Fluorine

Charli XCX

I didn't know you could message her on facebook, so I asked her for an interview with the newspaper since I write for it

I also didn't know that was possible until I saw it on my iphone like a month ago and sent her the picture I drew of her but she never responded and I kind of figured maybe it doesn't actually work or she doesn't see them, but then today in the Charli tag I saw she responded to someone on facebook so I tried messaging her again, this time asking if she will do anything with Icona Pop since they will be in Boston at the same time... I can't believe she never responded to my drawing though :/ I could understand if she were really big but I don't feel like she gets a ton of fan art at her level, I figured if I sent it on facebook and most people don't even know you can do that, she'd see it.

Newbie here. :hooker:

Does anyone here actually own a copy of 14? I will hunt down for a copy of that album until the day I die (or the day I get it). I've tweeted to Charli, posted on her facebook wall, etc. and never got a reply. :(

I'm sure they've been auctioned off before... I bet the people who have them are waiting to see how big Charli blows up before they try to sell them. Charli technically just got a #1 hit single, and more exposure could make 14 go for more $$$.

I also didn't know that was possible until I saw it on my iphone like a month ago and sent her the picture I drew of her but she never responded and I kind of figured maybe it doesn't actually work or she doesn't see them, but then today in the Charli tag I saw she responded to someone on facebook so I tried messaging her again, this time asking if she will do anything with Icona Pop since they will be in Boston at the same time... I can't believe she never responded to my drawing though :/ I could understand if she were really big but I don't feel like she gets a ton of fan art at her level, I figured if I sent it on facebook and most people don't even know you can do that, she'd see it.

I'd make a fan book for my Sept show if I knew for sure I could meet her

BzhmW.png

I didn't know you could message her on facebook, so I asked her for an interview with the newspaper since I write for it

Gonna pretend to write for a newspaper.

Better watch your back ‘cause I’m coming for you

Boo-hoo, yeah, you’re gonna cry, hope you die

Get some pie in your eyes, why-why my oh my

Uh, fearless, I don’t know, that’s the way it is man

:defeated: :defeated: :defeated:

And when the clouds part open

When the last word is spoken

When the last heart’s been broken

We’ll be sitting on your bedroom floor still smoking

Two things: 

1. I found the Charli picture I couldn't find before! :flutter: 

tI890iQ.jpg

2. My research suggests that in addition to all the different versions of "Do It Well", there are at least two versions of "Princess Song" as well. (The version we have originated from me, by the way - not like I made it or even had it ~first~, but just in case anyone was wondering. :P I found, after a ton of searching, a fan who started liking Charli during, of all times, 2010. :deadbanana: She downloaded both "Machines" and "Princess Song" from Charli's old website, I think she said, back when it was still up.) Not to mention the same for MySpace demo "The Beat", and almost definitely "I Like You"...I still can't believe we have what we do. :O

I found these today, not sure if you guys already posted them but I remember that some of you only had the photo from the H&E cover in MQ :) Click them for better quality

owx0rf7.jpg

7CdPnqY.jpg

OVaDZes.jpg

ZAnnrkk.jpg

pPILsh5.jpg

Also I really like these lyrics:

Stay Away:

You took my light, trapped in the prism
You threw away the key
You are the curse, I am the captive
Walking on hands and knees
[...]
I climbed a wall to touch your shadow
I hear you call for me
But you're not there, you're just an echo
Why did you fall for me?

And How Can I lyrics in general. Don't have a favorite tho, I need the lyrics to like the songs but they're not like my main focus (obvs, if the songs has stupid lyrics it' another case :teehee: )

Yeah I immediately thought Britney when I saw the facebook comment she made about writing for someone who was her idol growing up... I mean, how many of her idols from her childhood

1. Still make music

2. Would work with William Orbit and Starsmith

3. Don't write their own music

It can only really be Britney... And idk how I feel about that tbh... I don't feel like Charli is right for an artist like Britney... It works for Icona Pop, but I can't imagine Britney singing something penned by Charli.. I'd rather she keep the hits for herself or give them to someone I really like...

We can at least be hopeful that Charli will record demos of these songs and they will leak.  :excited:

CHARLIBOARDS DAILY TOPIC

Is there anything you think Charli should've done differently on her road to getting where she is?

Also I'd very much appreciate if y'all PMed me 'Daily Topic' ideas, thanks. This has been very successful, in my opinion, and I think it'd be a good idea to keep at this!

I'm not sure how I feel about this Britney demo... I LOVE Britney and I LOVE Charli but the two don't seem like a very good combinations. I mean look at how Just Desserts ended up  :rip:

As for the daily topic. 

I wish that she would've released an EP instead of True Romance, then released her mixtapes and have us waiting for a debut album. 

I wish she would've put her own version of I Love It on True Romance... I don't mind that she gave it to Icona Pop, but I wish we had a Charli only song and I feel like True Romance is lacking in the "idgaf I'm so done with you" break up song department. It's just got Cloud Aura which is still very hurt. I think having a really fun badass breakup song would've really added to the spectrum of emotion about romance on the album.

I'm not sure how I feel about this Britney demo... I LOVE Britney and I LOVE Charli but the two don't seem like a very good combinations. I mean look at how Just Desserts ended up  :rip:

Just Desserts was great, don't even front.  :usrsney:

But nooooo, I'd love for Charli to write for Britney's next album. That'll make it 10000x times better. It would also be really cool if we could get the Charli demos too, ya know. :flutter: 

I don't really think Charli needs to have done anything different to be where she is now, because I'm happy with everything we've gotten, but I feel like she could've promo'd the album much better to increase sales if she was hoping it'd do well on the charts. I'll gladly keep my secret love for her secret though - don't want too many people at the concert in October! 

14417469274.gif