ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Am I really going to drop $100 to get a vinyl and a boxset (yes I am but i'm not happy about it)... I think the vinyl should be included in the boxset. But oh well, the UV boxset was $100 and I don't even think it was worth it in my opinion.

I think the lyrics are from Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood because the one before that is from Swan Song

Honeymoon is the opposite of Ultraviolence

Mfhp.gif

The alternate artwork is so much nicer. It's a shame it's not available for CD - but it's definitely the one I'll be using in iTunes.

More lyrics

Sometimes I wake up in the morning to red, blue and yellow skies

it’s so crazy I could drink it like tequila sunrise.
Put on that Hotel California, dance around like i’m insane
I feel so free when ........ knows my name

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

The ode to the imaginary bad lover is beyond tiresome at this point. Sorry Lana, hiring snoozfest Rick Novels to produce the entire album was a huge mistake. The sound is tired, HM and TLY are so similar that is kind of tacky. Humming half of the songs is just lazy. I don't give a fuck about the covers but with this one, where she is just a tiny head between the lines, it's kind of a suggestion for the inevitable fading into irrelevance of her career. After TLY I give up any hope for this album. UV next to HM is a masterpiece and I still don't understand the rush to come out with this subpar album after UV

I actually kinda agree. I think you put it a bit harshly but I can't deny that I feel sort of the same way.

sioeQ.jpg

More lyrics

This sounds beautiful!

May I ask where you found it? :)

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

More lyrics

Gorgeous

All these news  :dance:

Sooo... I can't really get into that cover. I like the way she is dressed but you can hardly recognize her. She also looks kinda chubby tbh  :thumb2: Her head is just so small and that bus looks huge in comparison. Whatever, the other pics are gorgeous, it seems to be her thing to use the worst picture as the cover.

The track list got me absolutely hyped !!!! I'm so happy that we will get to hear MTWBT and Swan Song after all these speculations in the past. 

Right now I'm just super proud that promotion isn't a complete mess this time. :hooker:  September 18th can't come soon enough

lana-del-rey-high-by-the-beach_zpscfcsgx

I pre-ordered the album and I think I'm going to get the vinyl because it's very pretty.

But why did Lana make us buy HBTB twice

She wants

Money

Power

Gloryyyy

Because even Lana needs to make some $$$ or her career will die  :creep:

And she never "made you"  :toofloppy:

No she made me she fucking called me last night and said if I didn't she'd shoot me with her nerf gun.

9ISvyf0.gif

Like others have said - not feeling the cover at all. It's weird. The writing on the car distracts from everything else in the picture. It's just not a good shot. I've loved pretty much all of her artwork up until now, but I can't get behind this.

I am excited about the tracklist, though. The music is the most important part after all and 14 tracks is great. I just hope they don't all have that super slow Honeymoon/TLY-sound. I really liked Honeymoon, but I'm having a hard time getting into TLY. I'm not sure if I like it. I don't really mind slow songs, but there's just nothing to hold on to in TLY.

Like others have said - not feeling the cover at all. It's weird. The writing on the car distracts from everything else in the picture. It's just not a good shot. I've loved pretty much all of her artwork up until now, but I can't get behind this.

I am excited about the tracklist, though. The music is the most important part after all and 14 tracks is great. I just hope they don't all have that super slow Honeymoon/TLY-sound. I really liked Honeymoon, but I'm having a hard time getting into TLY. I'm not sure if I like it. I don't really mind slow songs, but there's just nothing to hold on to in TLY.

Exactly my thoughts!