Fluorine

Charli XCX

4 hours ago, AtomicMess said:

Hide contents

I think Charliboards doesn't like....certain people.

A certain person on 'In The City' got beat up for it.....

People also apparently do not like New Shapes because of the other person signing on that track as well.....

I sense a theme

Hide contents

I'm not actually accusing anyone of anything I'm just stirring the pot but also like, what IS up with all of us looking at those songs with disdain AND they also happen to feature two people from a select slice of the queer umbrella like hmmmmm.......

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Yeah?  Dorian Electra feature was a flop as well. But her Kim collabs are amazing. And Big Freedia and Mykki Blanco were great features as well… I don’t think it has anything to do with phobias. More like an intolerance for cringe. :popcorn:

5 minutes ago, Sis said:

Wow all the bored people in this thread all because of Spring Breakers full hq cd quality not being in their lifes!

5XOQ.gif

schat maak het een realiteit ik weet dat jij het bestand hebt 

9 hours ago, AtomicMess said:

Hide contents

I think Charliboards doesn't like....certain people.

A certain person on 'In The City' got beat up for it.....

People also apparently do not like New Shapes because of the other person signing on that track as well.....

I sense a theme

Hide contents

I'm not actually accusing anyone of anything I'm just stirring the pot but also like, what IS up with all of us looking at those songs with disdain AND they also happen to feature two people from a select slice of the queer umbrella like hmmmmm.......

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Spoiler

I see your point and I agree, especially with this disdain accompanied by a hateful comment. But on the other hand, we have GONE and its reception was way better(?). I dislike those songs but now I can only speak about myself: Charles has had so many features throughout her career and they are good or the worst and honestly I've always disliked most of Charli collabs since day one. I "hated" (not in a mean way) Cloud Aura so much. I got used to it or it grew on me, I love it as well, at some point it got annoying for me seeing Charli being brought up only by this feature for most people. :popcorn: 

6 hours ago, Veinsineon said:

Yeah?  Dorian Electra feature was a flop as well. But her Kim collabs are amazing. And Big Freedia and Mykki Blanco were great features as well… I don’t think it has anything to do with phobias. More like an intolerance for cringe. :popcorn:

Spoiler

Shhh.

It's [current year], criticisms must always be boiled down to identity markers b/c nothing else could possibly be valid and stand on it's own. :popcorn:

(This is a sarcastic but pointed dig b/c I love explaining my context)

Fr fr. Not all collab are gonna be home runs. For some people the ingredients go together like icing on a cake, and for others it's oil and water. 

2 hours ago, nuclear angel said:

Has it really been 8 years for her? Damn.

I'm excited.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

I do now see where Atomic is coming from. I don't think people hate in the city because it features a nb person, but there is a person here who hates the song and refuses to use the correct pronouns, after this being brought up numerous times in the past and their identity being the whole reason for this discusion. Like come on girl, pay attention, even Alzheimers is not a valid excuse, the pronouns are half of the conversation...

Like how do you misgender them 3 times in 2 sentences, given the context.

Though I do think that person disliked the song on its own, not necessarily because it featured a "snowflake"...

8 minutes ago, Lipgloss Twink said:

I do now see where Atomic is coming from. I don't think people hate in the city because it features a nb person, but there is a person here who hates the song and refuses to use the correct pronouns, after this being brought up numerous times in the past and their identity being the whole reason for this discusion. Like come on girl, pay attention, even Alzheimers is not a valid excuse, the pronouns are half of the conversation...

Like how do you misgender them 3 times in 2 sentences, given the context.

Though I do think that person disliked the song on its own, not necessarily because it featured a "snowflake"...

This. It’s abhorrent.