comes to them, which has become a "norm" in that culture... So i wont call Rush MV "offensive" (it's not that deep, just my thought about how the MV can go both ways and how it reflects on queer people in general X) i still enjoy the MV - it's aesthetically pleasing and summer and sweaty, giving britney bitch imma slave 4 u cunty. 

2 hours ago, Strangelove said:

You're saying you rather see a literal sex tape than a music video? :ohsnap2:

No it’s just that the video feels more like it relies on shock value than celebration.

1 minute ago, SalvaWHORE said:

well i didnt think it's a bad representation or "offensive" - what i said that it irks me that it "slightly" promotes these kinds of sex-crazed lifestyles as a "must-have" for any queer people - which is not okay either i's queer or straight. And yes, tho I never support "rappers" or reggaeton artists sexualized woman as sex objects for their visuals, I do believe that for ages, no one's making any noise when it comes to them. So i don't use the word "offensive", i still enjoy the MV - it's aesthetically pleasing and summer and sweaty, giving britney bitch imma slave 4 u cunty. 

YOU GET IT SALVATORE ILYYYYYYY

2 hours ago, Strangelove said:

You're saying you rather see a literal sex tape than a music video? :ohsnap2:

Honestly, ya, I would. I'm sure more ppl watch p*rn than music videos in this day and age lol 

3 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

well i didnt think it's a bad representation or "offensive" - what i said that it irks me that it "slightly" promotes these kinds of sex-crazed lifestyles as a "must-have" for any queer people - which is not okay either i's queer or straight. And yes, tho I never support "rappers" or reggaeton artists sexualized woman as sex objects for their visuals, I do believe that for ages, no one's making any noise when it comes to them. So i wont call it "offensive" (it's not that deep, just my thought X) i still enjoy the MV - it's aesthetically pleasing and summer and sweaty, giving britney bitch imma slave 4 u cunty. 

I totally agree. You can celebrate your queerness, and be proud of your sexuality, without constantly having to be sexual (or sexualized). It's not offensive, but like so much of our modern media, it confuses identity liberation with sexual prowess--which not every one needs to equate. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

I honestly don’t mind the MV, Troye is really giving what his target audience wants. The only thing that « bothers » me a little is that every guy in this MV has a picture-perfect body and that it’s not very « diverse ». But then again, did it have to? 

Just now, SalvaWHORE said:

well i didnt think it's a bad representation or "offensive" - what i said that it irks me that it "slightly" promotes these kinds of sex-crazed lifestyles as a "must-have" for any queer people - which is not okay either i's queer or straight. And yes, tho I never support "rappers" or reggaeton artists sexualized woman as sex objects for their visuals, I do believe that for ages, no one's making any noise when it comes to them. So i don't use the word "offensive", i still enjoy the MV - it's aesthetically pleasing and summer and sweaty, giving britney bitch imma slave 4 u cunty. 

wasn’t really referring to you but mostly responding based on a couple of takes i read in here.

i don’t think he was trying to promote anything, tbh. although we can easily admit that what is seen in the music video is like the 90% of the experiences a lot of gay men go through, i just see the video as a silly little video any other straight artist would’ve made. mind you, i never experienced anything that’s portrayed in the mv and i just didn’t take it that seriously. it’s for the vibes 

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

1 minute ago, Nightmare said:

wasn’t really referring to you but mostly responding based on a couple of takes i read in here.

i don’t think he was trying to promote anything, tbh. although we can easily admit that what is seen in the music video is like the 90% of the experiences a lot of gay men go through, i just see the video as a silly little video any other straight artist would’ve made. mind you, i never experienced anything that’s portrayed in the mv and i just didn’t take it that seriously. it’s for the vibes 

yeah no it’s not lol