CruelWorld

Lana Featured on New Emile Haynie Song "Wait For Life" - Out January 20th

After giving it a proper listen (had it on repeat for like an hour last night :toofunny: ) I realized this is a step back for Emile. I fell in love with Falling Apart, and along with A Kiss Goodbye it was an indicator of growth in his style so I had high hopes for W84L. But it's like he's got a formula for Lana and he's not quitting it any time soon: the same beat, strings, chords and the omnipresent loon he overused in BTD... I love the Hawaiian intro and the bridge, but the rest of the song is just okay.

But hey we've been critizing a lot lately, let's put that aside and simply sway to the music like Lana taught us :twirls:

I agree and disagree in some parts but this is 10000000000x better than UV. I'm sorry :read:

image.png

I died when I heard the loon. I started liking it ironically but now I like it unironically. Ah, the majestic loon. If Emile Haynie produces a song and there's no loon on it, does it really exist?

Lana's dying animal noises at the bridge got me in a bad way, but I like the verses. Maybe that's what she thinks jazz singers sing like, since she does the same thing for Million Dollar Man live. It's less bad here, though, so maybe I'll get used to it. The chorus is underwhelming, but maybe it's a grower. I used to dislike Blue Jeans, so...

In any case, I'm glad we have this. A little gift for Emile Haynie fans here. Now deliver on Last Song and Riverside and we'll be home free, Lana.  :hooker:

I died when I heard the loon. I started liking it ironically but now I like it unironically. Ah, the majestic loon. If Emile Haynie produces a song and there's no loon on it, does it really exist?

Lana's dying animal noises at the bridge got me in a bad way, but I like the verses. Maybe that's what she thinks jazz singers sing like, since she does the same thing for Million Dollar Man live. It's less bad here, though, so maybe I'll get used to it. The chorus is underwhelming, but maybe it's a grower. I used to dislike Blue Jeans, so...

In any case, I'm glad we have this. A little gift for Emile Haynie fans here. Now deliver on Last Song and Riverside and we'll be home free, Lana.  :hooker:

Lana does the high wails very well on many occasions, particularly the best performances of MDM in New Orleans and in Paris when she sounds like a genuine jazz singer. I love the ones that sound like the end of the Off to the Races or Cola as well...she does that quite frequently. 

It doesn't do anything for me.. :(

Everyone knows how much I love the loon, but it just sounds thrown-in to me. The song doesn't sound nearly as exciting, dramatic, or emotional as most other songs from BTD. Emile and Lana can both do better. Maybe I will grow to like it more, but it just feels bland.

14417469274.gif

Things I like about this song:

• The clear vocals! Bless! It's so nice to hear Lana's voice without all the reverberation.
  • The typical melancholy tone. So beautiful.
  • The "animal noises" as you guys like the call them. Lana's vocal range is extremely impressive.
  • That Hawaiian-esque introduction with the strings and Lana's humming is beautifulSlaying me each time I listen.

Things I do not like about this song:

• It seems a bit recycled (a la loon and basic Emile production) but I think it's gorgeous nonetheless.
  • The lack of power in the chorus beside the lonely line. I feel like Lana doesn't exactly sounds as desperate as the lyrics describe (I wait for life to win but it never comes around... doesn't sound very convincing in the tone she sings.)

It's wonderful and a huge grower. When I first heard it, I feel like her vocals were kinda bad honestly. Second verse esp...It's like there's no melody and she's forcing it out.

Now, my ears are "used to it" it sounds way better now...nothing wrong at all with the production just her vocal delivery is weird in places. 

I actually really love the chorus because it reminds me of the effortless ness of BTD. Vocal delivery on that album is just effortless. On UV..her vocals sound forced and this too.

Also i wish there's a beat but there's none. I want a beat like in a Kiss Goodbye. This song is "ROCKish" once again.

This is kinda off topic: Beated Brooklyn Baby slays so hard..I really wish Lana would go back to hip hop..Her songs are ten times better with a beat imo.

https://soundcloud.com/sbvce/lana-del-ray-brooklyn-baby-sad-girl-trap-sbc-remix-super-new

Anyway, I remember Emile posted a picture of a woman with like pink haze surrounding her on instagram.

Where is it now? It's a video for Falling Apart or Something else?

It is video for FA but I guess it's not done yet.

Let's pray for Wait for life to get a video :pray:

+I'm thinking that there should be deluxe version of album because I can't see that Falling apart instrumental on tracklist...

It would be great to get one more song on deluxe but I guess it's not gonna happen... :defeated:

tumblr_p0v8ex4Llk1raxa8qo1_540.jpg

Birdbrain = blown.

A bad sample, repeated often with unwarranted glee.

Just listened to it for the first time. It's nice, but doesn't really stand out to me. It sounds like a song that was recorded for BTD, but was ultimately shelved. Like it didn't quite make the cut for the bonus tracks. I feel pretty indifferent to it right now and don't really see it as a song I would listen to often. Maybe it will grow on me? Who knows.

spacesigh.jpg

Also i wish there's a beat but there's none. I want a beat like in a Kiss Goodbye. This song is "ROCKish" once again.

This is kinda off topic: Beated Brooklyn Baby slays so hard..I really wish Lana would go back to hip hop..Her songs are ten times better with a beat imo.

i was really excited to hear that emile produced a new song with lana but when it was officially released and i listened to it on my computer with my headphones on i couldn't help but feel underwhelmed by it however the moment i blasted it in my car it definitely grew on me and the next thing i knew it i couldn't stop listening to it which is something that doesn't happen with uv for me and just reaffirms my love for lana's and emile's work together although for this song i was anticipating the climaxing beat or bass to kick in during the chorus but there is none i miss gangsta nancy sinatra lol

Just a few days later and I have zero desire to listen to it. The intro is still great, but everything else is just forgetable.

That's interesting, it's the opposite for me. In the first few days I only listened to it 3-4 times a day because I wanted to avoid overplaying it early on. But now I don't want to listen to anything but this. On a loop. Over and over :bliss: