ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Back on topic...
I'm so excited for this new album.. I am still praying she includes Kill Kill on it, and i'd love a song that sounds similar to Put Me In A Movie... that 'soft' sadness of that song is so beautiful.. Do you think we'll get more or less tracks than Ultraviolence? Ultraviolence gave us 11 + bonus 3 + Flipside + Is This Happiness + West Coast radio mix (not that i really count that), I hope we get more with Honeymoon, although it's unlikely. I just love having lots of music to hear by Lana. 

As I expected, not a mature and/or intellectual bone in your body.

This intellectual topic :rip: Why are you extending this shit beyond the one second of unnecessary offense you took lmfao

Bc I'm better than you, fume!

This intellectual topic :rip: Why are you extending this shit beyond the one second of unnecessary offense you took lmfao

I love when you talk like a dirty sailor  :willcut:  :smokeney:

glgcDdT.gif

I love when you talk like a dirty sailor  :willcut:  :smokeney:

Ha, you just know a thread has descended into petty arguments and drama when @@Viva starts cheering it on and getting off to it.

conan-face-palm-o.gif

what? lmao

someone edit a pic of chance as a pirate.

SMiWnHZb.png      :troll:

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Back on topic...

I'm so excited for this new album.. I am still praying she includes Kill Kill on it, and i'd love a song that sounds similar to Put Me In A Movie... that 'soft' sadness of that song is so beautiful.. Do you think we'll get more or less tracks than Ultraviolence? Ultraviolence gave us 11 + bonus 3 + Flipside + Is This Happiness + West Coast radio mix (not that i really count that), I hope we get more with Honeymoon, although it's unlikely. I just love having lots of music to hear by Lana.

I like how Lana has a number of tracks In mind when she creates her records. I wouldn't mind a shorter record like Ultraviolence. Even 9 tracks would be ok, but I'm sure she'll have more than that, to be honest. Some of the best records imo have been 9-11 tracks. Has anyone listened to Diploid Love by Brody Dalle? It's 9 tracks and it is so enjoyable to listen to. It's impactful and quick to the point.

I like how Lana has a number of tracks In mind when she creates her records. I wouldn't mind a shorter record like Ultraviolence. Even 9 tracks would be ok, but I'm sure she'll have more than that, to be honest. Some of the best records imo have been 9-11 tracks. Has anyone listened to Diploid Love by Brody Dalle? It's 9 tracks and it is so enjoyable to listen to. It's impactful and quick to the point.

yeah thats true, some short records are really great, i can think of a few, too. and some of Lana's songs on Ultraviolence were a bit ehhh, Florida Kilos despite being an amazing track didnt match the album at all, Guns and Roses was kind of a pointless addition imo its kind of bland compared to the rest of the songs, etc. other than that the album is so cohesive and beautiful, but tbh.. i just really wanna see heaps of tracks from lana on this new album, even if like 5 of them are like guns and roses to me, idk.. i just need more music hahahaha i crave it

Am I the one really concerned about the lyrical content? We basically listened not only her official work but more than 250 songs ( or even more) that are so diverse and represent so much aspects of Lana's work that right now I think is impossible to be surprised with her work again. What made UV so special it was definitely the "narco swing" sound not the lyrics ( although they weren't bad as some people say) and based on her latest effort ( I can Fly and Big Eyes) I'm not really sure anymore if it's good idea to move on to a next record so quickly. Maybe it was better if she just take some time before putting everything she wrote last year in the record. If she writes better songs after?

Take BTD for example, it was a collection of songs written during all those years she was looking for a record deal. She probably could have chosen any song in her catalogue but mostly she chose the best ones ( Haynie destroyed some with his repetitive production but that's ok). Isn't better for her continue writing and developing her new sound and in the end choose the best songs for Honeymoon?  :ohno:

Am I the one really concerned about the lyrical content? We basically listened not only her official work but more than 250 songs ( or even more) that are so diverse and represent so much aspects of Lana's work that right now I think is impossible to be surprised with her work again. What made UV so special it was definitely the "narco swing" sound not the lyrics ( although they weren't bad as some people say) and based on her latest effort ( I can Fly and Big Eyes) I'm not really sure anymore if it's good idea to move on to a next record so quickly. Maybe it was better if she just take some time before putting everything she wrote last year in the record. If she writes better songs after?
Take BTD for example, it was a collection of songs written during all those years she was looking for a record deal. She probably could have chosen any song in her catalogue but mostly she chose the best ones ( Haynie destroyed some with his repetitive production but that's ok). Isn't better for her continue writing and developing her new sound and in the end choose the best songs for Honeymoon?  :ohno:

Who knows, she may include some old songs. Of course, Old Money had been in the works for years, tracking all the way back to Methamphetamines. And didn't she say in an article that Money, Power, Glory was really old as well? So, even though she is writing new songs, she may throw in a few old ones that she's been trying to finalize for awhile. I'm always excited to see what she has in store.

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

First the lyrics on UV are so much better than the lyrics on BTD... And maybe she just feels very inspired right now? I'm sure she wouldn't release something if she wasn't proud of it! I trust her!

I AM MY ONLY GOD

Take BTD for example, it was a collection of songs written during all those years she was looking for a record deal. She probably could have chosen any song in her catalogue but mostly she chose the best ones ( Haynie destroyed some with his repetitive production but that's ok). Isn't better for her continue writing and developing her new sound and in the end choose the best songs for Honeymoon? :ohno:

The lyrics in Uv are some of her best. I don't really know what you mean, she can't have started the Paradise EP more than a few months after BTD was released and that record is phenomonal (arguable better than BTD)

Lana's on a creative streak right now, I'm not worried at all tbh :whatever: