GangstaBoy

'Big Eyes' and 'I Can Fly' Released, Featured in Tim Burton's 'Big Eyes'

article on Pitchfork

The title track appears halfway through the movie, while "I Can Fly" is used over the credits. "Lana’s song expresses what Margaret is feeling so perfectly, it’s like a soliloquy of her inner thoughts," producer and co-screenwriter Larry Karaszewski said of the title track. Del Rey co-wrote "Big Eyes" with Daniel Heath and "I Can Fly" with Rick Nowels. The former contains the refrain "big eyes / big lies," while the latter contains the line, "I had a dream that I was fine / I wasn’t crazy, I was divine."

The Hollywood Reporter reports that it seems likely that one of the songs will be pushed for an Oscar nomination. That should make up for last year's "Young and Beautiful" from The Great Gatsby, which was literally the target of a propaganda campaign meant to keep it from the nominations. #JusticeForLana

This better come through at the Oscars, unless the same damn people claim the Rick Nowels track was intended for UV

w8 pitchfork wrote an article that contained the hash tag #justiceforlana? my my, how the tables have turned :candy:

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

I know a Christoph Waltz stan who is gonna be so pissed he's affiliated with Lana :poordat:

But with this soundtrack reputation it's like...she HAS to be approached for a Bond song. Right?

Apparently she has already been approached. And she's apparently desperate for it. But they seem keen on giving it to Sam Smith... 

Which reminds me of when those idiots passed over an Amy Winehouse bond theme for Duffy.... 

Apparently she has already been approached. And she's apparently desperate for it. But they seem keen on giving it to Sam Smith... 

Which reminds me of when those idiots passed over an Amy Winehouse bond theme for Duffy.... 

Yes I hear Sam Smith is pretty much getting it, Bond songs by guys are so shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. It's always much cooler when a woman does it.

Since when has Duffy sung a Bond Theme?

Yes I hear Sam Smith is pretty much getting it, Bond songs by guys are so shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. It's always much cooler when a woman does it.

"You know my name" was actually very cool. But yeah, I just can't imagine Smith doing a cool bondsong...

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

We don't need any more confirmation, but for the sake of completeness:

Daniel Heath @Dan_Heath_Music  ·  10h 10 hours ago

Very exited about a song I got to co-write and produce for the new Tim burton movie with @@lanadelrey  called big eyes!

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

I thought I'd read that, at the time, Mark Ronson and Amy Winehouse were working on a James Bond song, but the sessions didn't end well because Amy was unwell. I think, out of anybody in recent years, Lana is kind of a given for a James Bond theme song. Even more off-topic, what ever happened to Duffy? I loved her first releases so so much :'(

Duffy flopped with her Second release for kinda same reason lana is facing right now.

Altering her sound too much.

Lana instead of taking Adele route bigger bolder sound... Took the Duffy route.

I don't think lana will fade to irrelevancy due to the fact that she built a pretty solid fanbase already compared to Ducky.

Duffy flopped with her Second release for kinda same reason lana is facing right now.

Altering her sound too much.

Lana instead of taking Adele route bigger bolder sound... Took the Duffy route.

I don't think lana will fade to irrelevancy due to the fact that she built a pretty solid fanbase already compared to Ducky.

when will you finally fade from this forum then?

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!