Myriam

Underrated Lana Songs

I'm pretty sure I've already put Pin Up Galore in this thread, but no one ever discusses that one so I think it really applies. Dust is also paid to: Find My Own Way (SO MUCH) and (apparently, shockingly) Every Man Has His Wish.

But if you know me, you know the most underrated song :hooker:

GET DRUNK

300% agree on all of this. Every Man Has/Gets (what did we decide on again?) Wish does not get nearly enough love given that cheeky, semi-rap bridge. That is adorably lana tbh. Obviously Get Drunk is a sadcore anthem, you are not alone  :aw:  :aw:

Personally, I've been really digging I Don't Wanna Go recently and I don't really distinctly remember talking about it a lot on lb. But her voice just sounds so good on it and the melody in the verses just makes me sad, but you know, good sad.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

I haven't really seen that much love to Fake Diamond. At one point I actually thought I was the only one who liked it. The tune itself is just so nostalgic, I wish I could have an instrumental on this at one point. I feel like I'm Bill and this is my Lucky Ones  :hooker:

I also find Damn You really beautiful. It's like the baby sister to Without You. If you look at the lyrics you'll instantly notice the resemblance:

Damn You

We were two kids living life on the run

Like the american dream

Without You

We were two kids, just tryin' to get out,

Lived on the dark side of the American dream

Push Me Down and Driving In Cars With Boys is also worth mentioning because they make me feel like I'm literally in a car in a desert, you know? Those kind of songs that really takes you to places even though you're probably just at home doing basic stuff  :toofunny:  

OFF: If you need another "desert song" (yeah I just invented that word) I strongly recommend the song "

:smokes3:

Last but not (by all means) least we have the best of the best: Million Dollar Man (Demo). I was having this discussion the other day on tinychat and evil said a single word that basically summed up the whole song: "Timeless". That's pretty much the same way I feel about this song. I feel the elegance, sorrowfulness and the era that's channeling through Lana. It's like an out of the body experience every time I listen to it  :grinds:

I wouldn't mind writing a paragraph about Live Or Die and Radio (Demo) as well, so I'll just leave them to ata  :usrs:

EQFO7rX.png

Push Me Down and Driving In Cars With Boys is also worth mentioning because they make me feel like I'm literally in a car in a desert, you know? Those kind of songs that really takes you to places even though you're probably just at home doing basic stuff  :toofunny:

Push Me Down is :bodyisready:. I also think Live or Die is underrated. Possibly Hit & Run but that's jmo.

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

I wouldn't mind writing a paragraph about Live Or Die and Radio (Demo) as well, so I'll just leave them to ata  :usrs:

Been there, done that #flopatafan :hairflip:

Lolita definitely. It should have been a single and it should have been on the main album.

1949 - i used to cry every time id listen to this song

Get Drunk - what can i say about this song, its just.... 

Gangsta Boy - i confess to screaming this at the top of my lungs and dancing all sexy around my house :L :P

sorry i couldn't whittle it down anymore  :hooker:

300% agree on all of this. Every Man Has/Gets (what did we decide on again?) Wish does not get nearly enough love given that cheeky, semi-rap bridge. That is adorably lana tbh. Obviously Get Drunk is a sadcore anthem, you are not alone  :aw:  :aw:

Personally, I've been really digging I Don't Wanna Go recently and I don't really distinctly remember talking about it a lot on lb. But her voice just sounds so good on it and the melody in the verses just makes me sad, but you know, good sad.

I'd actually venture a guess that I Don't Wanna Go is a fan favorite as far as unreleased songs go...I always listen to it when I'm driving home at night and hurt my throat singing it.

*Has, and the bridge is, like, quintessential cute moment and all the lyrics are perfect. But it is criticized/ignored.

1. Velvet Crowbar - it's an amazingly raw, emotional look at two different kinds of addiction: chemicals and relationships. I feel like it leaked and people forgot about it, but it really speaks to me personally. Her vocals on the last chorus are gritty, animalistic perfection and the instrumentation is classic and bluesy. It really just displays a stunning maturity and a wealth of experiences that people tend to overlook whilst mocking some of her more mundane, pop-tailored work.

2. Playing Dangerous - can't defend this one lyrically (or the wretched Last Tango in Paris jazz sample), but somehow her vocals on the "I'm in love again" part are irresistible.

3. Last Girl on Earth - Cleopatra, Caesar, cherry cola and cigarettes. What more could you ask for?

4. The demo of "For K Part 2," also called "Rehab" - the strings in the beginning give me shivers, and the repetition of "c'mon" is so moving. Finally, "you won't hear no" is one of her most brilliantly understated lyrics. Just think about it.

5. YOU AND ME - it's the sonic equivalent of looking at hazy Polaroids whilst shooting up. PERFECTION.

there is a light & it never goes out

I'm pretty sure I've already put Pin Up Galore in this thread, but no one ever discusses that one so I think it really applies. 

You know, I feel like a dick for never bringing it up, but that really has to be one of my absolute favorite songs by her. It's just so fucking good and that's all I know to say about it. It's probably my most quoted Lana song, for whenever I'm frustrated/upset, I stop what I'm doing and swoon "I wanna die, I wanna die, ooooOoHhhh." It's just sheer brilliance, in song form.

I haven't really seen that much love to Fake Diamond. At one point I actually thought I was the only one who liked it. The tune itself is just so nostalgic, I wish I could have an instrumental on this at one point. I feel like I'm Bill and this is my Lucky Ones  :hooker:

Cute.  :hooker:

Actually you can leave this one to me, because it's another one of my favorites. And besides, @ stans for the flop album version, not the godly demo. :hairflip:

14417469274.gif

Actually you can leave this one to me, because it's another one of my favorites. And besides, @ stans for the flop album version, not the godly demo. :hairflip:

i like both u lil shit :slowhairflip: