Fluorine

Charli XCX

OVERRATED - HEARTBREAK HIGH 

Let's be honest. It's not THAT great...It has a completely indiscernible bridge and NO ENDING. I mean, ffs, Rick himself labeled the track with "hit potential", but like, how could you not give it an ENDING?! 

UNDERRATED - FORGIVENESS

I do not understand the hate for this song at ALL. It's easily one of my favorites. The production is so chilling and Charli's clear vocals actually emoting on the track just KILL me every time. Her vocals on SO many other tracks are drowned out by the production, but on this one, it's pure PAIN flowing. I mean, yeah, the song ends and she's basically whining, but like, I just love it.

agreed tbh

BzhmW.png

overrated: So Far Away (by SOME people... Someone told me today that it's the best track on TR and imo it's the worst) and Lonely Jaguar. Good GOD Lonely Jaguar is overrated. And Mess and Jungle tbh...

Underrated: I like You omg that is like my favorite Charli unreleased song. It's just so cute and the lyrics and the instrumental and it makes me kind of have a nostolgic feel and just ugh.. perfect.

Overrated = Stay Away 
Underrated = Forgiveness and Glow (These are amazing)

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Okay, these are the posts where I come back and have a lot to say.  :makeup: 

Can anyone please post both versions of I'll never Know? I only have one and I wanna feel the differences.

They're very similar, but I just saw that it looks like they've been made available. :$

Wires (not the daytrotter version)

What is the highest quality we have of Wires (Non Daytrotter)? Mine is such shit quality it's unlistenable  :(

I don't think that version exists in any better quality than the one on YouTube, and the Daytrotter one is so good I never bothered to rip it.   :rip: 

I forgot I actually need Illusions Of too, can someone PM me that?
Why is it that it's associated with Super Ultra again? The time period? Did she mention it?

I think the producer said they did a certain number of tracks and we didn't end up getting all of them so it was assumed this is one of them

I know someone has already tweeted him, as I just saw, but the speculation about it's connection with 'Super Ultra' is that Charli was at one point adamant that it would have ten songs on it....and then it was released with eight.   :noparty: She's never officially confirmed what the remaining two tracks would have been, but I think (theoretically) that one was the studio version of "The Killing Moon". Mr. Million has so far produced three songs for Charli that we know of: "Cloud Aura", "What i Like", and now "Illusions Of". Of course, we don't have a timeline for these tracks, but my bet is that one of the subsequent two was at least considered for the mixtape.  :eek:

Pt. II; I tried to post it all at once, but there were too many quotes.  :creep: 

it really wouldn't surprise me if Midnight dropped quickly seeing as it's now become the only track people have that hasn't leaked -_-

Well, ~people~ also have "Angry All the Time" and a few others, but again, I guess they're not circulating.   :smokes: 

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

lonely jaguar (full hq)

jungle

mess

pop princess

violins

fruit salad

cherry pie

etc. 

there are lots more that she isn't going to use that need to surface, lol 

Yeah, I have a theory she is and has been almost as prolific as Lana.   :rip: 

We should talk about which one we would like to most hear from this list! We can include Midnight too.  :)

For me, if I had to pick one I think it would be Cherry Pie  :defeated:

yeah, I'm quite curious about all the MNEK songs, especially "Theme Tune". ???

I FUCKING WANT POP PRINCESS SO FUCKING MUCH IT HURTS. I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR IT SINCE SEPTEMBER 2012

And secondly I would choose Jungle Time / Lonely Jaguar Full HQ

I've been looking for it for that long or longer, and i know @@Born To Die has been for even longer.  :deadbanana:

To make it more maddening, I even found someone who had it, but lost it when she switched computers.   :biblio:

For me it would have to be Mess. I still can't forgive her for not releasing it in some form   :P

First of all, nice to have you here!  :cuteface: 

Second, ditto. 

WELL THEN HOW DO YOU KNOW?

I reiterate!  :O

cuts like diamonds is one of her best unreleased songs. lyk, fur reel

Exactly. Don't know why ~some people~ call it generic, the chorus is her best one yet.   :worship: 

There was a live video of Charli doing it live in 2010, with lyrics that didn't show up in the remix, so there IS more to be had from Jungle.   :icant:

Actually it was from early 2011, if I remember right. . .January, I think.  :ohno:

Charli XCX performing 'Interior' (I don't understand what she calls it) and 'Stay Away in September 2010 lmao

This is such a monumental discovery, like OMG.  :defeated: Just wish the audio was full and there was a setlist. 

