ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Where are the hunties who wanted Salvatore to be backfire? :hooker:

Btw, the cacciatore she mentions is the dish or a hunter? xd

I wish there was more "Backfire" going on, like more of the mafia boss gangster badass stuff... However, imo the food theme takes over here, with that ice cream and her ditching him over ice cream haha so i think she definitely means the dish. It's a very famous Italian dish...

Btw, I love your Klimt action going on! :)

I guess no one has the losless quality or no one wants to send me these

Now that I listened to the whole thing…. my absolutely fav is Terrence Loves You.

My top albums would go like:

Honeymoon = Ultraviolence = Paradise > AKA > Born to Die

TLY is my second fave :)

My album ranking (as of now):

UV > HM > BTD > P > AKA

Mfhp.gif

I wish there was more "Backfire" going on, like more of the mafia boss gangster badass stuff... However, imo the food theme takes over here, with that ice cream and her ditching him over ice cream haha so i think she definitely means the dish. It's a very famous Italian dish...

Btw, I love your Klimt action going on! :)

I don't know if I'll get used to the soft ice cream tbh :deadbanana:

And thanks, I've loved this painting since I first saw it :defeated:

EotAQlJ.jpg

I don't know if I'll get used to the soft ice cream tbh :deadbanana:

And thanks, I've loved this painting since I first saw it :defeated:

True. I thought it's just too tacky. .. But then again it shows this contrast between this hot gangsta Italian lover boy and the little naive American girl. So, it definitely fits her intention but I just don't like the sound of it. it seems so out of place...

It's Klimt's goldfish or water serpents of something right? Yah, Klimt is absolutely to die for. :pray2:

True. I thought it's just too tacky. .. But then again it shows this contrast between this hot gangsta Italian lover boy and the little naive American girl. So, it definitely fits her intention but I just don't like the sound of it. it seems so out of place...

It's Klimt's goldfish or water serpents of something right? Yah, Klimt is absolutely to die for. :pray2:

Water Serpents II :)

EotAQlJ.jpg

i hate it when people say the Ride music video is pretentious, ITS A MUSIC VIDEO!! what do you want her to do?? strip and shake her ass like other artists??

the monologues are lana as an artist and lana has said many times that this is her and not pretend, lana is elizabeth grant. the music video and her persona are inspired by americana and scenery and beauty. honestly if yall think its pretentious, then all art is pretentious because all she is doing is expressing herselft through poetry and imagery. write a poem, take an art course or two, go to a museum and look at all the "pretentious" work done by artists who live by their art and make their life a living work of art.

It's super awkward and so try-hard-deep and poetic ... It's really bad and PRETENTIOUS even for a music video. Those monologues are as bad as stripping and shakingones ass. She can do better things without trying to be super-poetic. Especially when the rest of the video is her f+cking ugly guys.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I haven't listened to Honeymoon yet nor have I heard AKA so I'm not including that one. I know, I'm sorry.

UV>P>BtD

I honestly think Lana's records have gotten better with every release and, from what's been previewed so far, I'm anticipating HM to be even better than UV. To put things into perspective, UV is one of my favourite records period.