Fluorine

Charli XCX

i posted this on atrl lmao~\

damn… the first tweet hit.

the insta story is a mess… talking down her upcoming, finally third album… i get her frustration. i'm sure she'd rather go pop 3 and she knows her fans would rather her go pop 3 but she has to put out a damn album and she can't be as experimental as she wants to be. you know she would love to just constantly release crazy shit. it's a shame she can't be indie. 

also, gone->cyo->1999 is a totally fine transition, i think it's a great mood shift in fact. the album starts a bit melancholy and then she goes on a time warp to command the mood.

i'm sure she'd rather go pop 3 and she knows her fans would rather her go pop 3 but she has to put out a damn album and she can't be as experimental as she wants to be. you know she would love to just constantly release crazy shit. it's a shame she can't be indie. .

Charli has made it extremely clear in the past she wants to do all types of pop music and not limit herself to 1 genre. It’s yall making her insecure about her non-PC songs, calling every song that isn’t produced by A.G or Sophie “trash” or “generic” saying her label must’ve forced her to do it.

Charli has made it extremely clear in the past she wants to do all types of pop music and not limit herself to 1 genre. It’s yall making her insecure about her non-PC songs, calling every song that isn’t produced by A.G or Sophie “trash” or “generic” saying her label must’ve forced her to do it.

i haven't said anything of the sort, i love every song thus far including bioyl and respect whichever material she chooses to release. gone and cross you out are career highlights imo. if i meet her on tour i'm not going to beg her for taxi, i'd rather talk about take my hand vs. unlock it  

she literally just said she wishes she could give away all the pop songs on the album. her album out next month. in that regard, you're right—she's constantly wanting to do different things as she's an extremely creative person. i'm sure she loved making the pop songs until fans started complaining. twitter/insta stan culture is beyond sewage and no one has an attention span anymore. stans are ruining this for her, at least today, and i'm glad she's speaking on it. i feel for charli, marina, and lana the most.

Again, why does 1999 get hate? It was the best pop song last year... and I love how she closes her shows with it now, and did you see the Pitchfork set? The whole place was erupting.

Just a feel good bop that leaves a positive closing impression. Everything about it is catchy.

You rats still think its cute to keep complaining about her pop songs because you think theyre “generic” and want something SOPHIE produced to sniff poppers alone to in your bedrooms?

You all want to pigeonhole her so bad. Go listen to Pop 2 and XCX World.

You rats still think its cute to keep complaining about her pop songs because you think theyre “generic” and want something SOPHIE produced to sniff poppers alone to in your bedrooms?

it's an opinion. I disagree with the opinion but it's allowed regardless. 

I agree with the original tweet tho. I like 1999 but I wish it wasn’t on the album. It doesn’t fit sonically. It could’ve been cute as a track at the end of the album or somethin before 2099 but it just doesn’t fit at all as the follow up track to Cross You Out.

qfrWuBl.png

I agree with the original tweet tho. I like 1999 but I wish it wasn’t on the album. It doesn’t fit sonically. It could’ve been cute as a track at the end of the album or somethin before 2099 but it just doesn’t fit at all as the follow up track to Cross You Out.

I listened to Gone, Cross You Out, 1999 & Click (Snippets) in order and despite that they’re all quite different songs I thought it flowed together cohesively.

Weren’t you saying Gone aged like milk just a few days ago? Let’s not get hypocritical now that Charli saw some negative tweets about 1999.

qfrWuBl.png

Weren’t you saying Gone aged like milk just a few days ago? Let’s not get hypocritical now that Charli saw some negative tweets about 1999.

I mean Gone is a PC Music song. Also I think me saying Gone didnt age well is a bit different than the constant barrage of posts/tweets/etc for the past 2 years talking about how pretty much any song that doesnt have a SOPHIE or AG Cook production credit is generic and garbage. I guess it is a bit hypocritical tho.

I do think the way a lot of her fans consistently trash her work that isn't SOPHIE or PC Music produced is really messed up and devalues her talent as an artist. It seems like a lot of her fans want her to be a vessel for SOPHIE/PC songs and I think its pretty disrespectful. I can see how she feels like shit when it seems like some very vocal fans seem like they only like her for her songs with SOPHIE/PC.