Pt. III! :$

I thought Interior was new lol

Nope.  :P Do you remember how it "leaked"? 

Best musical moments:

2 - In Illusions Of the 'You found love, I'm ready' (or w/e)

Really, the annunciation in the entire song is just top notch.   :makeup: 

oh my god she sounds terrible!   :defeated: she's amazing live now though thank god!

I didn't know Interior was being performed that long ago! I didn't even know it was that old! How did no one know this? Wouldn't someone have some forward by now and confirmed that they heard Interior live a long time ago? Or did you all know it's been performed before and I just wasn't paying attention...

Is this from her warehouse party/"rave" days? (I mean, it looks like it...)

Most, if not all, people who might have remembered that she performed it then, if they knew at all, are sadly either not interested in her career anymore or never were...if they were, we would probably have found several full setlists by now.  :(

Yup. She tweeted about it a looooong time ago if I remember correctly

Yeah, I think mid March...she responded with distressing ambiguity.  :oprah2:

I can't believe Interior was performed waaaay back, it's a cool song but thank god it's not in TR.

Um, perfect bonus track material anyone?   :diva: 

Also, I apologize for the shocking trolling that recently went on...I thought I had mentioned my desire to create a cleaner, better navigable thread before, but it's possible it was easily overlooked.   :toofloppy: Basically, I'd like y'all to help me make a really awesome OP, including such additional things as an "unleaked" songs list that I can make, a list of FAQs, and possibly a list of debunked rumours...how does that sound? I can't do it alone.   :biblio: And of course I'd leave this thread up here, but I'd lock it, just for clarity's sake. ;)

@@Madrigal Nice to see you back! :) I was initially very against the idea of a new thread, but I think what you said sounds great! I would love to have the new OP as somewhat of a Charli reference table to look back on possibly including what you mentioned and maybe even a list of songs that we could keep updated (similar to what we had on page 17-ish lol)

H0bDaqU.gif

@@Madrigal Nice to see you back! :) I was initially very against the idea of a new thread, but I think what you said sounds great! I would love to have the new OP as somewhat of a Charli reference table to look back on possibly including what you mentioned and maybe even a list of songs that we could keep updated (similar to what we had on page 17-ish lol)

Hmm, a table would be awesome. :assad: 

Hmm, a table would be awesome. :assad: 

One of the things the Lana fanbase has on other artists whose unreleased stuff I collect is a table with both years and bitrates...I'm still finding out I don't have the highest quality Charli. That'd be great.

Here are the comands to do it :D

[table]

SongLenghtYearKBPS

I Don’t Know Your Name4:072012320kbps[/table]
[table][tr][th]Song[/th][th]Lenght[/th][th]Year[/th][th]KBPS[/th][/tr]
[tr][td]I Don’t Know Your Name[/td][td]4:07[/td][td]2012[/td][td]320kbps[/td][/tr][/table]

just copy and paste the lines to add songs :D If you guys want, I can make it :D

tumblr_nqgjv3rg7p1si48w3o1_540.gif

Here are the comands to do it :D

[table]

SongLenghtYearKBPS

I Don’t Know Your Name4:072012320kbps[/table]

[table][tr][th]Song[/th][th]Lenght[/th][th]Year[/th][th]KBPS[/th][/tr][tr][td]I Don’t Know Your Name[/td][td]4:07[/td][td]2012[/td][td]320kbps[/td][/tr][/table]
just copy and paste the lines to add songs :D If you guys want, I can make it :D

:holla:

EQFO7rX.png

Just for her unreleased tracks? Like Lana you guys will help me with years please

Also in the OP we sould link in the table the post were you find the lyrics of the songs :D

I'll update the songmeanings page later tonight, I'm behind since Illusions Of.

Years? I'm always apprehensive but I think @@Madrigal and @@cartoon eyes have a pretty good grasp.

Just for her unreleased tracks? Like Lana you guys will help me with years please

Also in the OP we sould link in the table the post were you find the lyrics of the songs :D

That would be great! I vote for unreleased only since most people seem to know the fundementals anyway, but who am I to judge. Heck, I'd like an entire catalogue if possible. I'm not at home atm so personally I won't be able to help out. But I will as soon as I get back! This will be so awesome :D

EQFO7rX.png