Baby V Alex

Troye Sivan

He looks like my ex so I’m trying really hard to enjoy the (very very good) music and not let that fact ruin it for me :crying2:

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

i know i’m probably gonna get blasted for this but am i the only one that misses the blue neighbourhood troye?

the video feels very cheap and uncomfortably hyper sexual to me (the multiple ass and thong shots etc). and yes, also everyone is super skinny and fit… maybe i’m just not used to it or maybe im just internally pissed that the grindr hookup culture, sexual things like jock straps and asking for someone’s nude twitter on first sight are our representation now these days idk

pls someone understand me i’m not trying to start anything :bebe:

1 hour ago, Chorli Xbox said:

i know i’m probably gonna get blasted for this but am i the only one that misses the blue neighbourhood troye?

the video feels very cheap and uncomfortably hyper sexual to me (the multiple ass and thong shots etc). and yes, also everyone is super skinny and fit… maybe i’m just not used to it or maybe im just internally pissed that the grindr hookup culture, sexual things like jock straps and asking for someone’s nude twitter on first sight are our representation now these days idk

THIS! I totally understand what you mean and I completely agree. I am all for sexual liberation and feeling young, free, horny and wild but like the whole video is about some hot people doing drugs,disgustingly making out, pissing, drinking, almost vomiting in the camera with booze and always showing off their bodies in such an overtly extreme sexual way that it becomes a total turn-off. I love Troye and the song is a total BOP but the video... if you love and glorify that kind of lifestyle then good for you, enjoy and have fun, but I find it icky, personally. I felt myself very uncomfortable watching that video, it's not the image of the community and the kind of representation that I'd love to see. But good for Troye for having fun, I guess, being in his total slut era

1 hour ago, Chorli Xbox said:

I completely see your point and I agree 100% with you.

Disclaimer: This is a bit of a rant, but is my point of view, please don't crucify me, and if you do, take into account that this is my personal opinion only, you have the absolute right to disagree with me and educate me if there's something missing that I'm not seeing:

Stunts like this is what gives society reasons to think that our queer community is full of sex obsessed nymphos, 'perverts' and 'degenerates', as they call us. I'm aware people like Sam or Troye are trying to come across as edgy trailblazers of sexual liberation. But in the long run, with the mindset of today's world, it causes more damage to our image and proves their point. It personally hurts me, a little. I don't want to be seen as some 'sex freak' just for being queer.

But to be fair, at the end of the day, with the mediocre vocal ability and limited musical talent of Troye, this is the only route to go next commercially. Giving people something to talk about, what's a lil' controversy to stay relevant, huh? Sex sells, and helps to disguise our lack of skills, anyway.

Even if I'm aware that his voice is average at best, I used to LOVE Troye's music. I was such a stan, even during the 'Bloom' era (that some people tend to shade). And I'm sure he'll give us bops, but the hypersexualization of his image is such a turn off for me. At least during the 'Blue Neighbourhood' era he had a vision, a concept, something interesting with a little bit of depth to bring to the table.

yes! it's called RUSH because of POPPERS get it? hahaha i like doing DRUGS and having SEX!! it's also generic club fodder bc we the white gayz love to par-tee! hahaha i love poppers and pop music slay down the house xcx boots gay rights!!