Fluorine

Charli XCX

I like every single track on this project something that has never happened to me with one of her projects, usually I have at least 1 dud, but this, this is perfection

8nl2OpX.png

3 minutes ago, the ocean said:

the ocean's certified ranking of crash :nails:

1. Twice - ∞/10 (While it's not the most replayable track, I don't know what other track would be number 1. Miss you Sophie. :xcry:)

2. Lightning - 10/10 (True Romance mashed up with disco. Enough said with that.)

3. Constant Repeat - 10/10 (Europop from my gay fantasies.)

4. Used To Know Me - 9.5/10 (See above.)

5. Move Me - 9/10 (Sounds like a really good hug.)

6. Baby - 9/10 (Song I want to writhe on the floor to pretending i'm in a music video.)

7. Crash - 8.75/10 (Classic charlene opener.)

8. New Shapes - 8.5/10 (So underrated and I love it sounds like a top of the world song.

9. Yuck - 8.5/10 (THE grower of the album. I'm starting to really love the R&B groove on this.)

10. Good Ones - 8/10 (A little out of place but still an absolute mega bop.)

11. Every Rule - 7.5/10 (Sounds like an AG song with Charli which definitely isn't bad but seems a bit out of place.)

12. Beg For You - 6.5/10 (Great idea, but a lil undercooked. Such a waste of an excellent Rina feature.)

overall i'd say this album is a 9/10 :true:

TASTE except I personally rank Every Rule higher for its beautiful melody & what Charli said about not being able to do this song with anyone but AG because of the controversial lyrical content regarding relationships + how she knows he doesn't judge her.. just like the intimacy of them recording it in some garage at night with crickets chirping outside is so beautiful..... also I'm a ballad bitch. For me tbh every song is a 11/10 or 10/10 except for like Beg For You which I'd give a 7/10. I need to sit down and do a FULL review for the crickets in my yard tbh. 

14417469274.gif

1 minute ago, Hundred Dollar Bill said:

TASTE except I personally rank Every Rule higher for its beautiful melody & what Charli said about not being able to do this song with anyone but AG because of the controversial lyrical content regarding relationships + how she knows he doesn't judge her.. just like the intimacy of them recording it in some garage at night with crickets chirping outside is so beautiful..... also I'm a ballad bitch. For me tbh every song is a 11/10 or 10/10 except for like Beg For You which I'd give a 7/10. I need to sit down and do a FULL review for the crickets in my yard tbh. 

i only gave every rule a 7.5 for it being out of place on the album but the song by itself is really more of a 8.5-9

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

3 minutes ago, godsmonster said:

my issue with this album is that

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

IT'S TOO SHORT

Imma fix that soon bestie :brows: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

Twice is my least favorite song on the album, but I know it will grow on me

overall, this is a SOLID fucking album, and Charli should be as proud of it as she is. One of the better pop albums I've heard in quite a bit

3z1M54f.jpeg

5 minutes ago, rollwithme said:

Listening to the album in lossless vs listening with Dolby Atmos turned on is like a whole different experience

dolby atmos just sounds like a conspiracy theory to me but maybe I'm just old

sell it to me lol.. what's the difference if u can explain ??? 

also is dolby atmos only available to stream or ??? is there a setting when bought digitally to get it in that quality?

14417469274.gif

Just now, Hundred Dollar Bill said:

atmos is like you're surrounded by the sound

think like surround sound for music

it's not always great but when it's don't properly, it's cool

3z1M54f.jpeg

49 minutes ago, KeybladeMeister said:

Constant Repeat being a last minute addition whilst being the best track on the album AND being Charli’s favourite hell yeah 

Honestly, coming to the end of watching this now. I am so beyond proud of Charli and this record.

Highly encourage anyone to watch this if they're having doubts with this record, it explores a lot of why charli's taken this direction.

j14CYJi.png

Just came in to say: 

the stems for this album must sound insane 

and the mixing on this is incredible, even the dolby atmos makes the experience pleasing. Just those little ªhs alone 😮💨

24 minutes ago, Hundred Dollar Bill said:

also is dolby atmos only available to stream or ??? is there a setting when bought digitally to get it in that quality?

Dolby Atmos is like taking all the different parts of the song (vocals, instruments, bg vocals) and separating them into different channels to make it feel like it’s coming from all angles - similar to surround sound while watching a movie.

The mixes aren’t always amazing because there are issues in some of these like the vocals are too low, or one instrument may drown out all the others (a few of Ariana’s songs feel like this for me). Good Ones is the only Atmos mix on this album that I don’t really care for over the normal stereo mix.

im not sure if you can get Dolby Atmos from downloading the album through iTunes purchase as I think it’s exclusive to streaming on Apple Music. And the feature sounds best when listening with Apple headphones (AirPods or Beats) because their software enhances the effects.

Also if it’s playing in Dolby Atmos, it is not lossless. It’s the same quality as a normal streaming song would be (kind of like 320kbps for an mp3). So you basically pick either lossless or Atmos when you listen.

on Apple Music, if you have Dolby Atmos turned on, it will always play in Atmos over the lossless version unless you have the lossless downloaded first

My updated ranking now that it’s out officially:

1. Twice - 100000000/10 Beautiful song that will easily enter her top 10 songs for me. The lyrics hit a little too hard lol.

2. Constant Repeat - 10/10 Another song that is easily one of my faves from her. SO catchy and I knew it would be amazing after the snippet and I was right.

3. Lightning - 9.5/10 THE BRIDGE!!!! This song is KILLER and I wasn’t expecting the chorus drop at all omg.

4. Crash - 9/10 Amazing opener. The guitar solo EATS and I need more guitar Charli songs. Love the spoken verses.

5. Good Ones - 9/10 Classic. I can never listen to this song just once.

6. New Shapes - 9/10 SO CATCHY. The instrumental was disorienting the first time, but now “what you want I ain’t got it” plays in my head 24/7. 
7. Baby - 9/10 BANGER. Wasn’t a huge fan at first, but I’m obsessed with the chorus. She’s gonna fuck us up.

8. Beg For You - 8.5/10 I love this song and I won’t apologize. Underrated bop :true:
9. Yuck - 8/10 One of the only songs that I’d say could do with being a little longer. Chorus is catchy af and it’s a tik tok hit in the making.

10. Every Rule - 8/10 Love the instrumental. Twin Peaks vibes in the absolute best way, and I love that she’s singing from the perspective of the person who is hurting someone else. 

11. Used to Know Me - 7.5/10 Very catchy! I wasn’t a huge fan at first, but it’s grown on me. I think the song’s length works very well for it.

12. Move Me - 7/10 This was in my top 5 at first, but it has quickly become my last favorite lol. I like it, but it was a little predictable for me. I could predict exactly where the beat was gonna kick back in, and it is a little short. Her vocals are great on this and it’s a good song.

Overall, this is such a good album and I’m so proud of her. She can never do wrong (musically) in my eyes. :nails:

24 minutes ago, Hundred Dollar Bill said:

literally a conspiracy