Hellion

Rihanna

I don't know, it sounds really passionate and heartfelt to me. The roughness & desperation in her voice lends to the late-night drunken vibes. It perfectly complements the instrumental drowsily slurring in the background. Loves it.

I agree with this. I swear I physically felt her emotion hearing this song. Very powerful in my opinion.

H0bDaqU.gif

A lot of people are doubting with how involved she was with the writing process but I think she was very involved with it. At least with the last four songs on the standard edition I feel like they're really personal to Rihanna just by how she delivers them vocally so I think she was majority involved with the writing process on those songs.

She co-wrote every song on the standard bar the Tame Impala cover and that alone is something she's never done before. Yeah, that could mean a line or two is her's in some of the songs but I do actually think she had a lot of contribution towards the album personally

literally just rephrasing Intriguing Penguin's point tbh :toofunny:

Reports say RIAA already certified the album platinum since Samsung bought a million copies in an advanced and it's been streamed over 14 million times via Tidal.

it was indeed RIAA certified platinum, they tweeted it out, this could be her first her 2x platinum record :rip:

BzhmW.png

Excellent songs:

Consideration (10)

Kiss It Better (10)

Desperado (10)

Woo (10)

Needed Me (10)

Love On the Brain (10)

Higher (9)

Good:

James Joint (8)

Yeah, I Said It (7)

Same Ol' Mistakes (7)

Never Ending (8)

Close to You (8)

Goodnight Gotham (7)

Sex With Me (7)

Bad:

Work (1)

Pose (3)

This is a wild record. It's literally the anti of what everyone was expecting. I mean, I read a lot of fans thought it would be full of R&B bangers, but it isn't like that. Some thought it would be ballad-heavy, but there's only three ballads. Others thought it was acoustic, and there's only one stripped-back song. Personally, I was expecting a sad, minimalistic, chill-out, ~vibe~ record ("Loveeeeeee Song", "We All Want Love", "What's My Name", etc.) but it turned out to be a wild and explosive album.

The good things about Anti is that the lyrics are great, production is top notch ("Desperado" is an experience), melodies are amazing (they're kind of difficult to follow though - you don't know if that's a chorus or a different verse, but it's not a problem), it has the attitude and it's very cohesive in many ways. But I think the bad things about it is that some songs are criminally short (when "Never Ending" was about to, well... end, I was like "oh shit, something incredible is about to happen", but it just didn't). Also, "James Joint" as the second track, "Same Ol' Mistakes" being not a cover but a karaoke and the entire existence of "Goodnight Gotham" are just pointless. The fact that there is a deluxe edition is pointless too. GG should've been the standard's intro, "Pose" is horrible and "Sex With Me" would be a cute unreleased.

So, Anti is an amazing record - vocals, lyrics, production, attitude, color. Is it worth the wait? Yes. Is it worth the pain and suffering? No. She made an incredible album full of 10/10 songs, and it's an improvement as an artist, but she didn't blessed us with a Beyoncé. I don't mean "no, it wasn't worth the pain at fucking all," but it just wasn't really worth it. If we ignore that, yes, it's worth the 3 years wait, because it's not like she's been working on it for over 5 years.

It's a strong 8.

'Consideration' is the only song I really like.

'Kiss it better' & 'Love on the brain' are okay. The rest is not worth a 2nd listening.

Nonetheless, I look forward to seeing her live this summer ...

There's apparently a "Gold edition" ? with five extra tracks

17. Nothings Promised

18. Bulletproof

19. Save It Up

20. Spliff

21. Gotta Have You Right

probably fake but they said they got the info from tidal idk

9ISvyf0.gif

17. Nothings Promised

18. Bulletproof

19. Save It Up

20. Spliff

21. Gotta Have You Right

omg I'll cry don't get my hopes up. where did you find this info?

H0bDaqU.gif

17. Nothings Promised

18. Bulletproof

19. Save It Up

20. Spliff

21. Gotta Have You Right

No I think it's real! I don't have the receipts on me but I have seen them, one of her producers tweeted saying that we were getting "Nothings Promised" soon and everyone is just assuming there's a super deluxe version

FzytWEW.png

there was a post on tumblr but i can't find it now?? :toofunny:

it was a screenshot of a rihanna tweet saying something like "there's gold at the end of this"

and then a screenshot of "ANTI (Gold Edition)" on tidal with 21 tracks

and a screenshot of the 17-21 tracks

Edit: here are the screenshots

tumblr_o1qsk8qree1qdedxoo2_500.png

tumblr_o1qsk8qree1qdedxoo3_500.png

a tag in the post said "there's also track 21 called Gotta Have You Right"

9ISvyf0.gif