Sitar

VIDEO PREMIERE: Ultraviolence

it's just a 15 second snippet

you're all complaining "Low budget, low budget" Get over yourselves

Damn it's just a fucking teaser, and we're already shooting the video down. Fuck, at least wait for the actual video to give a full on opinion. For all we know it could switch in between HD & home video quality.. The negativity is appalling.  :lanahairflip3:

I don't get why everyone is complaining tbh its only the teaser.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

I'm not bashing low quality vids, but it looks like it was literally shot on an iPhone (wheras Summertime Sadness wasn't).

She could have co-directed it with a big director and get the same message/storyline out in a better looking video...

The fact that the preview on Noisey's YouTube (the intro of the song) and the preview on Instagram (the bridge) look exactly the same with no progress to me just says that this video is going to be awful. Looks like she stole a wedding dress and broke into a chapel to film it or something... Morello from OITNB teas

You guys really need to simmer the hell down sometimes.

It's a preview and the aesthetic could be perfect for the video's plot. And when did we start expecting Lana to be conventional with glossy, commercial videos? I, for one, love how continually innovative she is with each new video.

Commercial no but BTD, BJ, Ride were really stunning videos, without 8mm effects..

Her videos have lacked something this era si far, imo, but that's personal and it's no secret I'm a BTD era fan.. However like I said I'm really looking forward to this !

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

tumblr_n9g1scg5Z11qkkf9yo1_1280.jpg

this color / texture would have been perfect. burgundy / brown / blood ~ with the same camera that filmed national anthem (in slight grain and high definition). but no, bitch goes and uses a fucking iPhone application 

i realize that these are all minor details i'm nit-picking but her visual work has always been equally important as the music from my perspective. lana is a VISUAL artist. this is the woman that searched the depths of youtube for some of the most beautiful (personal) footage i've ever seen; art house compositions inadvertently or haphazardly shot by someone's grandparents in their prime? i'm not sure of all her sources, but the point is -- she has a fantastic eye for detail. she played with palette and lighting effects on iMovie to get the proper 'look' for each and every homemade video she pieced together; i'm talking multiple split-second intervals within a 4 to 5 minute song. i don't see why she's suddenly being lazy (or at least putting out work that visually manifests as such) when she has so many resources at her disposal now. she said herself that she's running out of ideas for videos, and i can see it. since ride, i've been disappointed -- it feels like something's been missing

i actually like the concept of this video; but to me, it isn't beautiful. i feel like she's writing her ideas down on paper instead of making her mood boards or something 

ZRBNill.jpg

I like the concept of Lana wearing a wedding dress in some kind of noir movie. It give us that Virgin Suicides look that we all love ( or at least I do). However I'm really concerned the video is all about Lana in a wedding dress doing gifable things and looking sad. Based on the previews there is anything really besides this.

Also a lot of people here still didn't get that Lana is no longer interested in being a pop star ( or at least to be considered one).
For me UV sounds more a natural progression from Aka, it's like BtD and this "Gangster Nancy Sinatra" sound never happened to her.  So it makes sense she's doing this video herself since she's always talking about how things were simpler and this exactly the image she's building this era- no longer the 50's beauty queen, casual looks in her videos and promotional images etc.

I like the concept of Lana wearing a wedding dress in some kind of noir movie. It give us that Virgins Suicide look that we all love ( or at least I do). However I'm really concerned the video is all about Lana in a wedding dress doing gifable things and looking sad. Based on the previews there is anything really besides this.

Also a lot of people here still didn't get that Lana is no longer interested in being a pop star ( or at least to be considered one).

For me UV sounds more a natural progression from Aka, it's like BtD and this "Gangster Nancy Sinatra" sound never happened to her. So it makes sense she's doing this video herself since she's always talking about how things were simpler and this exactly the image she's building this era- no longer the 50's beauty queen, casual looks in her videos and promotional images etc.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who noticed the Virgin Suicides allusions.

While I love the aesthetic, I agree that I do hope there is more to the video in terms of variety of shots and locations.

For me UV sounds more a natural progression from Aka, it's like BtD and this "Gangster Nancy Sinatra" sound never happened to her.  So it makes sense she's doing this video herself since she's always talking about how things were simpler and this exactly the image she's building this era- no longer the 50's beauty queen, casual looks in her videos and promotional images etc.

OMG she's gonna disappear completely :xcry:

How will we get music if Interscope drops ha? :defeated:

Will an indie label sign her? :pray2:

OMG she's gonna disappear completely :xcry:

How will we get music if Interscope drops ha? :defeated:

Will an indie label sign her? :pray2:

Maybe she will finally release the music she fully wants. I think UV is still mild tea for her. I dont think you can get full artistic freedom on label like Interscope. They dont seemt to support her much this era. They wanted  to change even Black Beauty = wtf ? 

And btw everyone, I wasn't saying you shouldn't have an opinion, because you should and you can share it however you want, but it's annoying how everyone bashes it by just a trailer or a small, short teaser. At least wait for the video to be out... 

Also, you do realize that not every video she does can have a big $500,000 budget or whatever? Eventually, we're all gonna ask, "What's next? She must out-do Summertime Sadness or Born To Die..."  :facepalm:  :die:

tumblr_mmtpxe9hDJ1qjdybto5_500.jpg

She has just released a great album, praised by most media. Yes, it has no "radio hits" so it won't sell as much as Miley etc. But it's a classic. BTD, Paradise, UV and all the unreleased songs makes her one of a kind in pop today. But still " fans" always demand something better. Seriously, I would be fine if Interscope dropped her. The most important thing is if she still loves to write new music. Then there will always be new great songs. Financially there will always be people willing to support her. Just continue to work with Rick Nowels. Dan Heath etc are no songwriters, but great in other ways. Or maybe find some new partners.