GangstaBoy

Lana's Eli Roth Collaboration Surfaces; Marilyn Manson Denies Then Clarifies Involvement

Honestly this is mild for eli Roth the man who made the hostel movies.... I believe lana agreed to do this because of its artist purpose. And somwhere in all the violence There's a positive message.. Its ment to shock you and make you be like "wow this is happening to people" just my 2 cents though (:

Ciggeretes and RoboTusin will i ever get to Heaven

Honestly this is mild for eli Roth the man who made the hostel movies.... I believe lana agreed to do this because of its artist purpose. And somwhere in all the violence There's a positive message.. Its ment to shock you and make you be like "wow this is happening to people" just my 2 cents though (:

We still don't know how they got to this scene bc we still do not have the full vid, so, I wouldn't do conclusions

image.png

It would be a real shame if all of this beautiful footage went to waste. She looks great, and it's very stylized in it's cinematography.

Some of the replies here are great examples of why you shouldn't be a Lana fan AND a feminist. 

"A true revolutionary is guided by great feelings of love." - Che Guevara

It's striking how well the video would fit some of the songs on UV, but it was recorded some time in 2012. I can't think of any BTD songs it would fit. Maybe Gods and Monsters, but that already sort of had a video. 

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

It would be a real shame if all of this beautiful footage went to waste. She looks great, and it's very stylized in it's cinematography.

Some of the replies here are great examples of why you shouldn't be a Lana fan AND a feminist.

You can't be a Lana fan and simultaneously believe that women deserve equality?

Lana presenting her audience with stories of brutally-treated women should not be considered as a contrast to feminism. She's documenting not advocating. If anything, she has given oppressed women a voice.

I feel like if Lana died you'd use the occasion to plug your own music.

"Guys, this is the perfect opportunity to promote my new EP!!! It's called 'I iz Sad by Jackson Novem.' Also, RIP, Lana. #buyIIzSadonItunes #Imprettywhenicry #jacknovem #NOVEMber"

We still don't know how they got to this scene bc we still do not have the full vid, so, I wouldn't do conclusions

this is very true, but the fact that there may be more footage to this leaves room for justification.. I just don't think people should say such negative things about it.it was made 2 years ago and was probably not released publicly for its graphic nature..Idk

this is very true, but the fact that there may be more footage to this leaves room for justification.. I just don't think people should say such negative things about it.it was made 2 years ago and was probably not released publicly for its graphic nature..Idk

Ciggeretes and RoboTusin will i ever get to Heaven

You can't be a Lana fan and simultaneously believe that women deserve equality?

Honey if you think that's what feminism still stands for then you are gravely misinformed.

Anyways, that whole discussion is off topic and I don't want an argument here so I'll just say Lana looks fantastic as always in the video. She probably really enjoyed the shoot although I imagine that sort of intense acting would be quite draining.

"A true revolutionary is guided by great feelings of love." - Che Guevara

Honey if you think that's what feminism still stands for then you are gravely misinformed.

Anyways, that whole discussion is off topic and I don't want an argument here so I'll just say Lana looks fantastic as always in the video. She probably really enjoyed the shoot although I imagine that sort of intense acting would be quite draining.

Actually, that is what feminism still represents. Man-hating bra-burners are not what the feminist movement is all about no matter how often the sexist members of the population try to perpetuate that image.

I'm just dying to know what song this was meant for now that Manson's rep has clarified that he wasn't involved in her segment.

delicious  :creep:

but tbh i doubt this was meant for any of her music. despite being dark and violent and 'wrong' it just doesn't match with any of her music ~aesthetically. its too... "ugly" without any hint of glamour or irony. seems like more of an eli roth kind of thing. wasn't there a picture of them at a party together? they probably just met randomly and he was like oh yea 1). you'd look good getting raped on camera and 2). i'd really like to get on top of you 

ZRBNill.jpg

Can you just leave and never come back? Educate yourself before you make ignorant statements about feminism.

it's incredible what lengths some of you fans will go to defend lana when she's wrong. i am obsessed with her music & think she's phenomenal but i don't have to try to justify everything she does.  :smokes: 

some of you obviously have a very cavalier attitude towards rape/depictions of rape in media. it's sad but not surprising given the culture we live in.

and:

Actually, that is what feminism still represents. Man-hating bra-burners are not what the feminist movement is all about no matter how often the sexist members of the population try to perpetuate that image.

those "man hating bra burners" (go ahead, you can say lesbians) are the ones who fought for your rights so don't go throwing them under the bus.  

let me be who i'm meant to be