Hellion

Rihanna

4 minutes ago, Mer said:

But Apple doesn't necessarily gain anything from Rihanna's new album the way they would on their investment (~$50 million) in the Halftime Show. Unless Rihanna's 9th album is going to be an Apple Music Exclusive (which I doubt she, a billionaire, would ever agree to), the viewership for her Halftime Show was more important to Apple to promote than a new album/single--in terms of ROI. 

If I oversaw a marketing expenditure of $50 million for something, I'd want to make sure it was successful as possible as well--regardless of Rihanna's plans. 

well, i guess time will tell! but the thing that really confuses me is that apple music did change the description of her essentials playlist to explicitly say "a new single" and then quickly changed it back when the halftime show was over and no new single in sight. i really think something was definitely coming but it was either postponed or canceled. :um2: they could be trolling tho but that would be very unprofessional of them

16 minutes ago, CoochieSwirlC said:

Y’all should be the last ones critiquing a Rihanna performance :bye:

this is true lmao

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

59 minutes ago, CoochieSwirlC said:

Y’all should be the last ones critiquing a Rihanna performance :bye:

Not really- she’s always this bad at performing- I’d say her and Lana were about equal in dancing but Lana has more consistent vocals- Rihanna lips too much.

Like don’t get me wrong-unique voice and she can sound great sometimes live but where has this retcon come from that’s she a great live performer?

7 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

I’d say her and Lana were about equal in dancing

no fucking way lmao you might not think rihanna is the best at dancing but no way she's equal to lana, like impossible lmao 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

1 minute ago, evalionisameme said:

She got no rhythm-

im exaggerating but both are bad

nah impossible to compare the 2 lana can't even do what rihanna is doing in the first video lmfao and it's not a shame at all to her because lana is a singer-songwriter but it's just not realistic what you're trying to say here

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

What do people think a Rihanna album would have sounded like if it came out in like 2020?

She would definitely have had some of the biggest songs of around that time instead, probably like 7 Rings by Ariana Grande and I Like It by Cardi B or Sunflower by Post Malone would have been her instead. Some SZA and Summer Walker type songs, maybe Lizzo and then some hip-hop influenced stuff probably a song or two that were on Astroworld by Travis Scott or Beautiful Thugger Girls by  Young Thug I could imagine and like Zeze by Kodak Black.

Weird to think theres probably songs out there that would be seen as completely different and maybe even more popular than they were if Rihanna had been looking to release an album back then as I think Rihanna was more of a curator of songs that came from a lot of other people that she then released compared to her creating her own songs. So the songs she would have released probably actually exist just never made their way to her.

I’m happy for her being pregnant and happy to see her performing again even if I was underwhelmed. But it all just made me realize how much I just miss her music and eras. I really miss the late 2000s and early 2010s pop music scene altogether. Pop music just isn’t as fun anymore. 

Both Rihanna and Britney were such big staples in my music library, pretty much being the soundtrack to my life growing up, and now neither of them have released an album or had an era since 2016. They both knew how to put out hit after hit of super fun danceable bangers while being confident in themselves and their sexuality and having an effortless swagger about them. Both of them fading out of the music industry at the same time has left a huge void for me that just hasn’t been filled since. 

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

I know she’s pregnant but the halftime was…..very low key.

Cool megamix of hits though.

3 hours ago, Urbanney said:

I’m happy for her being pregnant and happy to see her performing again even if I was underwhelmed. But it all just made me realize how much I just miss her music and eras. I really miss the late 2000s and early 2010s pop music scene altogether. Pop music just isn’t as fun anymore. 

Both Rihanna and Britney were such big staples in my music library, pretty much being the soundtrack to my life growing up, and now neither of them have released an album or had an era since 2016. They both knew how to put out hit after hit of super fun danceable bangers while being confident in themselves and their sexuality and having an effortless swagger about them. Both of them fading out of the music industry at the same time has left a huge void for me that just hasn’t been filled since. 

I miss Britney all over radio so much, i just love her, such a staple pop act. I know she’s not in the right headspace and may never be when it comes to her career, but if she’s shows up again music wise I’ll be genuinely so happy.

On 9/26/2023 at 4:05 PM, CoochieSwirlC said:

I’m completely bored with every other pop artist.. When the hell is she releasing her album? :eartha2:

At this point... when Fenty Beauty will flop and she's got nothing else to promote

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900