Fluorine

Charli XCX

imo the video looks like a commentary on capitalism. basically buy into sucker and buy all her shit!! because its so great!!! when in reality its just crap and shes rotten (literally) because she sold out and made an album only to try and get that $$$ maybe the whole sucker era is just this one big ironic joke, like some crazy ass performance art shit or maybe she just sold out :smokes2:

anyway get that money charlezz im gonna go listen to spooky black

tumblr_nlop4mx1xT1sz8sb1o1_400.png

imo the video looks like a commentary on capitalism. basically buy into sucker and buy all her shit!! because its so great!!! when in reality its just crap and shes rotten (literally) because she sold out and made an album only to try and get that $$$ maybe the whole sucker era is just this one big ironic joke, like some crazy ass performance art shit or maybe she just sold out :smokes2:

im alive

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Is it wrong though? :teehee:

i haven't watched a music video all the way through in a long time, and this one was totally worth it. i gained back some of the respect for her i've lost since the album dropped, and damn, that was a cold one. she seems to have a remarkably astute view of the music industry and internet culture as a whole, for someone of her age and career. i'm interested to see what she says about it in interviews - i feel like this is the most interesting / genuinely provocative thing she's done in a long time. 

i haven't watched a music video all the way through in a long time, and this one was totally worth it. i gained back some of the respect for her i've lost since the album dropped, and damn, that was a cold one. she seems to have a remarkably astute view of the music industry and internet culture as a whole, for someone of her age and career. i'm interested to see what she says about it in interviews - i feel like this is the most interesting / genuinely provocative thing she's done in a long time. 

Listen to FROOT

tumblr_nlop4mx1xT1sz8sb1o1_400.png

let's hope it's that 

UM7JOQb.gif

I actually love the Famous video (more for its message than for its content). It feels like Charli either has her head back on right or is headed in the right direction. The whole video is really there to do the Sucker era dirty as you can tell by the little ad section of the video. It subtly trashes stan culture (which in a matter of 3 years has gotten completely out of hand) and manages to shed some light on the Sucker era. I'm probably over analyzing it and I totally don't want to sound like one of those pop star stans who thinks up crazy wild theories about music videos, but the whole ad clip really felt to me like a comment on how her label turned an album that was supposed to be her rebelling against the music industry (the song Sucker is the one used in the ad) and made it into this watered down, commercial pop nightmare that was forced on her and possibly her fans. Again I'm probably over analyzing it, but thats definitely what I took away from the video. I'm really happy that the video shows that Charli is starting to push back against the era, which to me has been nothing but her label forcing her to do what they think will work (and it ends up being a mess)

Sophie 2 is a bonafide banger :rip:

The noises in S3 though :wtf: she called her old stuff crappy MySpace music yet that Sophie clip is even more poorly produced

To be fair most if not all of Sophie's music has always sounded poorly produced. It's appeal (at least to my knowledge) has always been the "less is more" tactic