Fluorine

Charli XCX

3 minutes ago, tt1pdvinyl said:

i would've felt really bad for her if she didn't pick the worst fucking time to say this

posting something like this after it's announced that you are a part of an NFT concert is just idk it rubs me the wrong way

i agree

i do think people have been generally hard on her this era… until the nft concert and that was kinda the moment where i kinda agree with the heightened criticism :awkney2:

like there’s other ways to raise money for touring besides essentially screwing over the earth and peoples future lives

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

the nft hatetrain is so ridiculous in my opinion. nfts are obviously stupid and like peak late stage capitalism but let‘s not act like attacking charli could do any good or change the fact that it‘s simply big money for a lot of people. it‘s how this whole industry works. cherry picking her as if her individual decision were to change anything. 

personally, i love her art and i think shes just an incredibly interesting and smart person and im excited for whats coming next. 

12 minutes ago, pop2anna said:

the nft hatetrain is so ridiculous in my opinion. nfts are obviously stupid and like peak late stage capitalism but let‘s not act like attacking charli could do any good or change the fact that it‘s simply big money for a lot of people. it‘s how this whole industry works. cherry picking her as if her individual decision were to change anything. 

personally, i love her art and i think shes just an incredibly interesting and smart person and im excited for whats coming next. 

Exactly.

If she releases something, people (gays) complain. If she doesn't, people (gays) complain.

She will never fulfill 100% of everybody's expectations. People keep complaining when she's also trying her hardest with Atlantic to please fans, even though her entire album + outtakes were already circulating since last year. Wasting time bragging online won't change anything, because she won't change her mind. That's how the industry she's in works.

12 minutes ago, pop2anna said:

1 minute ago, Gentleman said:

Exactly.

If she releases something, people (gays) complain. If she doesn't, people (gays) complain.

She will never fulfill 100% of everybody's expectations. If people can't stan her because of this NFT thing, then just unstan her. Y'all keep complaining about the dumbest things, when she's literally trying her hardest with Atlantic (even though her entire album was already circulating since last year), wasting time complaining online won't change anything, she won't change her mind.

people like you two are the reason that the human race is gonna be breathing noxious gases while drowning underwater in 150 years

15 minutes ago, the ocean said:

people like you two are the reason that the human race is gonna be breathing noxious gases while drowning underwater in 150 years

It's not that, lol. My point is that she won't hear people begging her to change things, because she clearly doesn't wants to.

nfts ruin the environment. most nfts steal dead artists work for profit. there's no justification in doing one, buying one, or endorsing them. shut the hell up and eat a fucking vegetable fuel your brain you dimly lit goober

Just now, Gentleman said:

It's not that, lol. My point is that she won't hear us begging for her to change things, because she clearly doesn't wants to.

so then why are you deciding to support it anyways instead of just leaving her alone in her bubble of ignorance

i love charli's music and everything she's done UP TO THIS POINT but i'm not gonna sacrifice my morals or the lives of almost 8 billion people because a pop girl wouldn't accept genuine criticism

2 minutes ago, miamigardenclub said:

nfts ruin the environment. most nfts steal dead artists work for profit. there's no justification in doing one, buying one, or endorsing them. shut the hell up and eat a fucking vegetable fuel your brain you dimly lit goober

i recommend asparagus seasoned with a dose of reality :true:

24 minutes ago, the ocean said:

actually maybe that has more to do with the 100 big corporations that are responsible for 71% of global emissions rather than with 2 individual people - my point is that if you hate capitalism thats producing stuff like nfts, don‘t blame charli for this, go outside, organize and do politics. 

like why do you people think that pop stars should be all around perfect philanthropists, they‘re not the ones who are to blame for the state of the world 💀

19 minutes ago, blameitonme said:

ok i take back my statement about the video just being charli and rina dancing in a field….THIS IS A SEEEEEEERVE :party: she posted a sneak peek on her insta

It's giving me Sucker's videos vibes we won

XPo3CNC.jpg

Just now, pop2anna said:

actually maybe that has more to do with the 100 big corporations that are responsible for 71% of global emissions rather than with 2 individual people - my point is that if you hate capitalism thats producing stuff like nfts, don‘t blame charli for this, go outside, organize and do politics. 

like why do you people think that pop stars should be all around perfect philanthropists, they‘re not the ones who are to blame for the state of the world 💀

She’s supporting it and has many other means of paying for her work, it is absolutely unnecessary-this isn’t the equivalent of eating one McDonald’s happy meal. 

2 minutes ago, pop2anna said:

charli’s essentially saying ‘hey i’m okay with this and you should be too!’ to her millions of fans….it’s kind of a big deal :diva: