Fluorine

Charli XCX

I know that, I said the discount was for people who bought tickets, which is was. Only people who bought tickets to her show got the 20% discount on the vinyl.. I know I worded it kind of odd but I figured the context was pretty clear since the rest of my paragraph was about the vinyl lol...

Anyway that's my other point, is that I don't think the 20% really did much if anything because the Amazon one was already cheaper.

The vinyl ended up cheaper through her by a couple dollars for me.

I've heard this whole mix numerous times and I like it a lot! I really want album 2 to sound like this!

The only Charli stuff I have is the True Romance CD (with the b&w booklet) and the You're the One EP.

I have no physical releases whatsoever.  :/

#newfan #southamericaproblems

BUgY0NJCIAE7JWe.png

I just discovered some Charli XCX songs literally like yesterday, any recommendations for me I should check out? I like Nuclear Season and You a lot. :flutter: And the girl certainly reminds me of Marina.

555.jpg

I just discovered some Charli XCX songs literally like yesterday, any recommendations for me I should check out? I like Nuclear Season and You a lot. :flutter: And the girl certainly reminds me of Marina.

You're the One, Take My Hand, Stay Away, and Set Me Free (Feel My Pain) :)

H0bDaqU.gif

:excited: I'm so freaking out right now, I'm watching this interview from april where she told that her old flatmate is Finnish and if I counted right she's been to Finland thrice  :biblio:  I'm proud of my country and this is giving me hope for the future, I really want to see her and possibly even meet  :defeated:

TONS MORE 2ND ALBUM INFO

Charli just answered a whole bunch of questions on her facebook about the new album (including my question :flutter: ) Here are some things she said:

EDIT: Rafael's post is a lot cleaner lol- read that one below :P

I asked: Will you still have a very 90s style about the visuals, or will it be based around another decade?

Charli: No. It's going to be much more classy.

And then in another comment she added: But i mean, still very 'me'... you'll see what i mean very very soon!

On Collabs: Hmmmm I'm not sure... maybe one. Two at MAX. But i kind of want this record to just be about me you know... i feel like i've done so many collaborations in such a short time.

Comparing it to True Romance: It won't be too much of a departure from True Romance, but it will be more live. Still pop songs though. Great pop songs. Ones that you can shout too.

On some of the themes: Girl power, breaking hearts, dreaming in paris

Release Date: Yes. I want it to be out in March/April of 2014. That's a rough guess at the moment but that's what I'm aiming for

5 Words to Describe the Album: CHERRY. RED. GIRLCORE. RIOT. POP.

There are a few more, but everything is on her latest Facebook status to read.

2dt29zc.jpg

She's currently on Facebook answering questions. This is what we got from her at the moment:

EDIT: See @@Tyler's post  :)

"Will you play some new stuff at the London Nov 30 show?"

oh yesssssss

"The album will be released in 2014?"

Yes. I want it to be out in March/April of 2014. That's a rough guess at the moment but that's what I'm aiming for

"Who are you biggest influences for your next record?"

Brigitte Bardot, Bow Wow Wow, Flying Lizards, The Waitresses, Serge Gainsbourg, Bikini Kill, New Order

"What will be the main theme for the second album?"

Girl power, breaking hearts, dreaming in paris

"Will you still have a very 90s style about the visuals, or will it be based around another decade?"

No. It's going to be much more classy. But i mean, still very 'me'... you'll see what i mean very very soon!

"Will it be different to "True Romance"?"

It won't be too much of a departure from True Romance, but it will be more live. Still pop songs though. Great pop songs. Ones that you can shout too.

"What color do you see this album in? I.e you said true romance was purple."

RED.

"Will there be any more tracks produced by Patrik Berger?"

Yes I love Patrik. He is going to be a big part of all of this.

"In five words describe the sound and feel of your new album!"

CHERRY. RED. GIRLCORE. RIOT. POP.

"Will you be featuring anyone in any songs?"

Hmmmm I'm not sure... maybe one. Two at MAX. But i kind of want this record to just be about me you know... i feel like i've done so many collaborations in such a short time.

EQFO7rX.png

OMG YES MORE PATRICK BERGER!!!!!  :excited:  :excited:  :excited:  :excited:  :excited:

SOmeone needs to ask around what time we will get the first single though!!!! It must be by Nov 30th if she's going to play new music then!!!!  :excited:  :excited:  :excited:  :excited:  :excited:  :excited:  :excited:  :excited:  :party:  :party:  :party:  :party:  :party:

edit: someone asked her when she plans on releasing her next single and she said "nope, just one straight up ALBUM"  :crossed:

So is she honestly not going to even release a lead single before the album!? She filemed that video in Tokyo and we might not get it until April of next year!?  :ohno: And more importatnyl, she already said she'll be playing new music Nov 30th, so does this mean we will get new songs live and then no studio version of anything until months later?  :ohno:  :ohno:

edit: nvm about the single, that question was HIS reply to her saying "just straight up ALBUM"... Idk what THAT was a reply to then... But anyway there still will likely be a single(s) before the album release then... 

I'm guessing now that he asked if there will be mixtapes and she said no.

She said she wants the album to be 10 tracks... That's basically the lowest number of tracks an album can have and still be considered a normal length album, but I suppose as long as they are all new tracks it's ok. True Romance was only 2 new tracks since we heard everything else previously.. So 10 new tracks at once (or 8-9 because of the singles) would make me a very happy camper.

edit: sorry to edit this post like a million times, but @ , I think by "it'll be more live" she means more live instruments like guitar and drums. Less electronic, more organic and rock-sounding. That's what her mixtape makes me think.

"Will there be any more tracks produced by Patrik Berger?"

Yes I love Patrik. He is going to be a big part of all of this.

WE'RE MAKING A MESS HERE TOGETHER :crying2:

And now a bitch wants to interact with Sky Ferreira on Twitter and get me really hyped.

Just think of some of Sky's early songs, though. "C'est La Mort", "Lolita", "Femme Fatale"--are these not bratty French pop in the vein of the mixtape Charli posted? stg Charli convince her to channel it and feature her ass!