Fluorine

Charli XCX

the mv and her being NUMBA WAN on nmf.... ohhh atlantic finally feeling the xcx fantasy

and i knowww atlantic pushed for the #1 spot over miley and cardi simply because of that "i'm your number one" refrain.... genius

1 hour ago, Americanboy said:

I just wanna say that I actually like the cover, it's a vibe. I hope the people saying it's a placeholder cover or an exclusive are wrong and it's the final

it is final she spoke about it in the vogue interview - i don’t think she would do that about the placeholder

this rollout is stellar idgaf what anyone is saying. her planting a seed about being a liar has me in a chokehold. the inability to guess what's real or not is drumming up so much conversation and anticipation, at least amongst fans. between atlantic perhaps finally seeing her as a true asset and charli's own recent public revelations about art (which i originally deemed as pretentious but am now finally starting to see the vision) i'd like to think they've finally hit a stride in which to work with each other. everything she's doing right now is performance art. i feel like every choice is deliberate - we are all talking (though i realize we're on a forum for fans so almost everything is overanalyzed) but a major label artist announcing an album cover like that might be a perfect blend between caricature performance art and guerilla marketing. i was a little cringed a month ago ngl but i'm sold whether it's genuine or calculated... i could write a thesis

charli is an artistic/marketing/popstar genius either way.... and the music is good so does it even matter!???

*i realize there's a matter of logistics to contend with to pull something like this off but she's been sitting on this album for a while i believe soooo... that "fake" album cover is literally the easiest possible thing to mock up for a vendor's website as a red herring (not that i mind the cover either way like i said i appreciate the artistic motivation of causing some discourse) and the release/shipping date on is literally just text on her own store website so... i am very much sounding delusional but that's marketing at work!

33 minutes ago, xcxster said:

this rollout is stellar idgaf what anyone is saying. her planting a seed about being a liar has me in a chokehold. the inability to guess what's real or not is drumming up so much conversation and anticipation, at least amongst fans. between atlantic perhaps finally seeing her as a true asset and charli's own recent public revelations about art (which i originally deemed as pretentious but am now finally starting to see the vision) i'd like to think they've finally hit a stride in which to work with each other. everything she's doing right now is performance art. i feel like every choice is deliberate - we are all talking (though i realize we're on a forum for fans so almost everything is overanalyzed) but a major label artist announcing an album cover like that might be a perfect blend between caricature performance art and guerilla marketing. i was a little cringed a month ago ngl but i'm sold whether it's genuine or calculated... i could write a thesis

charli is an artistic/marketing/popstar genius either way.... and the music is good so does it even matter!???

*i realize there's a matter of logistics to contend with to pull something like this off but she's been sitting on this album for a while i believe soooo... that "fake" album cover is literally the easiest possible thing to mock up for a vendor's website as a red herring (not that i mind the cover either way like i said i appreciate the artistic motivation of causing some discourse) and the release/shipping date on said sites is literally just text on a website so far... i am very much sounding delusional but that's marketing at work!

i do very much agree that all of this is doing what it needs to do from a marketing perspective which is to get people talking, no publicity is bad publicity i guess but controversy for controversy’s sake has always been cheap to me. there’s nothing galaxy brained about a subversive low res album cover, if the point is the irony then it’s extremely straightforward. if she really had anything to say other than “rahh i’m charli your fave crazy popstar but this time i’m even crazier” then i guess i could get down with the “performance art” allegations but she doesn’t so i’m not lol. obviously the album will have its own themes and isn’t even out yet so hopefully by then i’ll be normal about it

1 hour ago, charli bby said:

Love Vroom Vroom but my hot take is that I wouldn’t be upset if it was removed from the next tour setlist :et:

I agree but only because it’s mostly lgbt shouting to the extent that I cannot hear a single line sung live :dua:

1 hour ago, charli bby said:

Love Vroom Vroom but my hot take is that I wouldn’t be upset if it was removed from the next tour setlist :et:

if i saw charli live and she didn't play vroom vroom i'd probably kill myself

also can someone link me to Heartbreaks & Earthquakes / SuperUltra downloads? preferably with the tracks as individual tracks. the tracker isn't working

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

i hope she leans into the whole club theme with the setlist from the tour. brat in full + i got it, anthems, visions, vroom vroom, roll with me, gno, next level charli, femmebot, track 10, pink diamond, paradise… or at least *some* of them

I have a feeling this is gonna be a self-titled type situation. The first single is an incredibly fun bop but it won't even be on the top 10 songs on the album. That only gives me more excitement for Brat as I completely adored Von Dutch.