Spac3gypsy

Lana & Gaga : The Jazz Era

Does anyone else find it very interesting that Lana and Lady Gaga are going through a Jazz influence at the exact same time?

I feel like it may have to do with something Lana once said in an interview about them being led under the same guidance. I feel like they still have the same person telling them what to do. Maybe I'm crazy...but then again...

:lmao:

yes. There's a dude behind the scenes pulling the ropes , making Lana and Jazzy Gaga move around and write songs.

Nothing to do with Jazz being a trend for almost 4 years now or Gaga being, prior her pop days, a jazz influenced artist. Nothing to do with that, it's for certain someone pulling the ropes

glgcDdT.gif

I was thinking about them today. Like, remember when she posted the Chelsea Hotel video on Gaga's birthday? It seems like that song means a lot for Lana, maybe it reminds her of her "friendship" with Stefani. I don't want to compare Leonard's songwriting skills with Lana's, but, there are so many similarities between CHNo2 and So Legit. The melancholy about New York ("And those were the reasons, and that was New York" / "What happened to Brooklyn? What happened to New York?"), both were left by celebrities ("While the limousines wait in the streets [...] You got away, didn't you baby? You just turned your back on the crowd" / "How the fuck would you switch it up and then replace me?") and both feel less than them ("You told me again you preferred handsome men" / "Tell me was it 'cause I wasn't platinum and jewels?

That perhaps you thought I was a little bit even uncool"). This may be kind of fetched, but everything is possible in Lana's world.

P.S.: Oh, and they're both talking about a ~musical relationship~. "We are ugly but we have the music" / "What happened to our scene? [...] What happened to punk rock?". The "I don't even think of you that often" at the end tho :defeated:

I was thinking about them today. Like, remember when she posted the Chelsea Hotel video on Gaga's birthday? It seems like that song means a lot for Lana, maybe it reminds her of her "friendship" with Stefani. I don't want to compare Leonard's songwriting skills with Lana's, but, there are so many similarities between CHNo2 and So Legit. The melancholy about New York ("And those were the reasons, and that was New York" / "What happened to Brooklyn? What happened to New York?"), both were left by celebrities ("While the limousines wait in the streets [...] You got away, didn't you baby? You just turned your back on the crowd" / "How the fuck would you switch it up and then replace me?") and both feel less than them ("You told me again you preferred handsome men" / "Tell me was it 'cause I wasn't platinum and jewels?

That perhaps you thought I was a little bit even uncool"). This may be kind of fetched, but everything is possible in Lana's world.

P.S.: Oh, and they're both talking about a ~musical relationship~. "We are ugly but we have the music" / "What happened to our scene? [...] What happened to punk rock?". The "I don't even think of you that often" at the end tho :defeated:

I sincerely doubt that Lana covered Leonard Cohen as an ode to Gaga.. :facepalm:

14417469274.gif

This is pure comedy actually.

I told you guys it's kinda fletched  :toofunny: It's not that I think she covered him as an ode to Gaga... it's just a weird thought I had today.

:makeup: Oh baby don't hold back, tell us what you think. Give me more  :popcorn:

glgcDdT.gif

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/08/celebrity-doppelgangers-lady-gaga-lana-del-rey_n_1948842.html

In the month of the disappearance of the Malaysian airline, Lady Gaga's GUY video featured a brunette phoenix falling from the sky, before being resurrected as a blonde in Hollywood. At the same time, Lana Del Rey was photographed diving into the waters of Marina Del Rey for her "West Coast" video.

Ingmar Bergman's Persona (1966) is the story of two girls, one blonde, one brunette, who in reality are only one girl. Miley Cyrus' Hannah Montana (2006) is the story of one girl who masquerades as two girls, Hannah Montana and Miley Stewart. Gaga and Lana are likewise two hemispheres of a single archetypal feminine principle; one which directs itself outward into phenomenal play (being "born this way" and fashionable), one which directs itself inward into melancholy reflection (dye your hair a darker shade, to suit the mood of your soul). Only one of these personae can be So Legit.

Therefore, whenever Gaga goes brunette, it only figures that she would then start to mimic her brunette alter-ego.

Lana's first album was pretty jazzy rock music, and she's always expressed an interest in jazz. I mean, she has "Nina" and "Billie" tattooed over her heart.

Tbh, Gaga was just trying to win critics over through a collaboration with Tony, but ended up with a collection of mediocre cover songs that sound more like Macy's elevator music than jazz.

:lmao:

yes. There's a dude behind the scenes pulling the ropes , making Lana and Jazzy Gaga move around and write songs.

Nothing to do with Jazz being a trend for almost 4 years now or Gaga being, prior her pop days, a jazz influenced artist. Nothing to do with that, it's for certain someone pulling the ropes

You do know they had the same mentor...right. It's not far fetched. And I'm not saying anyone is "pulling ropes". The music industry is all about controlling artists though...it's sad you don't see that.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/08/celebrity-doppelgangers-lady-gaga-lana-del-rey_n_1948842.html

In the month of the disappearance of the Malaysian airline, Lady Gaga's GUY video featured a brunette phoenix falling from the sky, before being resurrected as a blonde in Hollywood. At the same time, Lana Del Rey was photographed diving into the waters of Marina Del Rey for her "West Coast" video.

Ingmar Bergman's Persona (1966) is the story of two girls, one blonde, one brunette, who in reality are only one girl. Miley Cyrus' Hannah Montana (2006) is the story of one girl who masquerades as two girls, Hannah Montana and Miley Stewart. Gaga and Lana are likewise two hemispheres of a single archetypal feminine principle; one which directs itself outward into phenomenal play (being "born this way" and fashionable), one which directs itself inward into melancholy reflection (dye your hair a darker shade, to suit the mood of your soul). Only one of these personae can be So Legit.

Therefore, whenever Gaga goes brunette, it only figures that she would then start to mimic her brunette alter-ego.

Huh?

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

Come on, they're not even doing the same kind of "jazz".

While Lana created her own "future jazz/narco swing" sound that's absolutely unique and melancholic with Ultraviolence, Gaga simply covered a lot of (too much :toofunny: ) old classic jazz songs with traditional jazz singer Tony Bennett.

To me it seems like Gaga wanted to show the critics that she can actually sing and that she is a true musician. Lana only strived for melodies and atmospheres that were able to express her feelings. Although both of them love music, Lana did this mostly for herself, Gaga did it for the press.

So I really don't see any connection, sorry   :w8ing:

lana-del-rey-high-by-the-beach_zpscfcsgx

YEAH REALLY SO TRUE I NOTICED IT TOO! :magikarp:

The only difference is that Gags actually makes Jazz music and Lana just keeps on repeating the word  "J-A-Z-Z" but her music really has nothing to do with the genre. Even though some fans here really start to believe she does "Future Jazz" or anything ...  So you can say that she at least brainwashed them successfull :godlaugh:

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Listen to Lana's albums carefully. The jazz influence is all over the place! Her vocals specially, jazzy and bluesy...

"The Other Woman" version, that's Lana's type of jazz!

Gaga is singing standards, Del Rey pens jazz-inspired songs. There's the difference.

YEAH REALLY SO TRUE I NOTICED IT TOO! :magikarp:

The only difference is that Gags actually makes Jazz music and Lana just keeps on repeating the word "J-A-Z-Z" but her music really has nothing to do with the genre. Even though some fans here really start to believe she does "Future Jazz" or anything ... So you can say that she at least brainwashed them successfull :godlaugh:

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg