Fluorine

Charli XCX

i posted this on atrl lmao~\

damn… the first tweet hit.

the insta story is a mess… talking down her upcoming, finally third album… i get her frustration. i'm sure she'd rather go pop 3 and she knows her fans would rather her go pop 3 but she has to put out a damn album and she can't be as experimental as she wants to be. you know she would love to just constantly release crazy shit. it's a shame she can't be indie. 

also, gone->cyo->1999 is a totally fine transition, i think it's a great mood shift in fact. the album starts a bit melancholy and then she goes on a time warp to command the mood.

For real though...

Fans begged her to do an album, ever since they leaked XCX World. Even when she did Pop 2, everybody wanted an album, an era, music videos, hit singles, a tour!

She did the monthly drops, 5 In The Morning was clearly her attempt to make the Pop 2 soundscape mainstream, it wasn't a hit but it felt she like she was trying to find a happy balance. Then she dropped No Angel and Girls Night Out, two songs fans had harassed her for, for over 2 years! That was for us! She invited fans to hear her new music, Blame It On Your Love and 1999 included! Fans begged her to release them, 1999 is a hit! Finally she gets the go ahead for an album! A dream right?

What's next, Blame It On Your Love! Another song fans had asked her to release... But she got slated cos Track 10 was better!

I genuinely don't understand, she got a hit single, she's releasing an album and going on a world tour as a headline act! She's dropping music videos, we have an era! Yet people either want her to go back to mixtapes or to release XCX World. We knew the album was gonna PC and mainstream, she said it herself numerous times, it was part of the deal. Y'all hating on 1999 but want her to release Come To My Party?!

Legit never happy! I hope next era she releases the leftovers of XCX World, untouched, dated production, no music videos, no tour. Nothing, then y'all can complain.

I really don't think that would do anything. Those stans would just ask for more or trash whatever work came after it. Thats the issue I’m saying. 5ITM was trashed by her fans and called generic. Same thing with 1999. BIOYL was constantly trashed as the ~generic~ version of the song (despite AG and Easyfun bing involved). Even the released version of No Angel was trashed for not being the SOPHIE version.

I can see how she would feel depressed when it feels like her fans only like her music when she’s working with certain producers. It comes off like they don’t actually like her, just her working with those producers, and as an artist I’m sure thats hurtful.

yeah i was being too optimistic with beyond sewage lmaoo,, however i still endorse the idea of a flame joint mixtape :judgingu:

For real though...

Fans begged her to do an album, ever since they leaked XCX World. Even when she did Pop 2, everybody wanted an album, an era, music videos, hit singles, a tour!

She did the monthly drops, 5 In The Morning was clearly her attempt to make the Pop 2 soundscape mainstream, it wasn't a hit but it felt she like she was trying to find a happy balance. Then she dropped No Angel and Girls Night Out, two songs fans had harassed her for, for over 2 years! That was for us! She invited fans to hear her new music, Blame It On Your Love and 1999 included! Fans begged her to release them, 1999 is a hit! Finally she gets the go ahead for an album! A dream right?

What's next, Blame It On Your Love! Another song fans had asked her to release... But she got slated cos Track 10 was better!

I genuinely don't understand, she got a hit single, she's releasing an album and going on a world tour as a headline act! She's dropping music videos, we have an era! Yet people either want her to go back to mixtapes or to release XCX World.

Legit never happy! I hope next era she releases the leftovers of XCX World, untouched, dated production, no music videos, no tour. Nothing, then y'all can complain.

i luvvvvv 5itm and no angel's final version >>> sophie's imo, tho i stan the slinky percussion in sophie's.

yeah i think bioyl is really cute and i love how she connected pop 2 to charli, i think it's brilliant. i could've done without lizzo but whatever. i support her no matter what and empathize with how much pressure she's under. can't wait for the album to be OUT, the stans FED, the milestone REACHED. i think we'll all let out a big exhale or ten. and i know she won't disappoint. ahhh.

The issue isn't whether her music is PC or not cause gay barely even grasps musical concepts, hence all these phrases that mean fuck all like "age like milk" "dated" etc...

I personally haven't really LOVED any of these tracks like I fell in love with the majority of Pop 2 (if not all) but gays do put a lot of pressure on her. 

Honestly unlike singers like Marina I still feel like there's hope for the rest of the album, especially since at least one song (White Mercedes) is a smash. Like, can Marina say the same? No

can you like... stop putting marina as a negative example for everything...

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

we've heard 4 mastered songs in studio quality so far and yet you still find a way to determine that the entire album of 15 (11 left) songs is not sonically cohesive? should i even be surprised from someone who keeps complaining about the vocal mixing being "weird" as soon as we get a new song from the album though? :teehee:

I never said the entire album isn’t sonically cohesive, I just said 1999 doesn’t fit in sonically with the other singles she released so far, especially not with Cross You Out which is literally the song that comes before 1999 on the album. I’m not determining shit, I’m just giving my opinion on how the transition between 2 songs I have heard doesn’t make sense. I don't really mind it being on the album, I just agree with that original tweet. Also I know you’re trying to have your little “shady” moment but I’ve only said the vocal mixing is weird on songs twice, and most people agreed that Christine and the Queens’ vocals were mixed weirdly in Gone in comparison to Charli’s. I wasn’t even complaining about it, they were just observations.

qfrWuBl.png

Charli needs to just turn her phone off for a while

Like these broke bottoms w no man that can barely pass a STD test shouldn’t be making u this upset luv

I think she should honestly just take a break from her social media accounts and get her manager to run it or something

poor girl. i always think about how she released LOTS of music just to please us and to make us happy and YET we still have the nerve to drag her to hell. she really needs to delete her twitter app or sumn cause people on there are SO toxic and they'll only fuck her brain up. she's a great talent for the music industry and we should start to appreciate her a little bit more. i'm not saying we have to like every single song she decides to release, but we could still be grateful by shutting the fuck up about how much we don't like it. so, in conclusion, stream cross you out AND the pop masterpiece 1999. bye.

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

I feel bad for Charli, no matter what she does or how hard she works she still gets little c*nts still begging for more, better, better production, better vocals, better lyrics or for shit she doesn’t want to release anymore. She’s literally a person, she’s not magic, she’s not a wish granter. Take your fake stan energy and shove it up your arses

giphy.gif

Y’all are so messy and have no idea what you want.

First you HAVE to have a “real album” Then when she decides to do it, you trash it endlessly before it’s even released.

You complain that it lacks cohesion KNOWING DAMN WELL you are all going to arrange it in the order you prefer to listen to it anyway. Additionally I’ve seen several people already talk about what remix they are gonna replace 1999 with... Therefore literally the whole lacking cohesion talking point is already mitigated, stupid, unnecessary, and toxic.

Also I guess after 4 weeks ppl hate gone now? There wasn’t a soul on here not admitting the song was good regardless of how ya felt about the mixing... but now it’s trash? Ok. Similarly with 1999, you know the entire reason the album isn’t being shelved... again.