The issue isn't whether her music is PC or not cause gay barely even grasps musical concepts, hence all these phrases that mean fuck all like "age like milk" "dated" etc...

I personally haven't really LOVED any of these tracks like I fell in love with the majority of Pop 2 (if not all) but gays do put a lot of pressure on her. 

Honestly unlike singers like Marina I still feel like there's hope for the rest of the album, especially since at least one song (White Mercedes) is a smash. Like, can Marina say the same? No 

I mean Gone is a PC Music song. Also I think me saying Gone didnt age well is a bit different than the constant barrage of posts/tweets/etc for the past 2 years talking about how pretty much any song that doesnt have a SOPHIE or AG Cook production credit is generic and garbage. I guess it is a bit hypocritical tho.

I do think the way a lot of her fans consistently trash her work that isn't SOPHIE or PC Music produced is really messed up and devalues her talent as an artist. It seems like a lot of her fans want her to be a vessel for SOPHIE/PC songs and I think its pretty disrespectful. I can see how she feels like shit when it seems like some very vocal fans seem like they only like her for her songs with SOPHIE/PC.

nicely put :oprah3: though my personal opinion is that she and sophie need to work out a collaborative mixtape, a one and done event, with a heap of unreleased tracks wanted by the popper gays. not all tracks have to feature both artists, charli and sophie just have massive overlap in stanbases and they will never relent on a lot of these old bops. they could stand firm with the release in stating any other old tracks will not be released and their stans must stfu about the ones left in the dust. then again, they don't owe us anything. i just can't imagine how grating it is for them and it might feel nice for them to make their own closure on this wonderful early-pc era. 

the day Charli stops releasing songs and disappears for good, I will understand and support her. i've never seen such a toxic and critical fanbase, like, you guys even complain about the intentional mixed/weird vocals on Gone and Cross You Out

just stop and let this girl release the music she makes out of the PC Music-bubble

we've heard 4 mastered songs in studio quality so far and yet you still find a way to determine that the entire album of 15 (11 left) songs is not sonically cohesive? should i even be surprised from someone who keeps complaining about the vocal mixing being "weird" as soon as we get a new song from the album though? :teehee:

nicely put :oprah3: though my personal opinion is that she and sophie need to work out a collaborative mixtape, a one and done event, with a heap of unreleased tracks wanted by the popper gays. not all tracks have to feature both artists, charli and sophie just have massive overlap in stanbases and they will never relent on a lot of these old bops. they could stand firm with the release in stating any other old tracks will not be released and their stans must stfu about the ones left in the dust. then again, they don't owe us anything. i just can't imagine how grating it is for them and it might feel nice for them to make their own closure on this wonderful early-pc era.

I really don't think that would do anything. Those stans would just ask for more or trash whatever work came after it. Thats the issue I’m saying. 5ITM was trashed by her fans and called generic. Same thing with 1999. BIOYL was constantly trashed as the ~generic~ version of the song (despite AG and Easyfun bing involved). Even the released version of No Angel was trashed for not being the SOPHIE version.

I can see how she would feel depressed when it feels like her fans only like her music when she’s working with certain producers. It comes off like they don’t actually like her, just her working with those producers, and as an artist I’m sure thats hurtful.

I really don't think that would do anything. Those stand would just ask for more or trash whatever work came after it. Thats the issue I’m saying. 5ITM was trashed by her fans and called generic. Same thing with 1999. BIOYL was constantly trashed as the ~generic~ version of the song (despite AG and Easyfun bing involved). Even the released version of No Angel was trashed for not being the SOPHIE version.

I can see how she would feel depressed when it feels like her fans only like her music when she’s working with certain producers. It comes off like they don’t actually like her, just her working with those producers, and as an artist I’m sure thats hurtful.

this! is just like when people rather push her and SOPHIE to release Taxi instead of appreciate new songs she's been putting out almost every week in the last months.

she released 5ITM > gays start asking about No Angel

she released Focus and No Angel > they start asking for Girls Night Out

she released Girls Night Out, a few people give it the attention it deserves and she announced 1999 with Troye > OH NO CHARLI, STAY AWAY FROM THIS TALENTLESS BOTTOM, WHERE'S TAXI?

the girl is about to drop a new album with a lot of new songs and the fanbase still asks for old songs. it's annoying