Fluorine

Charli XCX

if u wanna talk shit about that bottom w no walls being on TWO SONGS on her album, just do it on choliboards where she won't read it 

I dont understand why stans who charli is nice enough to follow talk shit about her/ her music... madness luv 

I doubt her breakdown was caused by fans saying 1999 doesn’t fit well after Cross You Out and that Troye sounds bad on 1999.. It probs didn’t help at all tho. I do agree that that Troye comment was outta line and that we shouldn’t just trash her/her music. (trashing and sharing your opinions are 2 different things. people seem to rlly confuse the 2)

I feel like shes very nervous about the album in general, which probably contributed.

obviously i love charli and appreciate everything she does but she's not exempt from criticism, especially given all this daughter of god hullaballoo. she's an entertainer, honestly no one is under any obligation to love everything she releases just because they identify as a fan. that being said the incessant RELEASE TAXI tweets and all the leaks have got to be infuriating, so i get it (on that note, leak party for you). i think this album era has been messy and underwhelming thus far; i personally wouldn't say something like that anywhere i knew she was gonna read it, but the internet is just like that. her meltdown was a little theatrical in my opinion.

she's trying to please her fans by releasing an album and she's trying to please her label by making it accessible, which is not the album her fans really want. she will never have a large mainstream audience unless she fully embraces a mainstream sound, which in the past has not worked out well for her. so what she is left with is an album that probably won't chart and her fans likely won't fully enjoy, which i think is why she is so frustrated right now. she tried to compromise and she's realizing it's not gonna work out. i feel like xcx3 is just cursed but i am manifesting success and happiness for charles with this record. i hope she finally leaves atlantic after this album and focuses on releasing what she's truly passionate about because that's when she makes her magic

Ok we have to stop this NONSENSE.

First of all, stop thinking that all Charli fans are Lanaboards bottoms who spend 99% of their time asking for leaks and sharing their opinion on everything and everyone, even though the only thing they are able to do when it comes to music is using samples from a SOPHIE pack to make tired and bad-produced remixes of unreleased Charli songs. This is wrong on so many levels. Many fans are not even aware about all the behind-the-scenes bs and who's producing what. This album is totally what her fans really want and it's totally what I want anyway (and by that, I mean a fan who's bringing 3 other people to her concert even though two of them lowkey don't know her and keeps supporting her by really buying her stuff). It's just a record that is made both for her to reach mainstream success (or try anyway, but that's the whole point of being a part of an industry, that is to make profits) and make her evolve as an artist. 

XCX3 is not cursed. You are just so fn' harsh with her even though she tries to please everyone all the time. You lack appreciation for an artist that genuinely does her best to satisfy every part of her demographic. Maybe if she hasn't reached success yet, it's because people are not interested in following an artist that even her fans are bashing on. Stop creating this narrative of XCX3 being cursed: her 'fans' leaked XCX World, and now her 'fans' are bashing everything she's releasing. 

/

The thing is nobody wants her to be successful. She already achieved major mainstream success in 2014 with a #1 and two other within the 10s, it’s silly to think she can still chart like she did a bunch of years ago

It’s 2019 and what’s in is trap beat, people whispering or people like Taylor swif. Charli is neither this famous nor does this type of music, she will NEVER chart again and it’s so toxic that people are putting this kind of pressure on her

There’s nothing wrong with not charting, she didn’t chart with Pop 2 yet it’s her most critically acclaimed album and the thing that made me say she’s a goddess (which she is)

She has a plethora of loyal fans regardless of how much they complain online, she should stop looking for validation in a demographic that’s mainly made out of white girls and straight boys

edit: also can we stop saying her fans leaked XCXWORLD? The people who had access to it are like 10, it wasn’t a unanimous decision of the fanbase LMAO

I feel like shes very nervous about the album in general, which probably contributed.

She's probably got a lot of anxiety because of the lead up to the album. Like both Pop 2 and N1A were done very quickly and then she announced them and released them like a week later. The whole dropping singles, 3 months of lead up from the preorder and the fact that there is a lot of expectation on her since it's her first album since 2014 has probably got to her. She probably wishes she could just drop the whole project now. 

First of all, stop thinking that all Charli fans are Lanaboards bottoms who spend 99% of their time asking for leaks and sharing their opinion on everything and everyone, even though the only thing they are able to do when it comes to music is using samples from a SOPHIE pack to make tired and bad-produced remixes of unreleased Charli songs. This is wrong on so many levels. Many fans are not even aware about all the behind-the-scenes bs and who's producing what. This album is totally what her fans really want and it's totally what I want anyway (and by that, I mean a fan who's bringing 3 other people to her concert even though two of them lowkey don't know her and keeps supporting her by really buying her stuff). It's just a record that is made both for her to reach mainstream success (or try anyway, but that's the whole point of being a part of an industry, that is to make profits) and make her evolve as an artist. 

XCX3 is not cursed. You are just so fn' harsh with her even though she tries to please everyone all the time. You lack appreciation for an artist that genuinely does her best to satisfy every part of her demographic. Maybe if she hasn't reached success yet, it's because people are not interested in following an artist that even her fans are bashing on. Stop creating this narrative of XCX3 being cursed: her 'fans' leaked XCX World, and now her 'fans' are bashing everything she's releasing. 

charli fans hate to be associated with other obnoxious stans so they leap at the chance to make an "ENOUGH OF THIS NONSENSE" post and talk about how messy and ungrateful everyone is, how the "fans" leaked xcx world etc etc. literally the only reason anybody is even having this conversation right now is because of charli's public meltdown yesterday. people on the internet (fans included) say way worse shit about popstars and their music on the daily and nobody says anything. that is just how being a celebrity in the digital age works. 

first of all i said nothing about lanaboards bottoms, nor did i create any narrative. i stated my opinion. right after i facetiously said how i "felt" like xcx3 is cursed i clarified by saying i hope i am wrong and the album does well and she is happy. it was a joke because obviously there have been a million issues with her third album release.

second, is she paying your rent? covering your car insurance? what debt do you have to her to LOVE every single song she releases? what are these rules and regulations that now come with being a fan of her music that state that you MUST worship charli at all times? maybe that was just one of her tweets. why during the sucker era was it fine for everyone to just unstan, but now at the earliest sign of criticism everybody is being too "harsh?" she is an incredible artist and i love and support her, but as i said she is an entertainer. nobody is under any obligation to be obsessed with these new singles or with 1999 for that matter. obviously there is no need to be rude but like jesus christ, you guys need to relax and accept that not everyone is trying to like undermine her album cycle or burn down her house or something...

https://twitter.com/bodyofmyown/status/1164211089011335168

i don't get why people were even coming for him and accusing him for starting charli's breakdown when his tweet was just his opinion on how 1999 doesn't fit in the album

LITERALLY like whenever ariana grande individually calls out one of her stans her entire fanbase like humiliates that person into deleting their twitter and changing their name and moving to the northern coast of greenland. the ANGELS GET HER mentality is so warped, bodyofmyown is like one of her most dedicated stan accounts i'm sure there were no bad intentions

anyone else speculating what songs she'll play on the Charli tour from previous albums?

my guesses are:

Pop 2 - track 10, unlock it and maybe i got it

N1A - roll with me and lipgloss

VV - vroom vroom

probs 1 song from TR and Sucker

as well as gno/focus (and hopefully no angel)

also maybe she'll pull a lana and play a couple unreleased favs like bounce/taxi?