ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Do you think Religion and Salvatore will be closer to the HBTB/Freak sound or the Honeymoon/TLY sound? I can't tell if she only means HBTB, Freak and Art Deco as the mid- to up-tempo songs or if that also includes Religion and possibly Salvatore?

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

I’m so excited to see the artworks for each song. Always wanted that. :excited:

Are you sure they weren't just talking about the album booklet, where each song has a page with a few lyrics?

Inb4 tumblr & twitter twinks start using architectural terms as insults YOU'RE SO ART NOUVEAU GET OUT

btw I really hope that Religion description is real cause I'd love to hear her sing 'ciao amore' :flutter:

The description is for Salvatore (even though they call it Soft-Ice-Cream for some reason, maybethis was the first title or it's a prominent lyric), the only thing they say about Religion is that her voice sounds siren-esque.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Do you think Religion and Salvatore will be closer to the HBTB/Freak sound or the Honeymoon/TLY sound? I can't tell if she only means HBTB, Freak and Art Deco as the mid- to up-tempo songs or if that also includes Religion and possibly Salvatore?

I think they will be slower closer to how the album opened. I'm thinking the really only mid-up-tempo songs are HBTB,FRK,AD and then after the interlude things will "slow" back down like the beginning.

They may be somewhat more upbeat than the opening but I think they will be a decline from the 3 middle ones. By The Blackest Day though I expect us to be lowered all the way back down like the first few songs.

Are you sure they weren't just talking about the album booklet, where each song has a page with a few lyrics?

This would be good too so we'll have new photos from the album

Mfhp.gif

I think they will be slower closer to how the album opened. I'm thinking the really only mid-up-tempo songs are HBTB,FRK,AD and then after the interlude things will "slow" back down like the beginning.

They may be somewhat more upbeat than the opening but I think they will be a decline from the 3 middle ones. By The Blackest Day though I expect us to be lowered all the way back down like the first few songs.

Yeah I agree with this, perhaps not as slow as Honeymoon but not like HBTB I think.

I can't believe some people are going to be listening to the whole album tomorrow! I'm so happy for you guys who are going, and can't wait to read what you all write about the songs :)

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

I'm going to the UO in Atlanta. I'm going to sit my phone (and myself) as close to the speaker or whatever they use to play it, and use my phone to record Audio. The quality will be around 256kbps. And my phone has a really good Mic and it's very spatial when listened with headphones.

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

Off of the lyrics so far I am speculating that Religion will be "I am your religion" versus "you are my religion"; a little more independent. I'm already connecting it with God Knows I Tried since that one was described as gospel inspired/sounding or however he worded it. 

I am trying to decide if I want to do the UO listening party. There is one 10 minutes from my house but I don't know if it'd be worth it because I'm just imagining it'll be so quiet. The alternative goal for me is waiting until my vinyl gets in and having my own little party as loud as I want in my home and that sounds a lot better. I'm just ready to hear the songs, I stopped listening to them a few weeks ago and still haven't heard MTWBT outside of the sampler :(

Side note, why have I preordered the album and gotten two digital downloads supposedly and none of them have sent me HM or MTWBT yet? :toofunny: One of them sent nothing...

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

Side note, why have I preordered the album and gotten two digital downloads supposedly and none of them have sent me HM or MTWBT yet? :toofunny: One of them sent nothing...

You could always pirate them you know - it's all available in lossless now

I need the MTWBT video to hold me over rn! But I'm sure we'll be getting new pics and recordings tommorow which is pretty exciting

tumblr_inline_niykm3FFhC1rujz3w.gif what do you need to get high for? when your baby's so to die for?

I got the e-mail with HM and MTWBT not even half an hour ago, so hopefully yours will show up soon!

Art Deco is obviously a compliment.  Shame to hear that one is slow as well.  Still listening to the Freak sample a lot; I like the saxophone over the beat.

u6pq4c9.gif