Fluorine

Charli XCX

It’s produced by a Swede lol

that explains why it's good  :)

it's just that lately i've been seeing comments, mostly on twitter, about charli and pc music, and how people distorted what pc music actually is - as i've seen people saying 1999 is a 'pc music song' just because it's a charli song - when actually it's not

1999 sounds like a faster version of No Angel so yeah, we’re probably still getting similar album to XCX World but better  :hooker:  (I don’t think 1999 is better than No Angel but a boy can fantasize, right?)

that explains why it's good  :)

it's just that lately i've been seeing comments, mostly on twitter, about charli and pc music, and how people distorted what pc music actually is - as i've seen people saying 1999 is a 'pc music song' just because it's a charli song - when actually it's not

I would say that 1999 is dancehall, people are saying it sounds PC because of the drums which is understandable because it's very similar to how AG did it on most of N1A

1999 is honestly so good. Feels like a masterclass of how doing a pop-perfection song and coming from Charli it feels so exciting and I hope it will work for her. It's an amazing song, Troye sound cute. Atlantic, don't fuck it up.

I would say that 1999 is dancehall, people are saying it sounds PC because of the drums which is understandable because it's very similar to how AG did it on most of N1A

1999 is not dancehall what

X----into me, into you----X

1999 is not dancehall what

its not dancehall but I can see what b4u is saying...it's like it fits in with this certain wave of dancehall-influenced pop music. Something about the vibe/atmosphere of the song, idk hard to explain. I can see why they put the push behind this one as a big single because sonically its much closer to the current gp trends than her other recent singles.

tho at the same time it still sounds SO charli, like I don't think she's compromised any of her individual style by shifting gears to a slightly more mainstream sound

It's kinda got those offbeat, PC-style "shimmering/glossy" effects scattered through-out too... it almost sounds like a middle-ground of N1A and POP 2, IMO.

I'm not gonna support a song I don't enjoy with a feature of a person I don't like just so she can score a hit which will only result in more hit chasing. Charli will find her way out of this major label wrestling match when the time comes. 

she released and ep and two mixtapes full of songs that her label was almost completely against promoting, i'm gonna support this girl in any way i can because she has done so much for her fans already, let her fucking live, i swear yall are annoying as FUCK to her

seriously though, like she tries her best to please her audience, if y'all don't support her major/commercial releases, how do y'all expect her label to allow her to release any music at all, like how does that logic click in y'alls heads 

1999 sounds like a faster version of No Angel so yeah, we’re probably still getting similar album to XCX World but better  :hooker:  (I don’t think 1999 is better than No Angel but a boy can fantasize, right?)

I get those vibes... similar sound, like they could be on the same album, but 1999 has the more upbeat, dance feel... 2 sides of the same coin.

it sounds like they’re saying “back to ninety ninety nine” instead of nineTEEN

like 9099 instead of 1999??? :rip:

mess lol but still a bop, does anybody else hear this???

I tried to look past it when I first heard her lmao I was like okay....she has an accent so... then I heard Troye say it like that and I was like girl

but that didn't stop me from purchasing and streaming, girls

Sorry this doesn't fit in with the tropical flavored pop at all sounds more akin to crazy frog even there's nothing like this on the charts atm.

Except maybe hints of 2002.

it sounds like they’re saying “back to ninety ninety nine” instead of nineTEEN

like 9099 instead of 1999??? :rip:

mess lol but still a bop, does anybody else hear this???

yeah this is bothering me a lot omg

tumblr_static_1vaj0v9n1shwc4ks4c0gwsowo.