Fluorine

Charli XCX

off topic I guess, but I like Kate Nash too. Not the way I like Charli, I just think some of her songs are cute. I've never listened to a whole album of her's. Ohmygod! on her last album is really cute and catchy, got stuck in my head for a while. I really like Foundations and Merry Happy too from one of her older albums.

Mouthwash and Foundations are amazing <3

Ok enough Off Topic hahaha

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

The Kate stanning :legend:

Uh "Take My Hand" was my ninth favorite song of the year

wbu? (that is, fave Charli song of 2013 I guess, though TMH is the only correct answer)

I like your taste in music so thanks for the list! I haven't heard all of those!

I disagree about TMH being the best Charli song of the year though... Unless the only valid options are Superlove, Black Roses, TMH, and What I Like, in which case it's arguable. (I STILL would disagree though :P )

If those are the only 4 that count, then Black Roses. Hard to choose though... I really like What I Like...

If Lock You Up counts, then I'd say that.

wbu? (that is, fave Charli song of 2013 I guess, though TMH is the only correct answer)

TMH is immaculate.  :legend:

But Superlove is really something else, it's SUCH a good song.  :bop:

X----into me, into you----X

I like your taste in music so thanks for the list! I haven't heard all of those!

I disagree about TMH being the best Charli song of the year though... Unless the only valid options are Superlove, Black Roses, TMH, and What I Like, in which case it's arguable. (I STILL would disagree though :P )

If those are the only 4 that count, then Black Roses. Hard to choose though... I really like What I Like...

If Lock You Up counts, then I'd say that.

Perhaps I'd count leaks as well...It was a big year with True Romance and 14.

Well Charli event of the year was certainly procuring 14. As much of a $25-wasted disaster as it turned out to be.

TMH is immaculate.  :legend:

But Superlove is really something else, it's SUCH a good song.  :bop:

I'm feeling another "You (Ha Ha Ha)" with SuperLove--great single material, hopefully better album tracks.

She covered Robert Palmer's song "Simply Irresistible" for E!

Oh it was like a sanctioned cover. That's good, the origin was confusing.

For E! though... :tina:

Whatever it jams :dance:

HOWWWWWW

FROM WHAT

Shit why must it be on soundcloud, it's like impossible to rip from there nowadays

Seriously! When did those soundcloud to mp3 sites stop working!? I was eventually able to download the Charli XCX and Twin Shadow remix of Cut It Out, but I don't remember how because none of the soundcloud converters were working on it... I think i may have found it reuploaded on tumblr and downloaded it off of there? Or I finally found someone who had uploaded it for download..

so this is a little bit awkward and I don't want to get on anybody's nerves but where I come from nobody knows Charli XCX and with that I REALLY mean NO ONE. 

Lanaboards raised my awareness of her and I think she looks quite interesting. I also listened to some songs of her which are just brilliant.

It would be more than nice if somebody could tell me some facts about her. I know there is wikipedia and all that stuff but I'd like to hear a fan's summary if you understand what I mean. I also know that I could simply read this thread but it has 235 pages  :eek:

so if any Charli fan could do me a new year's favor, I would love and adore you forever & always  :thankyou:

lana-del-rey-high-by-the-beach_zpscfcsgx

She's 21 years old from a small town outside of London. She started making music when she was around 14 and would play at warehouse raves in London. She recorded an album when she was 14 (called 14) but it was never officially released and then when she was 17 she worked with the producer Ariel Rectshaid and made the songs Stay Away and Nuclear Seasons, in like 2011 she released them as singles and since then had been releasing promo singles and two mixtapes (Heartbreaks and Earthquakes and Super Ultra) up until her much delayed debut album EVENTUALLY came out in April of this year.

She toured with Marina and the Diamonds, Ellie Goulding, and Paramore and also did her own tour dates, and in September she already released the lead single Superlove from her next album expected for a release next year in June.

Since her "official" debut on the scene in 2011 with Stay Away and Nuclear Seasons, she had somewhat of a goth aesthetic, and has been described as a "goth pop princess", although she says she doesn't like it when people use the word goth to describe her. She's always had kind of a darker feel to her take on pop music though, and describes her first record True Romance as a deep "purple" if it were a color. It's all about love and heartbreak.

Her new single Superlove kind of moves away from her kind of cyber goth appearance and toward a more pop-punk chick with an attitude sort of style. She says the next album will be more live (less electronic) and be "red" if it were a color. It's riot-y girl power kind of stuff.

That was my first and last attempt at summarizing Charli XCX, I probably didn't do a good job, sorry :P I'm bored.

She's 21 years old from a small town outside of London. She started making music when she was around 14 and would play at warehouse raves in London. She recorded an album when she was 14 (called 14) but it was never officially released and then when she was 17 she worked with the producer Ariel Rectshaid and made the songs Stay Away and Nuclear Seasons, in like 2011 she released them as singles and since then had been releasing promo singles and two mixtapes (Heartbreaks and Earthquakes and Super Ultra) up until her much delayed debut album EVENTUALLY came out in April of this year.

She toured with Marina and the Diamonds, Ellie Goulding, and Paramore and also did her own tour dates, and in September she already released the lead single Superlove from her next album expected for a release next year in June.

Since her "official" debut on the scene in 2011 with Stay Away and Nuclear Seasons, she had somewhat of a goth aesthetic, and has been described as a "goth pop princess", although she says she doesn't like it when people use the word goth to describe her. She's always had kind of a darker feel to her take on pop music though, and describes her first record True Romance as a deep "purple" if it were a color. It's all about love and heartbreak.

Her new single Superlove kind of moves away from her kind of cyber goth appearance and toward a more pop-punk chick with an attitude sort of style. She says the next album will be more live (less electronic) and be "red" if it were a color. It's riot-y girl power kind of stuff.

That was my first and last attempt at summarizing Charli XCX, I probably didn't do a good job, sorry :P I'm bored.

thank you very very much !! I really appreciate your summary :) Have a happy new year  :party:

lana-del-rey-high-by-the-beach_zpscfcsgx

do you guys think she will really release the next album in like June or next summer? i have a feeling it's going to be delayed, hopefully we will get a new single in February or something

qqAZ3mU.png