Fluorine

Charli XCX

7 minutes ago, White Dress said:

Everything Gaga has touched since after ARTPOP is bland garbage so I’m not shocked her fans don’t like music that actually has sonic color and texture. They prefer H&M dressing room music I guess

I’ve heard more charli songs in H&M tbhΒ :lmao: Β  I’m not in disagreement with gagas Β output not being great after the fame/monsterΒ thoughΒ 

oh barbie ur so fine ur so fine u blow my mind jump into the drivers seat and put it into speed drive:party:

speed drive kinda sounds like red balloon but it has that charli (album) touch

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

opening this thread feels like venturing in a whole new dark corner of lanaboardsΒ fghfdf.gif

1.jpgΒ  3.jpgΒ Β 2.jpgΒ 

15 minutes ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

Quite literally gagged..... :paris:

Β 

the mixing/mastering is shit including the walmart microphone it was recorded on and she sounds like Lois Griffin in the chorusΒ :bebe:

37 minutes ago, White Dress said:

Everything Gaga has touched since after ARTPOP is bland garbage so I’m not shocked her fans don’t like music that actually has sonic color and texture. They prefer H&M dressing room music I guess

girl what are you talking about

Charli definitely hasn't shyed away from H&M music (writing Senorita, demoing Rare and The Middle, releasing Beg For You) and it's not like the self-parodying cunty dance songs she spits out on occasion (Hot In It, Hot Girl, Speed Drive) are rich in 'sonic color and texture'. That's not to say that she's bad or even that most of those songs are bad, but your take reads more like "I love Charli and hate Gaga" pretending to have a justification that doesn't exist

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina

33 minutes ago, FkaTwinks said:

girl what are you talking about

Charli definitely hasn't shyed away from H&M music (writing Senorita, demoing Rare and The Middle, releasing Beg For You) and it's not like the self-parodying cunty dance songs she spits out on occasion (Hot In It, Hot Girl, Speed Drive) are rich in 'sonic color and texture'. That's not to say that she's bad or even that most of those songs are bad, but your take reads more like "I love Charli and hate Gaga" pretending to have a justification that doesn't exist

I’m not saying Charli doesn’t have duds (most of Crash for example, and the songs you mentioned) but she DOES constantly serve color and texture. VV, N1A, POP2, Charli,Β HIFN, and in my opinion yes Speed Drive. Gaga hasn’t made an interesting song since 2013. Point blank. And I LOVE Gaga’s pre-Joanne output. But she just doesn’t do anything besides safe lately. And that’s unfortunate for such a β€œrisk taker” 

45 minutes ago, White Dress said:

I’m not saying Charli doesn’t have duds (most of Crash for example, and the songs you mentioned) but she DOES constantly serve color and texture. VV, N1A, POP2, Charli,Β HIFN, and in my opinion yes Speed Drive. Gaga hasn’t made an interesting song since 2013. Point blank. And I LOVE Gaga’s pre-Joanne output. But she just doesn’t do anything besides safe lately. And that’s unfortunate for such a β€œrisk taker” 

Β 

i just know some gay is going to perform witchcraft on you for thisΒ :hillary:

15 minutes ago, Chorli Xbox said:

Β 

i just know some gay is going to perform witchcraft on you for thisΒ :hillary:

It’s the sad truth. And I say that as a hardcore stan from 2009-2014. She needs to take some notes from Miss Xbox and stop caring so much what the same GP that eats up Morgan Wallen and Bebe Rexha thinksΒ 

Just now, rodamik said:

okay so now who's gonna come through with a chef's kissΒ extended mix (or even with a spare instrumental actuallyΒ maybe svp pretty pls grazie)Β of Speed Drive?Β :hooker:

asking the all important questions!

i always let the good ones

go

Really loving Speed Drive! I’m so glad Charli decided to turn back the clock with her topline, because her talent as a writer always been better showcased with her more rhythm-focused melodies where she riffs on one or two notes rather than melodies based on note progression. In fact, i think I remember from somewhere that Charli was complimented by Max Martin himself for her ability to get so much out of her hooksΒ in I Love It, Fancy, Boom Clap, et al. I hope this signals that she is looking to return to the techniques she used in her songwriting era when she had writing credits on a bunch of hits.Β 

I’m also OBSESSED with the Cobrastyle sampled used by EASYFUN. To my ears it sounds moreso like a synth recreation rather than a direct sample because the synth he uses has his signature glucky sound to it, whereas KlΓ₯s’s synth in Cobrastyle has significantly more decay to it. Praying Charli and EASYFUN have been in a lot more sessions together, which is likely sinceΒ CharliΒ listed him on the 360_brat instagram post

I like Speed Drive EXCEPT for the Hey Mickey interpolation :bebe:Β corny af but I think it will grow on me eventually

Also wtf is that length, not even 2 minutes? damn. a cute little bridge would've been very appreciated.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

19 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

People are stating it’s one of her worst songs ever made and others are completely loving it- a polarising song I guessΒ 

I feel like a lot of people are forgetting it’s for a soundtrack and for a movie that’s going really heavy on marketing (so it needs to be tiktok friendly) like yes I’d be mad if she dropped a sub 2m single for an album but that’s not what this song is for at all.Β 

49 minutes ago, AllForYou said:

I feel like a lot of people are forgetting it’s for a soundtrack and for a movie that’s going really heavy on marketing (so it needs to be tiktok friendly) like yes I’d be mad if she dropped a sub 2m single for an album but that’s not what this song is for at all.Β 

Charli has made it clear that she doesn’t write music to be β€œTikTok friendly”

Β 

it’s more likely they sent her the car chase scene and she wrote the song specifically for theΒ scene which will not be more than 2 minutes (probably less) in the movie itself