ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

IDK if this helps but I got my UV boxset a day early than intended. So there might be a chance (Providing It wasn't a one off mistake) that maybe anyone in the UK may possibly get there vinyl or CD a few days/a day earlier

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

DLMBM is great. I don't get the hate.

Have you heard the original? Lanas cover does Nina NO justice whatsoever

5.11.14 // 9.20.14 // 6.11.15 // 6.13.15 // 6.14.15 // 1.26.18 // 9.21.19

soooo for the people who have listened to the lq leaks or went to the UO listening party, could you rank the songs from favorite to least favorite? I'm just curious to know everyone's opinions

1. Freak
  2. Salvatore
  3. The Blackest Day
  4. High by the Beach
  5. Music to Watch Boys To
  6. Art Deco
  7. Religion
  8. 24
  9. Honeymoon
  10. Terrence Loves You
  11. God Knows I Tried
  12. Swan Song
  13. Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood
  14. Burnt Norton

soooo for the people who have listened to the lq leaks or went to the UO listening party, could you rank the songs from favorite to least favorite? I'm just curious to know everyone's opinions

I'm not really sure of the order in the second half of this list, butttttttttt:

Terrence Loves You (sorry guys, it does something to me)
God Knows I Tried
The Blackest Day
Music to Watch Boys To
Religion
High by the Beach
Art Deco
Freak
Salvatore 
Honeymoon
Swan Song
Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood 

Well, three days out from release, and there has been absolutely zero promo of any sort - including in store - of the record in Melbourne. I know that Australia's not the biggest market in the world, but at least Ultraviolence had advertisements in music magazines, and there were displays in stores. If it wasn't for these boards, and overseas online sources (twitter, etc), I wouldn't even know there was a new record coming out.

ETA: Not trying to be a downer - I'm super excited by the record. I just wonder wtf is up with the Australian label, coming off a #1 album 15 months ago.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

O Honeymoon, Honeymoon

wherefore art thou Honeymoon? 

Deny thy father and refuse thy name;

Please leakth in the name of all that is righteous and holy

Amen   :pray2:

"Wherefore" meant "why" in Shakespearean times, not where :slayty:

sry

tbh my thirst for those justin parker tracks is greater than my thirst for hq honeymoon. i could wait for lana's next album if i had those tracks  :diva:

also, can anyone clarify for me how the tracks from the sessions with chris braide were exactly leaked? were they a part of the songs that were stolen from her hard drive bc if they were i am so surprised as to how roses managed to stay unleaked all this time. wouldn't the hackers have stolen that track too considering that they managed to get all the other tracks from that session (damn you, hollywood's dead, etc.)

thanks sisters. you are second family to me.  :hooker:

Have you heard the original? Lanas cover does Nina NO justice whatsoever

you can't judge a cover like this though. I think they took a nice approach with the instrumental, but the song itself just isn't that great and unlike TOW or BV it doesn't suit her voice that well

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Regarding the critics, no one should take them seriously anymore regarding Lana. Some of them are pissed because they didn't received the cd before release day and her label played the record at UO. Half of them don't even listen to her album anyway they just blurt out their preconceived ideas about her (and they are boring as fuck because they just plagiarize that was written already before). My advice is to not even bother to read their pieces. The music is exquisite, it's not immediate, you need to let some songs grow on you but most of the critics won't even try. There are some cute lyrics like "Soft ice cream" and I saw some idiots saying already "what a lazy/stupid lyric" when we know that Salvatore is an ode to her first vacation in Portofino with Francesco (we even have that picture when she eats ice cream). TLY is about her breakup with Barry etc., but how many critics would observe such personal underpinnings of her lyrics: no one.

On the side note I have a feeling that she's happy and energized with this signing in London. I still have hope that we'll see her performing soon

Regarding the critics, no one should take them seriously anymore regarding Lana. Some of them are pissed because they didn't received the cd before release day and her label played the record at UO. Half of them don't even listen to her album anyway they just blurt out their preconceived ideas about her (and they are boring as fuck because they just plagiarize that was written already before). My advice is to not even bother to read their pieces. The music is exquisite, it's not immediate, you need to let some songs grow on you but most of the critics won't even try. There are some cute lyrics like "Soft ice cream" and I saw some idiots saying already "what a lazy/stupid lyric" when we know that Salvatore is an ode to her first vacation in Portofino with Francesco (we even have that picture when she eats ice cream). TLY is about her breakup with Barry etc., but how many critics would observe such personal underpinnings of her lyrics: no one.

On the side note I have a feeling that she's happy and energized with this signing in London. I still have hope that we'll see her performing soon

I seriously doubt TLY is about a break-up with Barrie.

Alle the Bowie and Terry references and multiple lyrics could imply it's about losing someone to a mental disorder.

Salvatore also seems to be partly made-up, to fit the Gangsta-Boy stereotype.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I seriously doubt TLY is about a break-up with Barrie.

Alle the Bowie and Terry references and multiple lyrics could imply it's about losing someone to a mental disorder.

hmm. idk. i think TLY is absolutely about barrie or inspired by him. even based on your second sentence: haven't we gathered that barrie was severely depressed? also it makes sense..."i still get trashed, baby, when i hear your tunes," since barrie was a songwriter. 

speaking of TLY, god, i love it. it took awhile to click with me but now the bridge always makes me tear up--trying to desperately (yet covertly...cosmically, even!) connect to someone who you can't outright contact anymore because you've broken up. (trying to transmit, can you hear me?) it's heartbreaking. 

let me be who i'm meant to be