naachoboy

Kali Uchis

This album is so cohesive and the tracks all flow so well. I was worried about the album after reading all the negativity on here but it's such a great album. My favorites from the new ones have to be

Body Language

Just A Stranger

Dead To Me

In My Dreams

Coming Home

Killer, Flight 22 and Gotta Get Up sound most familuar to Por Vida which I love. In My Dreams sounds kinda Indie, the melody is pretty interesting but the lyrics seem corny at times (I had this feeling with a lot of tracks though). Dead To Me and Miami are good tracks. Other than that I just can't get over some of her lyrics :rip:

They say don't blame the player

But he played the game (sigh)

They look at me funny when I write a check

'Cause they assumed I would be paying in sex (just... wow)

Be the one that everyone likes, just approval 'til they die

I'm the one they love to hate (Girl, you don't have more haters than anybody else)

At the end of it, I will listen to it but I still prefer Drunken Babble and Por Vida.

I really want to love this album.... I am up to Gotta Get Up, and there are some songs I really like so far (Miami, Flight 22, In My Dreams) but I haven't had like an OH WOW moment yet...

Kali's voice though is amazing  :flutter:  some of the lyrics are quite cheesy though...

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

She is super insecure abt her work. She’s said before that she wish she could delete every single song she’s ever made (including por vida and drunken babble) because she doesn’t want it to represent here or something. And now we have an insanely dulled down album excluding tracks she said herself would be on the album. Ugh

Sorry sis just saw this but yeah her insecurity is shining through A LOT lately..both her and Azealia need to just let the music speak for itself...their managers really need to save them from themselves and change their IG passwords.

But you were right it's a very watered down album. it's okay but pretty "safe" and boring for a debut album.

She needs to work with a co writer or better co writers if she uses them (idk) somebody said her lines cheesy and they kind of are... The songs seem like they're ALMOST there, they just need a little extra spice for replay value and to make a splash.

Her visuals always really interesting and creative though i'll give her that!

Okay, listened to it all twice now. It's a good album but I agree with @@99centlips that it's "safe and boring for a debut album".

Initial favourites are (not mentioning the songs we already knew before):

Body Language, Your Teeth In My Neck, Tomorrow, Feel Like A Fool

But, the best songs *in my opinion* are the ones we already know (After The Storm, Tyrant, Nuestro Planeta) and that is kinda disappointing, I had such high hopes.

Her voice is amazing though, so special. I love the way she sings. And I also always love her background vocals, beautifully layered.