Fluorine

Charli XCX

good post HDB. It's easy to get greedy for more music but we gotta be patient. We've been spoiled because the mixtapes were recorded and released really quickly, so we got a ton of music in a short amount of time, but we can't expect her to keep up that rate of releasing music. Also I think that Charli is being extremely careful about her 3rd LP because she wants to avoid all the problems that plagued XCX3. I'm sure she wants to get everything right and really make sure it's as good as possible and that means it's gonna be long process. I'm so fucking excited for whatever her next project is, but I have to keep reminding myself to just be patient because it'll definitely be worth the wait

remember when she released two mixtapes in 2017... and a leaked studio album... god, the gays were well fed that year 

giphy.gif

delete that gif, i thought we established that pedophiles aren't welcome in this thread

X----into me, into you----X

look i know that miss Charlotte Emma Aitchison owes literally nothing to us but am I that stupid/entitled/gay for being frustrated with the current release schedule? Like, do yall think gays are so desperate to hack into pop singers' drives and leak their albums? (Froot teas, Rebel Heart teas, etc...) I would LOVE to support her and buy every single song she releases. Like I'd rather her release WM, Shoes, Mona Lisa, etc. and listen to them on an official vinyl but she keeps on teasing songs that we are never gonna get!! Like what's the point of playing thousands of catchy as fuck songs on tour only to never release them? What's the point of playing WM during a listening session and never mention it again? "it's just a demo" but you can make money off of it?? bc it's a fan favourite?? and I know this is partly also the leakers' fault bc if they didn't play them on discord/soundcloud we wouldn't know of their existence so it's not completely her fault but teasing and a poor release cycle does make a gay frustrated if you know what i mean. im grateful for what she's put out but I'd rather not know about Taxi or RnR rather than fall in love with it and spend months begging for it to some stupid gay who thinks he's better bc he has a few demos 

stream Superlove btw 

I wasn't being ungrateful or entitled.

I'm just not sure what the labels plan is... Like 1999 has died in the UK (yes radio still play it, but not as much as they did and it's peaked on the charts). I don't think the next single will be as successful and therefore it seems bizarre to wait. They released the lead single 3 months ago and now show no intention of following it up until later in the year. I appreciate she did the monthly drops and the mixtapes etc. and she wanted to give us as much music as possible, but the GP will have forgotten about her and 1999 (again) by the time this campaign begins.

I understand she's in the early stages of the album, but surely they have something (CTMP and it's music video); a song they could push as a single or promo track just so wider audiences stay interested. Personally I don't want 1999 (or CTMP) to be on the album, that's not the sound I wanted from her but it's her biggest hit since 2015 so it'll be on the album and I imagine that the pure pop sound is what she's going for.

Just to clarify I'm not asking or expecting or demanding her to give us a 2017 / 2018 release schedule. I just want an album campaign and I want her to succeed. I guess having an opinion is rude or bitchy lol.

which is why we need an album and not mixtapes, because then we get more promotion and visuals.

Maybe rephrase this as "which is why we would like her to release an album when she's ready", otherwise you might be considered entitled.

BACKSEAT YES. And imagine Femmebot in a holographic latex post apocalyptic future setting. Or Track 10 where it's just Charli in a black room with chaotic flashes of light.

Track 10 video = charli just singing to the camera in a white purgatory that has glittery camera effects and fog

Maybe rephrase this as "which is why we would like her to release an album when she's ready", otherwise you might be considered entitled.

She released mixtapes because she wanted her fans to have music since Atlantic was giving her hell about releasing XCX3, so she basically received no financial backing from Atlantic, meaning no promo. This is what I mean by needing an album and not a mixtape.

Track 10 video = charli just singing to the camera in a white purgatory that has glittery camera effects and fog

i can't even imagine a video for track10?? like it's so revolutionary and avant-gard that it would require something so stunning visually I don't think she would be able to afford it. im glad she didn't shoot anything bc she could've easily ruined the two mixtapes but at the same time...... what a serve would it be

She released mixtapes because she wanted her fans to have music since Atlantic was giving her hell about releasing XCX3, so she basically received no financial backing from Atlantic, meaning no promo. This is what I mean by needing an album and not a mixtape.

I know, it was a joke haha. Some people just think that asking about the album is being ungrateful etc.