Fluorine

Charli XCX

“Some people will look at that like, ‘She’s working with Stargate, she’s sold out.’ That’s the kind of person I used to be—and now I think that kind of person is fucking retarded."

eat shit honestly like what kind of ridiculous hypocrite

that quote just puts an awful taste in my mouth

14417469274.gif

Yeah tbh I find it drastic to stop liking someone because of a quote so I'm trying to pretend it didn't happen... But that was so rude and just like... At least when Marina sold out she was polite about it. Charli sells out and gets an attitude and starts calling people "fucking retards". How mature...

Charli is making me so :icant: I've never been this nervous about an album release.

Same... I can still imagine the album being good but this is the first time something of this nature has happened with an artist I like where I kind of got comfortable with where she was in the industry and assumed she would continue to be the same girl from true romance and she completely got popular and did a total 180. Her album could really live up to it's name and suck hardcore... But I want to have more faith in her than that. I've never disliked anything she put out really until the kind of bland boom clap leading to the eventual horror of Break the Rules... I'd listen to it like id listen to a katy perry song, but that's just not what I expect from charli because her music meant a lot to me.

Same... I can still imagine the album being good but this is the first time something of this nature has happened with an artist I like where I kind of got comfortable with where she was in the industry and assumed she would continue to be the same girl from true romance and she completely got popular and did a total 180. Her album could really live up to it's name and suck hardcore... But I want to have more faith in her than that. I've never disliked anything she put out really until the kind of bland boom clap leading to the eventual horror of Break the Rules... I'd listen to it like id listen to a katy perry song, but that's just not what I expect from charli because her music meant a lot to me.

It's just so unexpected, and it happened so fast. I think that's what gets me. It wasn't like this was a gradual transition over two years like Marina, it felt like overnight. Her sudden fame is just adding fuel to the flame, and it's almost dizzying. I just don't even know what to make of it all anymore, but I hope the album delivers. She'll still be my girl no matter what, but it makes me nervous.

2dt29zc.jpg

But she didn't sell out because she worked with Stargate, she sold out because she wrote pandering crap in a thinly veiled attempt for a hit~

Maybe she does think that's what people are saying though. She's remembering how she used to think as a musical elitist. Though I'd think, with all her experience, she'd be past that awkward stage by now, when you've figured out that elitism is ridiculous, but aren't sure how to open your heart without lowering the bar.

If she's feeling more visceral than cerebral that's fine, but she can't demand that her fans "feel it." She has to earn that.

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

Damn. That was hardcore. I've never told Charli to eat shit, but I'm supposed to be the hater.  :P

It's not smart for Charli to insult the 12 people who bought True Romance. It's also not smart to use "retarded" as an insult. If she were to use it like that in a hit song, disability groups would be all over her like they were all over J. Cole for calling other rappers "autistic, retarded." And, that was just a freestyle over a Drake track. She needs sensitivity training, but at least she didn't do what Kanye did demanding that people in wheelchairs stand up at his concert.  :facepalm:

Damn. That was hardcore. I've never told Charli to eat shit, but I'm supposed to be the hater.  :P

It's not smart for Charli to insult the 12 people who bought True Romance. It's also not smart to use "retarded" as an insult. If she were to use it like that in a hit song, disability groups would be all over her like they were all over J. Cole for calling other rappers "autistic, retarded." And, that was just a freestyle over a Drake track. She needs sensitivity training, but at least she didn't do what Kanye did demanding that people in wheelchairs stand up at his concert:facepalm:

He did NOT. If you actually watched the video he told everyone to stand up unless they were in a wheelchair

but there's no point in being rational when you've already decided to hate someone

BzhmW.png

He did NOT. If you actually watched the video he told everyone to stand up unless they were in a wheelchair

but there's no point in being rational when you've already decided to hate someone

I watched the video. He refused to go on with the show because a couple of people wouldn't stand up. He later realized that the people were in wheelchairs. Not only should he have considered ahead of time that some people wouldn't be able to stand up or would have difficulty standing up because of a disability with or without a wheelchair, but he humiliated these individuals in wheelchairs in front of everyone. He even encouraged the crowd to boo them. It doesn't matter if he excused them later on because he realized they were in wheelchairs. The damage was already done. To reiterate, expecting everyone to stand up unless they are in a wheelchair is still unacceptable. This is an assumption that everyone who is not in a wheelchair will not have difficulty standing. He could have at least apologized. You're defending an ignorant narcissist. 

I didn't know about this part. This makes the incident even worse. He sent his bodyguard to investigate? 

When only a single fan remained seated, the crowd began booing and chanting, “Stand up,” until West sent his bodyguard to investigate that, yes, the person was in a wheelchair.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2014/09/kanye-west-on-wheelchair-incident-pick-a-new-target/