Fluorine

Charli XCX

Focus/No Angel will be her New Rules we pray for that

except dua lipa didn't write new rules so it would be even better

I feel like New Rules blew up because the production was on trend (came out at the end of the tropical phase), and the lyrics were relatable to a lot of girls who play themselves by staying with a guy for too long, and because dua was a new face

3AM would be the equivalent to New Rules for me except I feel like it's too hyper for radio, being boring is the 'in thing' rn. But it did pretty well on it's own... I wonder how it would've done if it was promoted and sent to radio ugh  :defeated:

Why do I feel like we totally glossed over the fact that Charli signed to a new manager a few months ago and ditched the manager she prank called on bbc radio 1 to scrap the whole album? What does this mean? What do managers do? Who came up with the monthly drops idea? Why did she do the 3 month health kick for ATAP? Who's idea was that? So many questions omg

Why do I feel like we totally glossed over the fact that Charli signed to a new manager a few months ago and ditched the manager she prank called on bbc radio 1 to scrap the whole album? What does this mean? What do managers do? Who came up with the monthly drops idea? Why did she do the 3 month health kick for ATAP? Who's idea was that? So many questions omg

she still has Sam pringle it's just the management overall

Since Charli said she's planning to do something with Vroom Vroom records, imagine this:

She drops an EP titled Vroom Vroom: The Next Mile (credits to Khris for the name i think) where it's the same car except in glossy classic red and the background is red but the center glows white like there's a light behind the car. She's photoshopped leaning onto the hood of the car wearing her iconic red Exchange outfit and the tracklist goes

-TKO

-Taxi

-Up N' Down

-Blame It On Ur Luv (the 1st version)

-and the EP ends with that snippet that goes "what else could I do? cause I was moving along and walking alone when I found you", I imagine it to be like, an 80's heartbreak song, and she intimately sings that line right after the instrumental fades away to close off the EP (in that last line, the word "you" goes up in pitch instead of down so that it sounds really cute and dreamy, and it feels like a happy ending. Kind of like the way she sings the last line of True Romance.) 

and then for the 3rd EP titled Vroom Vroom: The Finish Line, the car is white and the background is white but it the center glows light blue to sort of highlight the car and reflect off of it (and the headlights glow light blue) and she's on the hood of the car in her iconic white tennis skirt, bra, rhinestoned XCX visor look. The tracklist is 

- Waterfall

- WGFU

- In The Darkness

- EP closes with the line "all I know is I don't deserve you" from White Mercedes.

OMG my mind really snapped, the girls are out here releasing their albums in 2 parts while Charli's doing a whole 3 part concept on her own label ugh only in an alternate reality  :flutter:

Charli (and us gays) were mentioned in a Vanity Fair article about the death of the pop star... interesting read

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2018/06/2018-year-the-pop-star-died

Meanwhile, the battalion of starlets who should be next in line—Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato, Camila Cabello, Dua Lipa, Charlie Puth, Charli XCX, and Shawn Mendes—have struggled to convert a smattering of hits into sustained runs at the top of the charts, even several albums into their careers. Ariana Grande, one of the most successful New Gen pop starlets, now in her fourth album cycle, has yet to score a No. 1 single. Most others have been pushed to the fringe, sustained by rabid core fan bases consisting largely of gay men and hipsters, but not cultural sovereignty.

it said "most others" so i'm not sure the author was writing about Charli... it definitely fits with the gays pestering her for the exchange tracks (omg imagine Charli releases TKO along w the other exchange songs and says "here they are... pester me again I'm gonna have to kick your teeth in")

sped up + tag 

ugh i take back what i said about the exchange tracks being outdated by the time they get released  no angel + taxi really did that you know.... and i laughed a bit though when you can clearly hear the difference at her voice in the hook - she has this new thing where she says a slurred "yeah" now lol

I noticed that too! It reminds me of Cher, I guess the believe cover really rubbed off on her! it's like a "tongue stuck in your mouth" kind of slur, like you just came back from the dentist with gauze all up in your mouth. Other examples that come to mind are the girls demo that leaked (didn't save it) before the official came out and Delicious. It's not too offensive in No Angel and the second yeah is normal so I'm fine with it

the one that leaked is a mastered full version. the one with a few extra lyrics was just a demo

Lmfao all SOPHIE added to Die 4 were the lil "Weeoww" sounds in the second verse. The demo was done without Sophie but it's pretty much the same 

Oh + the bells in the bridge

I've never heard of this second version, can you post a link?

been streaming focus/no angel at the gym whole day but I ALSO hope Atlantic move their fat asses to help Charli promote the new single

I bet you burned 10x more calories by listening to such skinny songs!

Does anyone hear a strange horn or voice in the sophie version? It’s really interesting

It's also in the released version, is it like a grinding metal sound?  

the mid-day spotify numbers for these are AMAZING.

Focus - 459,492   :defeated: 

No Angel- 226,124

And these are just mid-day. Anybody know what 5ITM numbers were first day?

How do you get these numbers?

Since Charli said she's planning to do something with Vroom Vroom records, imagine this:

She drops an EP titled Vroom Vroom: The Next Mile (credits to Khris for the name i think) where it's the same car except in glossy classic red and the background is red but the center glows white like there's a light behind the car. She's photoshopped leaning onto the hood of the car wearing her iconic red Exchange outfit and the tracklist goes

-TKO

-Taxi

-Up N' Down

-Blame It On Ur Luv (the 1st version)

-and the EP ends with that snippet that goes "what else could I do? cause I was moving along and walking alone when I found you", I imagine it to be like, an 80's heartbreak song, and she intimately sings that line right after the instrumental fades away to close off the EP (in that last line, the word "you" goes up in pitch instead of down so that it sounds really cute and dreamy, and it feels like a happy ending. Kind of like the way she sings the last line of True Romance.)

and then for the 3rd EP titled Vroom Vroom: The Finish Line, the car is white and the background is white but it the center glows light blue to sort of highlight the car and reflect off of it (and the headlights glow light blue) and she's on the hood of the car in her iconic white tennis skirt, bra, rhinestoned XCX visor look. The tracklist is

- Waterfall

- WGFU

- In The Darkness

- EP closes with the line "all I know is I don't deserve you" from White Mercedes.

OMG my mind really snapped, the girls are out here releasing their albums in 2 parts while Charli's doing a whole 3 part concept on her own label ugh only in an alternate reality :flutter:

these tracklists make 0 sense