ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

I'm not kidding, while the chorus of Music To Watch Boys To is already kind of in my head, it's almost entirely acapella in the chorus. Almost sounds like a re-recorded early demo like Methamphetamines in that it's so sparse. I can't believe how opposite it is to what many were expecting. 

Music To Watch Boys To

04:51
Artist:  Lana Del Rey - Producer:  Kieron Menzies - Producer:  Lana Del Rey - Producer:  Rick Nowels - Engineer:  Kieron Menzies - Engineer: Trevor Yasuda - Engineer:  Chris Garcia - Mixer:  Kieron Menzies - Piano:  Rick Nowels - Synthesizer:  Rick Nowels - Synthesizer Programming:  Rick Nowels - Guitar:  Rick Nowels - Strings:  Patrick Warren - Flute:  Patrick Warren - Clarinet:  Patrick Warren - Oboe: Patrick Warren - Bassoon:  Patrick Warren - Drums:  Curt Bisquera - Sound Effects:  Trevor Yasuda - Drums:  Kieron Menzies - Percussion: Kieron Menzies - Samples:  Kieron Menzies - Conga:  Brian Griffin - Bass Guitar:  Roger Joseph Manning Jr. - Synthesizer:  Roger Joseph Manning Jr. - Flute:  Leon Michels - Mastering Engineer:  Adam Ayan

tumblr_nf9ra2KpEf1sxep94o1_250.gif

maybe it's the same thing when she posted preview of HM on instragram. Remember that there was only acapella

tumblr_p0v8ex4Llk1raxa8qo1_540.jpg

atrl:

Yeah I'm sure MTWBT is just acapella in that part, it kind of sounds like a beat comes in at the end in some form but that could just be the start of the Freak snippet.

The vocal production is kind of muffled I guess, not too much though. We're not talking The Other Woman levels. 

It's just a snippet but Freak could well end up being my favourite Lana song. It's truly amazing, it has the ominous strings of Honeymoon in the verses, then the pre-chorus reminds me of Gods & Monsters almost, then the chorus has the melodical and lyrical influence from Florida Kilos with a slower version of HBTB's instrumentation. Almost aMONEYarrow-10x10.png Power Glory vibe, I'm not sure how to describe it.

RVhKIwP.gif

atrl:

Yeah I'm sure MTWBT is just acapella in that part, it kind of sounds like a beat comes in at the end in some form but that could just be the start of the Freak snippet.

The vocal production is kind of muffled I guess, not too much though. We're not talking The Other Woman levels. 

It's just a snippet but Freak could well end up being my favourite Lana song. It's truly amazing, it has the ominous strings of Honeymoon in the verses, then the pre-chorus reminds me of Gods & Monsters almost, then the chorus has the melodical and lyrical influence from Florida Kilos with a slower version of HBTB's instrumentation. Almost aMONEYarrow-10x10.png Power Glory vibe, I'm not sure how to describe it.

oh dear lord

Wy8jf2U.jpg

atrl:

:defeated: :defeated: :defeated:

ZKcaooE.png

i scoured every producer's/engineer's/instrumentalist's soundcloud that was involved in the album...and their twitters...blogs...bandcamps...

if i put this much effort/dedication into other areas of my life i would be a billionaire

tumblr_lj6u4h4gsC1qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif